Consumer Reviews of AMANA heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2014?

Read more about AMANA heat pumps

Date created: 2011-10-30 Name: T. Mac
Location: oven, AZ

"18 SEER review"
I just had a complete split system Amana ASZC180601 5 ton, 2 speed 18 seer communicating heat pump installed. With their large electrostatic air cleaner and the large uv sterilizing lamp. Bought the complete system (minus uv lamp) off E-bay, brand new shipped to my door for just over $5300. The uv lamp was an additional $500. I shopped around for a custom installer. A good one that was familiar with this system. Installation, setup and ductwork mods were an additional $3175. This is where 99% of people screw up. Take the time to find the right installer. And listen to him when he tells you that something isn't right (like the ductwork in my case). The right installer is rarely the cheapest installer. But this is definitely one service where you get what you pay for, and the last place you want to be penny wise and dollar foolish. I live in Arizona. Enough said about that. This is the third HVAC setup I have had on my home over the 28 years I've lived in it. I could not be happier. You can't hear it run at all, the outdoor compressor is very quiet and the north side of the house its covering has never been cooled so well. I have a second heat pump on the south side of my home, and I will be replacing it with the exact same Amana setup early next year.

Date created: 2011-10-23 Name: K. Smith
Location: Nazareth, PA

"Extremely Maintenance Intensive"
I've had this Amana Heat Pump RHF30A2A for 5 years now! I've replaced the indoor coils, compressor, txv valve, 2 reversing valves, fan motor, and fan blades!! $1000'S of dollars in labor cost!!! I will never purchase a product from Amana again!! Every internal part is made from China. The reversing valves are made in China and last about 2-3yrs before the synthetic piston seizes up! Extremely difficult to replace in the field! Amana is aware of this issue, but does nothing to address the problem!! Do not buy an Amana!!

Date created: 2011-08-24 Name: Ricky Martin
Location: Richardson, TX

"Best Energy Saver Ever"
After five years of owning this system it took one special person from my installer to correct one minor wiring problem that was driving my electric bills through the roof after it was installed. One pair of wires inside the air handler was not taped causing it to arch thus causing the emergency heat to kick on randomly. After he resolved this I am now seeing my energy savings and a really cold home here in this Texas heat wave. Thanks to "Ted at one hour a/c" he fixed what the original installers could not!

Date created: 2011-08-08 Name: Sherrill Cook
Location: Ringgold, GA

"APH15M Heat Pump"
Heat pump leaking R-410A from installation and now condenser coil completely shut down in hottest day of summer. Goodman Mfg refuses to expedite shipping of needed parts unless customer pays. I am a senior citizen and I don't have the funds to do so. Extreme heat is effecting my health. I will never purchase Amana products again and will pass the word on how bad their products perform.

Date created: 2011-08-08 Name: Sherrill Cook
Location: Ringgold, GA

"Worthless piece of equipment"
This unit has constant repairs since installation in 2009. Unit completely down now hottest part of summer in Georgia. I'm told I can pay $150 to expedite needed parts. I'm held hostage. I'm a senior citizen and bought this unit highly recommended. I want it replaced at no charge - its a complete lemon.

Date created: 2011-04-28 Name: H. Smith
Location: Brandon,Fl

"Cool in Brandon"
I really like the cooling aspect of my unit,and it is also very efficient.My electricity bill went down noticeably since I had this unit installed.The only issue I have is the loud start up noise that occurs frequently. Once running it is very quiet. Also, when in heat mode you occasionally get additional noises.If for not the noise issues,I would give this Amana unit an "A" rating.

Date created: 2011-03-28 Location: Miami, FL

"A Good Heat Pump Can Be a Worthy Investment"
In the five years that I switched to a Amana Digismart heat pump, I have no regreted the money spent on this fine prouct that would ideally fit the budget of any homeowner who wants only the best for his home and would like to reduce his or hers utility bills. Since the installation of this new unit I have lost track of the savings I've made and the savings only continue to find their way into my wallet. Their is nothing really to say negative about this fine product and as far as replacement or repair goes. Nothing has been done to service the unit or rather repair it. If I had to I would deffinetly purchase the same brand again because of the great qualities associated with it. In short, this product would deffinetly get my recommendation if I were to recommend it to a friend and since my success with this unit several of my close friends have installed the same product and have had only good things to say.

Date created: 2011-03-17 Name: B. Saxton
Location: West Des Moines, IA

"Amana Dual Fuel"
I spent over $9,000 for the Amana Furnace and Air Conditioner Dual Fuel Unit with the 10 limited Warranty. I am very unhappy with the overall performance of this expensive unit. When the Heat pump turns on, it makes a terrible noise like a 'sick cow' or a 'groan' that can be heard inside the house. My neighbors make fun of it and say "how much did you pay for that"!!! Also, the heat pump is supposed to turn off and the furnace kick in below 26 degrees. Well, it doesn't!. It can kick on at 22 degrees, 16 degrees, etc. and blows out cool air when the furnace should be functioning. I have had the company out looking at it making a lot of promises to fix it - that is, when I constantly call them to come look at it. Doing it over, I would go with either a Lennox, Trane or some other brand.

Date created: 2011-02-19 Name: TMAC
Location: Tennessee

"LOVE IT !"
Replaced my 20 year old RUDD unit with a NEW 15 SEER, 2.5 Ton Combination Heat Pump/AC System and I LOVE IT! ~~~ Quite, Efficient, and now smiling at my monthly electic bill !

Date created: 2011-02-13 Name: moe
Location: Washington

"Heat pump Model VTH243B08AA"
There are 26 units in a new high end condo we live in, everyone, I mean everyone (underline twice) is dissatisfied with this units. The noise level is twice the DB as it is called for and this units are unable to heat a 1,600-1900 sq feet condo. Do not recommend this unit, do not waste your money buy an Amana brand.