Consumer Reviews of WaterFurnace geothermal heat pumps

#11  of 13 brands of geothermal heat pumps

Read more about WaterFurnace geothermal heat pumps

Read reviews of other Geothermal Heat Pump brands

Date created: 2016-10-31 Name: Greg
Location: Kitty Hawk, NC

"Bad compressors"
My Water Furnace works well when it works. The compressors used in these units are of a poor quality. I have had two compressors in 10 years. Water Furnace will not warranty the replacement compressor for the same time as the original. The replacement was installed after the original broke down during the warranty after 3 years. The replacement failed in 7 years apparently only days after the original warranty expired. Water Furnace takes the hard position this is just too bad for me. So now I am on the third compressor. The only bright spot is that the newest compressor did not come from Water Furnace, however my HVAC service man {who is great} had to adapt the third compressor to fit. Water Furnace was not even able to supply a replacement part for 6 weeks. I would not recommend Water Furnace products.

Date created: 2015-02-14 Name: Ben
Location: Rockford, MI

"WaterFurnace problems"
I have owned a WaterFurnace for 12 years. It has had ten repairs in the time I have owned it. Most repairs are due to the Freon leaking out. When the system is on back-up heat (like a big toaster) it's supposed to warn you (because it is crazy expensive) but that feature doesn't work either. I have had four different companies work on the system over the years. Longest stretch I had without a failure was about two years.
Date created: 2014-11-28 Name: R. Dudley
Location: Grand Rapids, MI

"Constant rotation of service providers"
This is our second geothermal unit installed in the same house in 19 years. The first was a ClimateMaster (sold as Carrier). Both units have had a plethora of maintenance issues. Worse still is the continual shell game of service providers. The installing company was bought out by another. The tech who installed the unit left for who knows where. Now we can't find a repair company that knows anything about the heat pump. The company which bought the original recommended we find someone else, as they aren't comfortable working on the units they install. The last repair company (recommended as "experts" in geothermal), just spent 2 hours working on unit and it is faulting more now then before they looked at it. I like the idea of geothermal. But after 19 years, it's just too expensive to try to save energy. We've probably averaged $500-$1,000 per year in repair costs. Not to mention time wasted, water leaks, and time spent in a cold house.
Date created: 2012-12-17 Name: ken miller
Location: burnsville nc

"Very bad"
Had a geo-thermal system installed in September 2010. I have had operational problems since day one. 1st contractor was so bad I secured another authorized one. He came once and said I was to far away. The third has tried many times to fix problems ($ 2,000 worth) and has giving up. I have been told it will take 2 new wells and new piping to the cost of $12,000. I have called and written Water furnace and was told that they have no control over their dealers and I am on my own. Getting bids on heat pump.
Date created: 2012-06-19 Name: Hartog
Location: Port Sandfield, ON

"Luxurious Gorgeous Geothermal WaterFurnace"
Dear Ryan and Team, Thank you sky high - had a chance to visit and the luxurious gorgeous geothermal heat blew all my expectations through the roof - incredible -20 outside and inside a beautiful feeling 21c - wowowowo it was warm in every corner of the cottage evenly - I am so grateful for this whole project and the final result is a blow out success