Consumer Reviews of AMANA heat pumps

Read more about AMANA heat pumps

Date created: 2014-05-20 Name: GLORIA April
Location: Saint Augustine, FL

"DO NOT BUY AN AMANA/GOODMAN"
Nothing but problems since installation. First, it kept tripping breakers. Then the motor went out and took over a week to get it replaced. We live in Florida and it was over 90 deg in the house -- no relief had to go to hotel. I have asthma and sister has cancer and is on oxygen. Not anyone's problem. They told me I should have known this was a problem ac. Yeah right. Motor out again within 3 months -- it took another week for the replacement. Amana is a piece of crap. Stay away from Amana.

Date created: 2014-01-07 Name: Lois
Location: VA

"Worthless Junk"
I inherited this piece of junk when I moved into my home two years ago. Thank goodness it is still under its last year of warranty. I have made at least 10 service calls within two years to United Air Temps. The compressor and coils had to be replaced and this was determined after 6 visits within four months. After this replacement, the system went out again within two months. Repair Tech said it was the reversing valve. The manager came to my house with a whistle and a smile three weeks later, after I waited for the part that did not show up, and said it was not the valve. Itís amazing he knew this without even checking. How brilliant of him. The situation was never resolved after complaints to bbb, useless. I refuse to live in the cold during winter time. I am replacing this unit but not with Amana and I will never call United Air Temp for service.

Date created: 2013-12-04 Name: E Priester
Location: Minn

"What's This"
Way too noisy! When the unit runs outside, it is very noisy. My neighbors have another brand without any noise. They don't even hear it with old windows, mine are brand new Marvin'S. Very disappointed in this furnace/AC. The engineers who design this need to have them by their homes.

Date created: 2013-10-23 Name: Sandi
Location: Ma.

"Questions"
I'm heating a sunroom with the Amana 15,000-17,000 btu heat pump. I live in the cold country of Massachusetts. In the summer, the air conditioner works great but in the winter, the heating bill is $350.00 per month just for a 12x24 feet room. The room has the best insulation possible. Why would the difference be so much. The air conditioner runs most of the summer and is great, but I can't afford to heat it in the winter month. Any suggestions?

Date created: 2013-08-07 Name: Mike
Location: Carrollton

"Don't Buy This Product"
Nothing but problems since it was installed brand new in a house built in 2006. Capacitors, system boards, etc, etc. This is the only HVAC unit that I've had tons of problems. Even changing the filter is a major stress point. Poorly designed, poorly built. I'd rather have a Trane than an Amana and that's pretty bad.

Date created: 2013-06-07 Name: Yvonne Looney
Location: Knoxville, TN

"Retired"
Stay away from this brand, we had an Amana heat pump installed in 2012. Worked great first year, then compressor went out. The unit is not yet paid in full and has cost us $1000.00 out of pocket because apparently nothing is covered under warranty. They have you over a barrel either you let them fix it and pay and hope you get your money back or not let them fix it and suffer, either way you suffer the consequences. Stay away from Amana.

Date created: 2013-05-09 Name: R. Workman

"Amana Poor Quality"
I purchased two units in 2005 and I've had to have at least one of them repaired every year since. The repairman states that there are known defects in the "a" coil causing a complete failure and Amana will only warranty the failed part and not the loss of the freon, or freight, or service charge etc. Would not buy again. You have been warned!

Date created: 2013-04-12 Name: C.G.
Location: Florida

"AMANA 15 SEER"
We had an Amana 15 SEER Heat Pump system installed in our home in 2010 and I warn everyone not to buy this system. It has been almost 3 years and we've had to call out a technician 3 times. This last time we had called because it was not blowing any cold air. We were told that the Freon was depleted and there was a leak in the coil. The coil replacement is covered under warranty but we have to pay approximately $400 for labor. Extremely displeased. The whole point in getting the "energy efficient" model was to save MONEY....not to spend more and more money. This just seems like a scam if you ask me. We paid $5,700 up front for this thing and now we have to pay hundreds of dollars here and there for things to go right.

Date created: 2013-02-01 Name: R. Dayvault
Location: Concord,NC

"It has finally died!"
I purchased the product 7/12/90. It has run every year with minimal maintenance but yearly check-ups as advised and has never let me down till now 23 years later. I wish everything I had bought lasted that long. I am currently looking and will probably buy another Amana/Goodman unit unless hell freezes over. If you don't like the equipment, there is no one to blame but yourself for picking a crappy installer. All the guts are made the same little Chinese lady in Taiwan, get over it. Call her and complain and she doesn't care either.

Date created: 2012-11-02 Name: D. English
Location: Charlotte

"Extremely Unhappy"
Extremely Unhappy We purchased a new Amana heat-pump and are so disappointed. My husband refers to it as the leaf blower that just went on. It is so very, very loud. It also is on constantly so we have our TV and radios extremely loud to hear anything and forget about talking on the phone when it clicks on. Sleep? What is sleep, if you plan to purchase one of these be prepared to be awake all night. I just turn it off and get extra blankets. Extremely unhappy and tired.