Consumer Reviews of AMANA heat pumps

Read more about AMANA heat pumps

Date created: 2010-08-07 Name: ED

"A/C TECH 30YRS"
Had this unit installed by a licensed amana dealer and was told I could get the 10 yr amana labor contract for 179.00 . they lied ,according to them its a paper work foul up,on amana s sales reps . side. according to amana home office this contract isn't available on this unit. if I had known this I would have used a different brand for half the price of 6,000. for a 5ton heat pump package unit.

Date created: 2010-07-07 Name: S. Johnson

"Junk!!!!"
Junk, Junk, Junk. Have spent two thousand dollars in repairs in 3 years. Nothing is ever under the 10 year warranty.

Date created: 2010-05-28 Name: E. Tunby

"Amana Heat Pump"
Although this Amana Heat Pump has been reliable, it is very noisy. It is outside our bedroom and although it is about 8 feet away from the window the noise carries right into the bedroom. It is especially objectionable during the winter in the heat mode. I have had to wear ear plugs at night simply because of the noise from this unit. I have finally had enough and am going to replace it. Be sure and ask about noise levels before you buy.

Date created: 2010-05-26 Name: David

"Great product"
Unit has performed great! It was installed by a highly trained team of installers. My utility bills have gone way down. The warranties are the best in the business. Would recommend to family and friends.

Date created: 2010-05-21 Name: Growt

"Growit"
There has not been a year it has not been a problem. This year the txv has gone out. I have been waiting for 6 weeks to get a replacement part. AVOID AMANA at all costs.

Date created: 2010-05-10 Name: John Smith
Location: PA

"Heatpump disaster"
I am a licensed and insured HVAC contractor in Pa. I have 15 years of experience. I used to sell Amana. All I can say is make sure you register your unit online. Make sure you buy a labor warranty because these Amana heat pumps are plagued with problems. Amana likes to blame these problems on the installers. I braze w/ nitrogen, evacuated the system down 90 microns. I have had three units go down after only a year of operation. I have installed many systems in the past. Rheem had only 1 compressor failure. Buyer beware.

Date created: 2010-04-21 Name: Bud Robbins
Location: Texas

"Not what I expected"
I had a unit in my house about 10 years old and although still working, decided I should replace the unit about a year ago. So I had a 5 ton Amana heat pump installed. Big mistake! Sometimes in the summer, it can get up to and past 100 degrees here in Texas. The old unit would keep the house cool, but my new Amana unit would go up to 89 degrees. When I called the installer, they said that is the best you can expect to get from that unit! So, now in the hot summers, I guess I'll need to get some window units to keep it bearable in the house. The contactor in the outside unit has gone bad and caused the unit to stay on while I was on vacation. Great for the electric bill! I had bought other Amana products, but I will never buy anything else with the Amana name on it!

Date created: 2010-04-08 Name: Bob

"ASX14 Air Conditioner Buyer Beware"
In the last 11 months with this unit: Drainpad cracked 4 times and replaced 4 times leaking water in my house. Outside unit has been replaced twice due to blown compressor. Heater strips burnt out 2 times. You get what you pay for, a pos! I should have forked out the extra money and got a Carrier or a Trane unit.

Date created: 2010-04-07 Name: S. Euliss

"Our amana heat pump in rental apartment"
This heat pump has given us nothing but trouble over the past 3 years. The compressor keeps going out and it seems there is always issues with it.

Date created: 2010-03-08 Name: Mr. & Ms. Smith

"Our electric is to much"
We haven't even owned our unit a year and it's been trouble ever since. And our electric bill has doubled. We have had someone to come out and look at the electric and check the unit and they told us that it was pulling way too, too much electric! I wouldn't advise anyone to get one. It's been trouble from the beginning. Oh and I noticed it staying on auxilliary heat a lot. I paid upfront for this and I paid a lot of money for a lemon!