Consumer Reviews of AMANA heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about AMANA heat pumps

Date created: 2008-10-28 Name: R. Ball
Location: Tacoma, WA

"No problems in 28 years"
I have a amana system that is over 28 years old and no problems at all. I just have it cleaned and checked every year.

Date created: 2008-10-28 Name: Mike Keller
Location: Olympia, WA

"I love it"
I love it, it is so quiet compared to our carrier in my last house. I also love the 99 year warranty.

Date created: 2008-10-25 Name: Wm Lieske
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

"AMA Heat Pump"
We have had our Mana heatpump replaced 3 times in the years that we had our home built. Compressor died twice-unit replaced. now unit keeps cycling on/off- sorry we invested in it.

Date created: 2008-10-06 Name: Steve Sparks
Location: Rochester, WA

"Longtime Amana user"
I replaced my 18 year old Amana Heat Pump with a new Higher Efficiency Amana Heat Pump. The new ones come with a lifetime warranty. It is very quiet and my neighbors are envious!

Date created: 2008-09-15 Name: Julie Willits
Location: Central Oregon

"Amana was the best value..."
We had a new Amana heat pump installed in our home to replace our 8 year old Trane system. The Trane always had problems and the repairs haven't been cheap, to say the least. Since we have had the Amana it is quieter, our bills are lower and it always works well. Also the contractor that installed it did all of the calculations to make sure it was a good fit for our home. I would strongly recommend Amana heat pumps. When we got our bids, the Amana wasn't the lowest price or the highest price but it is definitely the best value!!

Date created: 2008-09-01 Name: Chuck Rogers
Location: Shelby, NC

"AMANA, Still Running..."
My parents built their house and installed an Amana 3.5 ton heat pump in 1980. Yes, folks that's 28 years their heat pump has ran with little or no trouble. Just recently the drip pan for the evaporator has started leaking and can be repaired by me a very little cost. They wanted to replace the unit, but given the fact that they have had this unit as long as they have, I want to see just how long it will last. I bet there is nothing made to date, by any manufacture that would ever last 28+ years.

Date created: 2008-09-01 Name: Tony B
Location: Philadelphia, PA

"Works well so far"
I have installed Amana heat pump last spring, so I had it for a little under year and a half. Two cooling seasons and no problems and saved a lot over the heating season (over electric heat) I think that a lot depends on the quality installation (properly sized unit and adequate ductwork) and then just basic maintenance (changing air filter every three month, keeping the condenser and area around it clean)

Date created: 2008-08-23 Name: Lee Worsing
Location: Portland, OR

"Great Warranty"
I bought a new Amana 16 seer heat pump 3 years ago and the compressor went bad. ( I never changed my filter in 3 years) When the heat pump tech told me that my compressor was bad, I thought I was in big trouble, when I asked what the new compressor was going to cost me and how long it would take. He smiled and said, it would cost nothing and he returned the next day with a new heat pump. The Amana heat pumps have a forever warranty, if the compressor ever goes bad, they replace the whole unit for free. I found out later I was lucky, by not changing my own filter for 3 years, that made it out of warranty. ;)

Date created: 2008-08-23 Name: R. Allen
Location: Seattle, WA

"No problems"
My house has 3 heat pump systems. a 4 year old Trane, a 3 year old Carrier and a 5 year old Amana. Both my Trane and Carrier have had bad control boards and the Carrier had a bad motor. The Amana have had no problems. My Amana also came with a 10 year warranty.

Date created: 2008-08-16 Name: Bryan Fullerton
Location: Vancouver, WA

"Amana is supposed to be good?"
I run a preschool out of my home so I need a heat pump that works when its 101 degrees outside. I replaced our huge old Lennox that worked fine for 10 years with a same tonnage but smaller Amana. This Amana didnít work well from the start. Finally figured out the expansion valve was bad. I had the local one hour heating shop the recommended and installed the unit replace the old valve and it finally has worked like its supposed to for about 1 year. Now it looks like the pump/motor is seized up. I canít wait to see what this will cost. Oh and it did have a bad circuit board replaced as well.