Consumer Reviews of AMANA heat pumps

Read more about AMANA heat pumps

Date created: 2010-12-24 Name: P. Murphy
Location: richmond, va

"Hig winter usage"
The first winter the unit worked to perfection. The seocnd and third winters the stip heat runs all the time and the installer can not find the solution. The set back thermostat was repalced but this did not help. The main control board was replaced but it still runs the strip heat. Should have got a Trane. Do not buy an Amana

Date created: 2010-12-15 Name: M. Tilley
Location: Richmond, VA

"Don't buy an AMANA heatpump"
I had an Amana unit installed spring of 2007. Each winter it has been using so much electricity, (between 3000 to 6000 kw hrs a month)that my electric bill is too high to even survive. Seven people have looked at it, and no one can figure out the problem. Some issues were found on the outside unit which the installer replaced, but no one can figure out why to heat 1200 sq ft to 68 degrees it should use insane amounts of energy. It is the worst $4700 purchase I have ever made and am looking at having to completely replace it after 3 winters because it is too expensive to run. That said, the summer electric bill is acceptable. I wish I had never ever purchased an Amana. Let me also say, the customer service dept is more worthless than the units. A better use of your money is to flush it down the toilet.

Date created: 2010-12-09 Name: Scott
Location: Greensboro NC

"Satisfied but read"
We have been an AMANA dealer for many years. In the 70s amana was cutting edge and pushed the envelope on thinking and efficiency. We also carry Trane and Carrier. I can tell you that the Quality of all of these are they same except one area, the gas furnaces. AMANA is the ONLY manufactor to use 100% stainless steal heat exchangers and if they EVER fail Amana will send you a complete new furnace. Trust me, ive installed them all. Buy amana for life or buy the others for @ 10 years becuase thats all youll get out of them.

Date created: 2010-11-16 Name: S Dunphy
Location: Malibu, CA

"2 ton heat pump, two separate units"
We've had our units for 18 years and both are still working wonderfully. During a heavy wind we had the fan catch on a tubing in the outside unit and it stopped. The technician came and unwound it. Only repair ever.

Date created: 2010-11-06 Name: Don Hamblin

"Fried"
We just started out second season with an Amana unit and the first time it "switched" over to gas heat all the electronics in both the furnace and the heatpump fried! There had been a high voltage wire pinched by a low voltage connector during assembly, and the high voltage wire finally burned through. Amana / Goodman is going to cover all costs for a full replacement heat pump, but I did have to spend one week with NO HEAT and a second with only gas. Not recommended due to poor QA during assembly.

Date created: 2010-09-19 Name: marc Woronoff
Location: marc1231965@optonline.net

"Very good"
Works great

Date created: 2010-09-02 Name: G. Brown
Location: Griffin, GA

"So Far So Good..."
We had a new 16 SEER Amana heat pump installed this past spring. It's now September following a VERY hot Georgia summer. We keep our house pretty cool and we've had no problems maintaining 70 degrees F daytime and 66 at night. Daytime Temps have been in the mid 90's most of the summer. So far we're pleased, though these other posts scare me about the future :/

Date created: 2010-08-07 Name: ED

"A/C TECH 30YRS"
Had this unit installed by a licensed amana dealer and was told I could get the 10 yr amana labor contract for 179.00 . they lied ,according to them its a paper work foul up,on amana s sales reps . side. according to amana home office this contract isn't available on this unit. if I had known this I would have used a different brand for half the price of 6,000. for a 5ton heat pump package unit.

Date created: 2010-07-07 Name: S. Johnson

"Junk!!!!"
Junk, Junk, Junk. Have spent two thousand dollars in repairs in 3 years. Nothing is ever under the 10 year warranty.

Date created: 2010-05-28 Name: E. Tunby

"Amana Heat Pump"
Although this Amana Heat Pump has been reliable, it is very noisy. It is outside our bedroom and although it is about 8 feet away from the window the noise carries right into the bedroom. It is especially objectionable during the winter in the heat mode. I have had to wear ear plugs at night simply because of the noise from this unit. I have finally had enough and am going to replace it. Be sure and ask about noise levels before you buy.