Consumer Reviews of AMANA heat pumps

Read more about AMANA heat pumps

Date created: 2011-08-08 Name: Sherrill Cook
Location: Ringgold, GA

"APH15M Heat Pump"
Heat pump leaking R-410A from installation and now condenser coil completely shut down in hottest day of summer. Goodman Mfg refuses to expedite shipping of needed parts unless customer pays. I am a senior citizen and I don't have the funds to do so. Extreme heat is effecting my health. I will never purchase Amana products again and will pass the word on how bad their products perform.

Date created: 2011-08-08 Name: Sherrill Cook
Location: Ringgold, GA

"Worthless piece of equipment"
This unit has constant repairs since installation in 2009. Unit completely down now hottest part of summer in Georgia. I'm told I can pay $150 to expedite needed parts. I'm held hostage. I'm a senior citizen and bought this unit highly recommended. I want it replaced at no charge - its a complete lemon.

Date created: 2011-04-28 Name: H. Smith
Location: Brandon,Fl

"Cool in Brandon"
I really like the cooling aspect of my unit,and it is also very efficient.My electricity bill went down noticeably since I had this unit installed.The only issue I have is the loud start up noise that occurs frequently. Once running it is very quiet. Also, when in heat mode you occasionally get additional noises.If for not the noise issues,I would give this Amana unit an "A" rating.

Date created: 2011-03-28 Location: Miami, FL

"A Good Heat Pump Can Be a Worthy Investment"
In the five years that I switched to a Amana Digismart heat pump, I have no regreted the money spent on this fine prouct that would ideally fit the budget of any homeowner who wants only the best for his home and would like to reduce his or hers utility bills. Since the installation of this new unit I have lost track of the savings I've made and the savings only continue to find their way into my wallet. Their is nothing really to say negative about this fine product and as far as replacement or repair goes. Nothing has been done to service the unit or rather repair it. If I had to I would deffinetly purchase the same brand again because of the great qualities associated with it. In short, this product would deffinetly get my recommendation if I were to recommend it to a friend and since my success with this unit several of my close friends have installed the same product and have had only good things to say.

Date created: 2011-03-17 Name: B. Saxton
Location: West Des Moines, IA

"Amana Dual Fuel"
I spent over $9,000 for the Amana Furnace and Air Conditioner Dual Fuel Unit with the 10 limited Warranty. I am very unhappy with the overall performance of this expensive unit. When the Heat pump turns on, it makes a terrible noise like a 'sick cow' or a 'groan' that can be heard inside the house. My neighbors make fun of it and say "how much did you pay for that"!!! Also, the heat pump is supposed to turn off and the furnace kick in below 26 degrees. Well, it doesn't!. It can kick on at 22 degrees, 16 degrees, etc. and blows out cool air when the furnace should be functioning. I have had the company out looking at it making a lot of promises to fix it - that is, when I constantly call them to come look at it. Doing it over, I would go with either a Lennox, Trane or some other brand.

Date created: 2011-02-19 Name: TMAC
Location: Tennessee

"LOVE IT !"
Replaced my 20 year old RUDD unit with a NEW 15 SEER, 2.5 Ton Combination Heat Pump/AC System and I LOVE IT! ~~~ Quite, Efficient, and now smiling at my monthly electic bill !

Date created: 2011-02-13 Name: moe
Location: Washington

"Heat pump Model VTH243B08AA"
There are 26 units in a new high end condo we live in, everyone, I mean everyone (underline twice) is dissatisfied with this units. The noise level is twice the DB as it is called for and this units are unable to heat a 1,600-1900 sq feet condo. Do not recommend this unit, do not waste your money buy an Amana brand.

Date created: 2011-02-10 Name: J. Rollings
Location: Quinton, VA

"Very happy with system"
Very happy with our Amana heat pump. Spent many hours on line reading about all the different systems available. One thing I learned was you can't take the reviews as a major guide line.Every brand has lots of bad reviews. I found that getting someone that knew what they were doing to install the system was a major factor. Check the company out with the BBB. The company that installed the new system was very knowledgable and also was the only company that checked the duct work (very important)to make sure it could handle the system. The Amana heatpump has done a great job keeping our home warm during the coldest December and January we have had in quite a few years. With temps in the teens and twenties the backup has not cut on once except during the defrost cycle. Our old system would have run off the backup most of the time. Don't pay extra money for a popular brand name.

Date created: 2011-02-07 Name: s.o.l
Location: Atlanta,ga

"Got what i paid for"
My old unit went out on christmas eve. So i was in a mad rush to do research and buy a new system for the tax credit. From chrismas eve until the 31st my oven was the main source of heat and it did not move my bill as much as this crap. I am looking for a solution to this nightmare if anyone has any suggestions please post.

Date created: 2011-02-04 Name: D. B. Brooks
Location: Atlanta, Ga

"High power bill"
Let's take them to court