Consumer Reviews of AMANA heat pumps

Read more about AMANA heat pumps

Date created: 2009-05-04 Name: jamie
Location: Montreal

"AMANA HEAT PUMP PROBLEMS"
Bought this unit new in the box. Found a nice installer who semed to know what he was doing. One winter passed. 2 Winters passed. I Live in montreal, so we have cold cold and humit hots. this spring I noticed the furnace would run indefinately and not hot oir cold air, jsut air coming from vents. I called repairman who opened up the heat pump. Loa nd behold, vibrations caused teh electric cables inside that control compressor to chafe against a copper pipe. THis caused the pipe to make a hole, leaking out all the refrigerant r410a. This costed 35$ a pound * 14 pounds refrigerant. service fee over 650$. Go with Name brand equipment with name brand reseller. Do not save 50$ to spend 700 later. Go with old refrigerant, not R410A (very expensive).

Date created: 2009-04-25 Name: AMANA

"Amana"
This second year of my Amana heating pump it started freezing and had to call the repair man many times, it cost me around 500 with no success , this winter it had trouble heating , we were always freezing at home. It had lost coolant as I was told. Nothing was covered with the warranty . I have a Warranty of 5 years but it seems it is a joke. This spring it stopped compeletely , I dont know what to do anymore, it is a hopeless machine! I never had such an abnormal experience with any product than Amana!

Date created: 2009-04-05 Name: AMANA

"Works fine"
My new amana heat pump cut my heating bills! My old carrier heat pump never really worked well.

Date created: 2009-03-23 Name: AMANA

"Long Life"
I bought heat pump new in 1987, Had the four way valve go bad the first year, changed out for free. Comp just went out on the unit so I am looking for another hp. Looks like a Amana is coming my way again.

Date created: 2009-03-20 Name: AMANA

"Base model unit"
That is the base model unit, but it has a 10 year warranty. The contractor ripped you off.

Date created: 2009-03-20 Name: AMANA

"R. Dayvault"
I purchased this unit to replace a unit installed at the time the house was built that was supposed to cool a trailer. In the 17 years I've had it the only problem I've had was a new fan motor. It's not as quite as I would like but it's below my bedroom window and I can hardly hear it running and if your in any other part of the house you can't hear it at all. I hope that Goodman continues with Amana's quality since they purchased the name.

Date created: 2009-03-15 Name: WILLIAM G COCHRAN
Location: Rossville, Georgia

"William G Cochran"
Brought a 4 tom Amana heat pump model gph1348m21 on 3/13/2007. first year it did great. second year had trouble heating and cooling. had repair man come out and check it and it had a leak in coil. it had lost 7 lbs coolant. it was less than two years old and nothing was covered under warranty, or so I was told. it cost me $400.00 to put in stop leak and charge it up. warranty is no good on amana products. will never buy another amana product. repaired on 3/9/2009

Date created: 2009-03-14 Name: Rob Keller
Location: Tumwater, WA

"Problem Free"
I believe unit was installed when house was built in 1989. Never has required any service work in 20 years of ownership. Filters are changed regularly and condensor coil washed once each year. I am considering replacing indoor and outdoor unit because it is 25 years old. I think I must have the best (reliable) heat pump ever made.

Date created: 2009-03-11 Name: Larry
Location: Fife, WA

"Nice"
We purchased the 18 seer Amana heat pump and we love it. When it said that cooling cost would reduce by 50%, they were right! During the heating season, to my surprise the heat pump delivered a very comfortable heat. Below 30 degrees, my new Amana variable speed furnace kicks in and does a wonderful job and saves me money! Buy it, you won't regret it!

Date created: 2009-03-10 Name: Michael Latner
Location: Shelton, WA

"Highest quality"
My Amana hybrid heat pump system has worked great from day one. I've had it for four years now and it has saved me a ton of money on my heating bills. My wife says it reduces dusting. It is very quiet.