Consumer Reviews of AMANA heat pumps

Read more about AMANA heat pumps

Date created: 2013-12-04 Name: E Priester
Location: Minn

"What's This"
Way too noisy! When the unit runs outside, it is very noisy. My neighbors have another brand without any noise. They don't even hear it with old windows, mine are brand new Marvin'S. Very disappointed in this furnace/AC. The engineers who design this need to have them by their homes.

Date created: 2013-10-23 Name: Sandi
Location: Ma.

"Questions"
I'm heating a sunroom with the Amana 15,000-17,000 btu heat pump. I live in the cold country of Massachusetts. In the summer, the air conditioner works great but in the winter, the heating bill is $350.00 per month just for a 12x24 feet room. The room has the best insulation possible. Why would the difference be so much. The air conditioner runs most of the summer and is great, but I can't afford to heat it in the winter month. Any suggestions?

Date created: 2013-08-07 Name: Mike
Location: Carrollton

"Don't Buy This Product"
Nothing but problems since it was installed brand new in a house built in 2006. Capacitors, system boards, etc, etc. This is the only HVAC unit that I've had tons of problems. Even changing the filter is a major stress point. Poorly designed, poorly built. I'd rather have a Trane than an Amana and that's pretty bad.

Date created: 2013-06-07 Name: Yvonne Looney
Location: Knoxville, TN

"Retired"
Stay away from this brand, we had an Amana heat pump installed in 2012. Worked great first year, then compressor went out. The unit is not yet paid in full and has cost us $1000.00 out of pocket because apparently nothing is covered under warranty. They have you over a barrel either you let them fix it and pay and hope you get your money back or not let them fix it and suffer, either way you suffer the consequences. Stay away from Amana.

Date created: 2013-05-09 Name: R. Workman

"Amana Poor Quality"
I purchased two units in 2005 and I've had to have at least one of them repaired every year since. The repairman states that there are known defects in the "a" coil causing a complete failure and Amana will only warranty the failed part and not the loss of the freon, or freight, or service charge etc. Would not buy again. You have been warned!

Date created: 2013-04-12 Name: C.G.
Location: Florida

"AMANA 15 SEER"
We had an Amana 15 SEER Heat Pump system installed in our home in 2010 and I warn everyone not to buy this system. It has been almost 3 years and we've had to call out a technician 3 times. This last time we had called because it was not blowing any cold air. We were told that the Freon was depleted and there was a leak in the coil. The coil replacement is covered under warranty but we have to pay approximately $400 for labor. Extremely displeased. The whole point in getting the "energy efficient" model was to save MONEY....not to spend more and more money. This just seems like a scam if you ask me. We paid $5,700 up front for this thing and now we have to pay hundreds of dollars here and there for things to go right.

Date created: 2013-02-01 Name: R. Dayvault
Location: Concord,NC

"It has finally died!"
I purchased the product 7/12/90. It has run every year with minimal maintenance but yearly check-ups as advised and has never let me down till now 23 years later. I wish everything I had bought lasted that long. I am currently looking and will probably buy another Amana/Goodman unit unless hell freezes over. If you don't like the equipment, there is no one to blame but yourself for picking a crappy installer. All the guts are made the same little Chinese lady in Taiwan, get over it. Call her and complain and she doesn't care either.

Date created: 2012-11-02 Name: D. English
Location: Charlotte

"Extremely Unhappy"
Extremely Unhappy We purchased a new Amana heat-pump and are so disappointed. My husband refers to it as the leaf blower that just went on. It is so very, very loud. It also is on constantly so we have our TV and radios extremely loud to hear anything and forget about talking on the phone when it clicks on. Sleep? What is sleep, if you plan to purchase one of these be prepared to be awake all night. I just turn it off and get extra blankets. Extremely unhappy and tired.

Date created: 2012-10-24 Name: B. burk
Location: Cumming. Ga.

"Low Quality"
Unit is only two years old and the coil is leaking and needs to be replaced. Been quoted $400.00 just for labor to replace. Probably 100.00 more for freon.

Date created: 2012-07-23 Name: R. Jones
Location: Lakeland Florida

"Heat pump"
Installed new heat pump when I bought a brand new mobile home for my retired mother. 4 yrs later the evaporator coil had to be replaced due to a leak. Now two yrs later the same problem has occured again. This time the part is under warranty, but the labor involved to replace it after only 2 yrs is $550. This unit would better serve as a boat anchor than a cooling unit.