Consumer Reviews of AMANA heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about AMANA heat pumps

Date created: 2008-11-25 Name: D. Kinser
Location: Knoxville, TN

"Never again!!"
We just bought our Amana 18 seer heat pump less than 4 weeks ago and have already had 4 service calls! The Unit freezes up, then just recirculates the air continually (will not defrost). Our repairman has replaced the circuit board, then the last time brought out an Amana rep who "recalibrated" the freon pump?? Lasted 1 week, then same result...We are demanding a new heat pump today!! I would definitely not recommend this system. What good is a warranty if you have to have weekly service calls??

Date created: 2008-11-20 Name: Richard P.
Location: Atlanta, GA

"Owner"
We have 4 Amana Heat pump units for 17 years and have not had one problem with the outdoor units. One indoor unit had to be replaced because of corrosion. It wasn in the crawel space with a lot of moisture. Like any equipment, it has to be designed properly and installed correctly. If you have high moisture conditions, you are going to have indoor coils/air handlers go bad, no matter the manufacturer. Most of these problems sound like design and or installation problems. My dad was in the ac business for 50 years and I have seen a lot of poor installations that we had to redesign and install new equipment.
Date created: 2008-10-28 Name: R. Ball
Location: Tacoma, WA

"No problems in 28 years"
I have a amana system that is over 28 years old and no problems at all. I just have it cleaned and checked every year.
Date created: 2008-10-28 Name: Mike Keller
Location: Olympia, WA

"I love it"
I love it, it is so quiet compared to our carrier in my last house. I also love the 99 year warranty.
Date created: 2008-10-25 Name: Wm Lieske
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

"AMA Heat Pump"
We have had our Mana heatpump replaced 3 times in the years that we had our home built. Compressor died twice-unit replaced. now unit keeps cycling on/off- sorry we invested in it.
Date created: 2008-10-06 Name: Steve Sparks
Location: Rochester, WA

"Longtime Amana user"
I replaced my 18 year old Amana Heat Pump with a new Higher Efficiency Amana Heat Pump. The new ones come with a lifetime warranty. It is very quiet and my neighbors are envious!
Date created: 2008-09-15 Name: Julie Willits
Location: Central Oregon

"Amana was the best value..."
We had a new Amana heat pump installed in our home to replace our 8 year old Trane system. The Trane always had problems and the repairs haven't been cheap, to say the least. Since we have had the Amana it is quieter, our bills are lower and it always works well. Also the contractor that installed it did all of the calculations to make sure it was a good fit for our home. I would strongly recommend Amana heat pumps. When we got our bids, the Amana wasn't the lowest price or the highest price but it is definitely the best value!!
Date created: 2008-09-01 Name: Chuck Rogers
Location: Shelby, NC

"AMANA, Still Running..."
My parents built their house and installed an Amana 3.5 ton heat pump in 1980. Yes, folks that's 28 years their heat pump has ran with little or no trouble. Just recently the drip pan for the evaporator has started leaking and can be repaired by me a very little cost. They wanted to replace the unit, but given the fact that they have had this unit as long as they have, I want to see just how long it will last. I bet there is nothing made to date, by any manufacture that would ever last 28+ years.
Date created: 2008-09-01 Name: Tony B
Location: Philadelphia, PA

"Works well so far"
I have installed Amana heat pump last spring, so I had it for a little under year and a half. Two cooling seasons and no problems and saved a lot over the heating season (over electric heat) I think that a lot depends on the quality installation (properly sized unit and adequate ductwork) and then just basic maintenance (changing air filter every three month, keeping the condenser and area around it clean)
Date created: 2008-08-23 Name: Lee Worsing
Location: Portland, OR

"Great Warranty"
I bought a new Amana 16 seer heat pump 3 years ago and the compressor went bad. ( I never changed my filter in 3 years) When the heat pump tech told me that my compressor was bad, I thought I was in big trouble, when I asked what the new compressor was going to cost me and how long it would take. He smiled and said, it would cost nothing and he returned the next day with a new heat pump. The Amana heat pumps have a forever warranty, if the compressor ever goes bad, they replace the whole unit for free. I found out later I was lucky, by not changing my own filter for 3 years, that made it out of warranty. ;)