Consumer Reviews of AMANA heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2017?

Read more about AMANA heat pumps

Date created: 2009-07-23 Name: warranty admin
Location: FL

"Warranty Administrator HVAC"
As the warranty administrator for an hvac contractor in fl, I have been fililng claims for more than 20 years. I will say that Amana is near the top for "Most Claims Filed." They stand by their warranties. But, most times parts that fail are not available locally and that leaves the customer without cooling until it comes in. There are too many seniors in our customer base that cannot be without ac in fl in summer. They are not nearly dependable as the other brands we sell & service. I would not install one for any of my friends or family.

Date created: 2009-07-05 Name: G. Mann

"Home owner"
We bought the heat pump in October 2008, and this is the third time we've had to call to repair it. Yesterday, we tried to turn the cool air on, and the unit was completely shut down. We paid $10,000 for this product, and we are extremely disappointed and wish we had gone with another manufacturer. I would not recommend the Amana heat pump to anyone.

Date created: 2009-06-16 Name: emmitt

"Emmit"
I've installed amana systems for years with no problems. all the negative reviews on this site have to do with faulty installations. the builders are too cheap to pay for a good installation, I know, I bid new homes & they say i'm too expensive.

Date created: 2009-06-14 Name: Roseanna Cornett

"Roseanna Cornett"
Purchased a year ago, nothing but problems! Would never purchase again! In less than a year 6-7 service issues, unresolved! Even Amana represenative involved! I purchased from a company that said two year money guarentee or they will remove and replace the $8-9,000 dollar unit! Now I am asking for removal!

Date created: 2009-05-04 Name: jamie
Location: Montreal

"AMANA HEAT PUMP PROBLEMS"
Bought this unit new in the box. Found a nice installer who semed to know what he was doing. One winter passed. 2 Winters passed. I Live in montreal, so we have cold cold and humit hots. this spring I noticed the furnace would run indefinately and not hot oir cold air, jsut air coming from vents. I called repairman who opened up the heat pump. Loa nd behold, vibrations caused teh electric cables inside that control compressor to chafe against a copper pipe. THis caused the pipe to make a hole, leaking out all the refrigerant r410a. This costed 35$ a pound * 14 pounds refrigerant. service fee over 650$. Go with Name brand equipment with name brand reseller. Do not save 50$ to spend 700 later. Go with old refrigerant, not R410A (very expensive).

Date created: 2009-04-25 Name: AMANA

"Amana"
This second year of my Amana heating pump it started freezing and had to call the repair man many times, it cost me around 500 with no success , this winter it had trouble heating , we were always freezing at home. It had lost coolant as I was told. Nothing was covered with the warranty . I have a Warranty of 5 years but it seems it is a joke. This spring it stopped compeletely , I dont know what to do anymore, it is a hopeless machine! I never had such an abnormal experience with any product than Amana!

Date created: 2009-04-05 Name: AMANA

"Works fine"
My new amana heat pump cut my heating bills! My old carrier heat pump never really worked well.

Date created: 2009-03-23 Name: AMANA

"Long Life"
I bought heat pump new in 1987, Had the four way valve go bad the first year, changed out for free. Comp just went out on the unit so I am looking for another hp. Looks like a Amana is coming my way again.

Date created: 2009-03-20 Name: AMANA

"Base model unit"
That is the base model unit, but it has a 10 year warranty. The contractor ripped you off.

Date created: 2009-03-20 Name: AMANA

"R. Dayvault"
I purchased this unit to replace a unit installed at the time the house was built that was supposed to cool a trailer. In the 17 years I've had it the only problem I've had was a new fan motor. It's not as quite as I would like but it's below my bedroom window and I can hardly hear it running and if your in any other part of the house you can't hear it at all. I hope that Goodman continues with Amana's quality since they purchased the name.