Consumer Reviews of AMANA heat pumps

best product icon  What are the Best Heat Pumps for 2018?

Read more about AMANA heat pumps

Date created: 2018-03-19 Name: James Ewen
Location: Louisville, KY

"Amana Heat Pump Nightmare!"
Unfortunately my neighbors have an Amana heat pump. It is about 6 years old. It is really loud! It makes a high pitched noise like a saw mill! It is so loud I am constantly awakened and unable to sleep. I have run a fan in my bedroom for a year to drown out the noise but now it is so loud I have to wear egg plugs also to sleep and I can still hear the dam thing! I am afraid to complain for fear of starting a neighborhood feud and have then have them harass me and vandalize my property. Two HVAC men have told me Amana heat pumps are junk! Amana nightmare!

Date created: 2017-09-21 Name: R Steeves

"Stand behind your product"
The condenser failed in the eighth year. The compressor failed just before the 10 year warranty expired. However, the warranty was not honored because apparently Goodman must receive the faulty part before the warranty expires. So lost over $1000 due to a technicality.
Date created: 2017-06-19 Name: Rich
Location: Fort Worth, TX

"AMANA = UNRELIABLE"
Bought a new Amana heat pump system in 2008. Work fine and kept the house cooled down to 74 deg effortlessly for the first three years. System failed on us (shutdown). Tech found a component had totally disintegrated (blown up. Had difficulty with Warranty took three days to get component in hand. Less than one year later same story with another electrical component. Again, after 1 1/2 years later same story with component failure and difficulty warranty. Now into my 8 1/2 years systems shuts down. System is depleted of freon. Both the evap coils and the the copper piston mechanism that switches from cooling to heats are leaking. I am now on my 10 day in near 100 deg temp without any ac. Now starting to look to see if there are any outstanding lemon laws or state action law suits against this company. Cannot recommend Amana (or Goodman an Amana subsidiary)
Date created: 2017-03-02 Name: E. P.
Location: Kirkland, QC, Canada

"Unreliable compressor warranty"
Our heat pump comes with lifetime warranty on the compressor. To get a replacement compressor, you have to hire an Amana certified technician, who charges over $1,500 to replace the compressor. You also get a lot of run around to obtain answers. Conclusion: do not rely on the lifetime compressor replacement warranty. It is too costly to just replace the compressor. Our unit lasted 10.5 years. After reading all the other reviews, we consider ourselves lucky that we didn't have to deal with Amana/Goodman repair people earlier!!! We seem to have been among the relatively lucky customers. We will not buy another Amana/Goodman product again due to the poor warranty experience we had and those we read on this site.
Date created: 2017-01-17 Name: John Reynolds
Location: Greer, SC

"Stay away"
Unit will be five {5} years old Jan. 31, 2017. Since the summer of 2016 it has broken down twice and cost us over $1000.00 Every repairman we have had agrees it is a piece of junk. One repair it had to be completely disassembled and put back together.
Date created: 2017-01-03 Name: Jimmy Williams
Location: Ooltewah, TN

"Owner"
The worst piece of junk you can buy. I had coil leakage problems from day one. Replaced, but the coil still leaked. After 8 years the compressor burned up and although there was a 10 years parts warranty Goodman refused to honor it.
Date created: 2016-09-16 Name: Diana Roysdon
Location: Tennessee

"A POS unit. AC works--heat does not. No one can fix."
I will never buy this brand again.
Date created: 2016-06-17 Name: Patrick Boone
Location: Wilton, CA

"Amana heat pump warranty non-existent"
So, we purchase an Amana heat pump with a 10-year warranty......fast forward 5 years. Lo and behold the product breaks down and Goodman / Amana hides, ducks, and does everything possible to avoid our claim. Pathetic and I hope they go out of business. Never will I purchase a unit from Amana or Goodman
Date created: 2016-03-30 Name: G Northcutt
Location: Tennessee

"Do not buy"
We have had nothing but problems. Parts, including the compressor, are constantly replaced. They will not replace it with a new unit. Still under warranty. I think they are just waiting til it is out of warranty, so we will have to buy another one. I will never buy any Amana product again.
Date created: 2016-03-13 Name: Donald Kennedy
Location: Parrish, FL

Two months out of full warranty parts and labor, the coil went - $850 labor charge. A year later the circulating fan motor went, $350 parts and labor. Next a UV light bulb went, $499 parts and labor. Next a relay for $150 parts and labor. Next a light bulb only went for $140. Today another relay for $210 parts and labor.