Consumer Reviews of AMANA heat pumps

Read more about AMANA heat pumps

Date created: 2008-09-01 Name: Tony B
Location: Philadelphia, PA

"Works well so far"
I have installed Amana heat pump last spring, so I had it for a little under year and a half. Two cooling seasons and no problems and saved a lot over the heating season (over electric heat) I think that a lot depends on the quality installation (properly sized unit and adequate ductwork) and then just basic maintenance (changing air filter every three month, keeping the condenser and area around it clean)

Date created: 2008-08-23 Name: Lee Worsing
Location: Portland, OR

"Great Warranty"
I bought a new Amana 16 seer heat pump 3 years ago and the compressor went bad. ( I never changed my filter in 3 years) When the heat pump tech told me that my compressor was bad, I thought I was in big trouble, when I asked what the new compressor was going to cost me and how long it would take. He smiled and said, it would cost nothing and he returned the next day with a new heat pump. The Amana heat pumps have a forever warranty, if the compressor ever goes bad, they replace the whole unit for free. I found out later I was lucky, by not changing my own filter for 3 years, that made it out of warranty. ;)

Date created: 2008-08-23 Name: R. Allen
Location: Seattle, WA

"No problems"
My house has 3 heat pump systems. a 4 year old Trane, a 3 year old Carrier and a 5 year old Amana. Both my Trane and Carrier have had bad control boards and the Carrier had a bad motor. The Amana have had no problems. My Amana also came with a 10 year warranty.

Date created: 2008-08-16 Name: Bryan Fullerton
Location: Vancouver, WA

"Amana is supposed to be good?"
I run a preschool out of my home so I need a heat pump that works when its 101 degrees outside. I replaced our huge old Lennox that worked fine for 10 years with a same tonnage but smaller Amana. This Amana didnít work well from the start. Finally figured out the expansion valve was bad. I had the local one hour heating shop the recommended and installed the unit replace the old valve and it finally has worked like its supposed to for about 1 year. Now it looks like the pump/motor is seized up. I canít wait to see what this will cost. Oh and it did have a bad circuit board replaced as well.

Date created: 2008-08-05 Name: David Filges
Location: New Kent, VA

"Amana junk pumps"
I have two of these Amana heat pumps installed by the contractor. In 7 years, the upstairs unit has had two evaporator coils and an outside fan motor replaced at a cost of about $2,000. The downstairs unit has had an outside fan motor and evaporator drip tray replaced at a cost of about $750. These units are nothing but trouble, I would never buy one again.

Date created: 2008-08-04 Name: Plank
Location: Allentown, PA

"LOVE IT"
I love this thing I have not had any problem like the reviews in here. I think quality of the install has everything to do with it

Date created: 2008-07-21 Name: R Eddings
Location: Olympia, WA

"I love it"
I bought a 16 seer 3 Ton Heat Pump, It runs great, It has saved me a ton of money over the gas furnace I had before.

Date created: 2008-05-18 Name: C. Stephens
Location: Hampton, VA

We have the whole, heat pump/air unit. It works very well - - when it works. We have had 6 service calls in less than two years. Now at least once every 6 - 8 weeks we have to shut the system down and restart so it will cool or heat rather than just circulate air. We have not seen the energy savings promised. We expected a lot more for a system that cost nearly $10,000. (Yeah, we really feel like we were ripped off - big time)!

Date created: 2008-04-29 Name: Donna
Location: Ironton, OH

We built our home and had 2 Amana units installed. One for up and one for down. The downstairs unit has been fine. But it does not run as much as the upstairs unit, we have gas logs downstairs, and in the summer it is partly underground, so it stays pretty cool w/o running the ac unit. For the past 5 years, every season, we have had to have our Amana unit upstairs worked on. We've had coils replaced, condensers, & the compressor. Now it is completely down again (new season), and here we are w/o A.C. yet again. We have to have the whole system replaced, and of course there is no warranty left. Don't buy this system!

Date created: 2008-03-21 Name: Frank Winchester
Location: Franklin, Tennessee

I've read the other reviews. I don't have enough space but let me tell you their warranty is bull. I won't say I could buy a Trane with what I have spent on warranty but I sure could have bought the top of the line Trane and had money left over if I would not have spent the money on this. What junk. Should have listened to my cousin but I was too cheap. If anything else goes wrong I am going to have to change it out !!!!