Consumer Reviews of AMANA heat pumps

Read more about AMANA heat pumps

Date created: 2009-04-25 Name: AMANA

"Amana"
This second year of my Amana heating pump it started freezing and had to call the repair man many times, it cost me around 500 with no success , this winter it had trouble heating , we were always freezing at home. It had lost coolant as I was told. Nothing was covered with the warranty . I have a Warranty of 5 years but it seems it is a joke. This spring it stopped compeletely , I dont know what to do anymore, it is a hopeless machine! I never had such an abnormal experience with any product than Amana!

Date created: 2009-04-05 Name: AMANA

"Works fine"
My new amana heat pump cut my heating bills! My old carrier heat pump never really worked well.

Date created: 2009-03-23 Name: AMANA

"Long Life"
I bought heat pump new in 1987, Had the four way valve go bad the first year, changed out for free. Comp just went out on the unit so I am looking for another hp. Looks like a Amana is coming my way again.

Date created: 2009-03-20 Name: AMANA

"Base model unit"
That is the base model unit, but it has a 10 year warranty. The contractor ripped you off.

Date created: 2009-03-20 Name: AMANA

"R. Dayvault"
I purchased this unit to replace a unit installed at the time the house was built that was supposed to cool a trailer. In the 17 years I've had it the only problem I've had was a new fan motor. It's not as quite as I would like but it's below my bedroom window and I can hardly hear it running and if your in any other part of the house you can't hear it at all. I hope that Goodman continues with Amana's quality since they purchased the name.

Date created: 2009-03-15 Name: WILLIAM G COCHRAN
Location: Rossville, Georgia

"William G Cochran"
Brought a 4 tom Amana heat pump model gph1348m21 on 3/13/2007. first year it did great. second year had trouble heating and cooling. had repair man come out and check it and it had a leak in coil. it had lost 7 lbs coolant. it was less than two years old and nothing was covered under warranty, or so I was told. it cost me $400.00 to put in stop leak and charge it up. warranty is no good on amana products. will never buy another amana product. repaired on 3/9/2009

Date created: 2009-03-14 Name: Rob Keller
Location: Tumwater, WA

"Problem Free"
I believe unit was installed when house was built in 1989. Never has required any service work in 20 years of ownership. Filters are changed regularly and condensor coil washed once each year. I am considering replacing indoor and outdoor unit because it is 25 years old. I think I must have the best (reliable) heat pump ever made.

Date created: 2009-03-11 Name: Larry
Location: Fife, WA

"Nice"
We purchased the 18 seer Amana heat pump and we love it. When it said that cooling cost would reduce by 50%, they were right! During the heating season, to my surprise the heat pump delivered a very comfortable heat. Below 30 degrees, my new Amana variable speed furnace kicks in and does a wonderful job and saves me money! Buy it, you won't regret it!

Date created: 2009-03-10 Name: Michael Latner
Location: Shelton, WA

"Highest quality"
My Amana hybrid heat pump system has worked great from day one. I've had it for four years now and it has saved me a ton of money on my heating bills. My wife says it reduces dusting. It is very quiet.

Date created: 2009-02-26 Name: RJ Smith
Location: Edgewater, MD

"18 seers of trouble"
This could be long in blather. I had my Amana 18 seer condensor unit model asz 180361a serial #0802048763, and Amana evaporator model aepf 303616 serial #0801652202 installed March 20, 2008. It is now Feb 26, 2009 and I am on my #3 condensor unit which was installed 2/2/09. The first two units had a problem with the condensor fan not revolving while in the heat or cool cycle for hours at a time. It was also loud enough to hear at night from a distance of 100 yards. When changing from heat cycle to defrost cycle the compressor would grind or hum for 20 seconds (like a telephone pole transformer sounds) which one could hear from more than the normal 100 yards distance. The Amana representative came to my home (Jan 09) and confirmed that I needed a new condensor unit (condensor unit #3, Amana model asz 180361, serial #0810209037) as due to the inoperative condensor fan not revolving in either heat or cool operation. ***note: he told me that "Amana had over 100,000 units built with a bad circut board or computer "in the fan motor". He ordered a new condensor unit from the factory as to get the most recent and up to date unit which has this problem corrected. The condensor fan problem has been corrected but I still have the loud hum when cycling from heat to defrost (it now only lasts for 16 seconds). I just got off the phone with Amana regarding the loud humming noise and the tech department suggested (he said the "only" thing that would cause the hum) that my unit was over charged. I've had this hum on all three condensor units. The system from day one has heated and cooled with good results. The compressor ran for months (Feb to Sept on the # 1 condensor unit) without the condensor fan turning and did not burn the compressor up. That says a lot for the compressor! Amana gets an "a" as to their warranty. The hvac service which is ach Mechanical in Owings Mills gets an a+ for all the service calls they have accomodated me. This could be an excellent product if they ever get the bugs fixed. note: Folks, check your serial number. You might have a unit with a bad condensor fan computer/circut board which would be a defect on Amana's behalf. It has been aggravating and continues to be so. Just hope they get this thing running properly.