Consumer Reviews of AIRE FLO heat pumps

Read more about AIRE FLO heat pumps

Date created: 2015-04-09 Name: MB
Location: Alabama

"Stay away"
Stay away from this brand. Had a new unit installed in January 2015. It has never worked. Now I have to get the compressor replaced. I asked for a new unit. I told them it was like replacing the engine and a new car after two months. They said they cannot replace the unit and they have to replace the part. I'm stuck. Stay away. Do not get a Lennox brand heat pump.

Date created: 2014-08-02 Name: Jonathan Ayre
Location: Newfoundland, CAN

"Total garbage"
To summarize my experience with my Air-Flo unit and the customer service from Lennox (Air flo seems to be just the label on the equipment) I have three words: expensive, agonizing and a learning experience. In 1.5 years my heat pump has stopped running 7 times each on separate occasions. It was only 3 years old when I bought the house/unit and it is currently still under warranty. - The refrigerant has leaked out completely on two separate occasions from pin hole leaks located inside the manufactured unit, - The shraider valve leaks, and the unit has been topped up three separate times at least, - two relays have been replaced, - the control board has been replaced, - unit is currently not operating and the technician doesn't know why. Unit gives off multiple fault indicators and runs hot when it runs. Refrigerant level seems low and a faulty threeway valve is a suspect. It will require troubleshooting and guess and check style repair work...$$$ - back up electric heat is not operating as expected. The blower and electric heater doesn't respond to the set pointn the controller. I woke up one morning and the house was 24 deg when it was set at 21. It seems there is a faulty relay but this is just my guess. There is only heat/fan on or heat/fan off available. I operate the back up heat from the electrical panel and breaker now. The worst thing now is that Lennox will still only offer to pay for replacement parts!!! Its not like we are talking about a blender here, this is the heating for my home and I live in a heating climate in Atlantic Canada, it needs to run and it costs money every time it stops. Between repair costs, inflated electrical bills and lost time from work I have spent about $5000 on this lemon and now I need to spend maybe $10,000-$12,000 more replacing it!!! Outrageous. This is not right. Even under these circumstances Lennox will still only offer to supply the parts required to repair the unit though these costs are insignificant under these circumstances...labor is undoubtedly the major expense. They have also offered a local cost plus 10% reduction on the supply of a new unit but why would i go back with them to save such a small amount of the material only costs when this is the quality of product they make.... No way. Don't buy Air-Flo or Lennox

Date created: 2014-05-03 Name: Lakeland lady
Location: Lakeland florida

"Lakeland_lady"
Bought a Lennox Aire-flo 3 years ago and not one issue with it at all! I have had my electric bill lowered a bunch and it's so quiet compared to my old junky Trane system! Nothing but fantastic performance.

Date created: 2013-08-12 Name: Mike
Location: Florida

"Less Than 2 Years"
Replaced this unit after 17 years with an Aire-Flo and it broke down less than two years. I'm finding out, it is one of the lowest rated systems by consumers. I noticed the only positive remarks are by techs and dealers.