Consumer Reviews of AMANA heat pumps

Read more about AMANA heat pumps

Date created: 2009-02-21 Name: Gary Edwards
Location: Yelm, WA

"Great Warranty"
We have a 16 seer Amana heat pump installed about a 1 1/2 years ago and the compressor when out. I was very mad a first but then the repair guy said that we get a whole new unit. Amana has a lifetime warranty on the compressor, if it ever goes out, Amana replaces the whole heat pump for free. Later we found the problem was my son was using the heat pump fan to dry off his blanket, but I never told the repair guy this.:)

Date created: 2009-01-07 Name: J. David
Location: Florence, SC

"Homeowner"
My 1976 Amana finally gave up the ghost. I have the original installations papers. I've used the unit for 18yrs. myself and had very few problems. I have slightly less that a $1000.00 in repairs over that time period. Even with an approximate seer rate of 7 my averaging utility bill has been $155 a month with year end adjustments usually going in my favor. This 4 ton unit heated and cooled a story and half of 2300sq ft. Wish I could get a duplicate unit.

Date created: 2008-12-24 Name: C, Aiello
Location: Portland, OR

"No problems"
I had a amana heat pump installed 2 years ago and and I have had no problems at all with it. My last heat pump had to be replaced only after 4 years, I found out that the problem was that the copper lines from the heat pump to the furnace was to small.

Date created: 2008-11-25 Name: D. Kinser
Location: Knoxville, TN

"Never again!!"
We just bought our Amana 18 seer heat pump less than 4 weeks ago and have already had 4 service calls! The Unit freezes up, then just recirculates the air continually (will not defrost). Our repairman has replaced the circuit board, then the last time brought out an Amana rep who "recalibrated" the freon pump?? Lasted 1 week, then same result...We are demanding a new heat pump today!! I would definitely not recommend this system. What good is a warranty if you have to have weekly service calls??

Date created: 2008-11-20 Name: Richard P.
Location: Atlanta, GA

"Owner"
We have 4 Amana Heat pump units for 17 years and have not had one problem with the outdoor units. One indoor unit had to be replaced because of corrosion. It wasn in the crawel space with a lot of moisture. Like any equipment, it has to be designed properly and installed correctly. If you have high moisture conditions, you are going to have indoor coils/air handlers go bad, no matter the manufacturer. Most of these problems sound like design and or installation problems. My dad was in the ac business for 50 years and I have seen a lot of poor installations that we had to redesign and install new equipment.

Date created: 2008-10-28 Name: R. Ball
Location: Tacoma, WA

"No problems in 28 years"
I have a amana system that is over 28 years old and no problems at all. I just have it cleaned and checked every year.

Date created: 2008-10-28 Name: Mike Keller
Location: Olympia, WA

"I love it"
I love it, it is so quiet compared to our carrier in my last house. I also love the 99 year warranty.

Date created: 2008-10-25 Name: Wm Lieske
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

"AMA Heat Pump"
We have had our Mana heatpump replaced 3 times in the years that we had our home built. Compressor died twice-unit replaced. now unit keeps cycling on/off- sorry we invested in it.

Date created: 2008-10-06 Name: Steve Sparks
Location: Rochester, WA

"Longtime Amana user"
I replaced my 18 year old Amana Heat Pump with a new Higher Efficiency Amana Heat Pump. The new ones come with a lifetime warranty. It is very quiet and my neighbors are envious!

Date created: 2008-09-15 Name: Julie Willits
Location: Central Oregon

"Amana was the best value..."
We had a new Amana heat pump installed in our home to replace our 8 year old Trane system. The Trane always had problems and the repairs haven't been cheap, to say the least. Since we have had the Amana it is quieter, our bills are lower and it always works well. Also the contractor that installed it did all of the calculations to make sure it was a good fit for our home. I would strongly recommend Amana heat pumps. When we got our bids, the Amana wasn't the lowest price or the highest price but it is definitely the best value!!