Consumer Reviews of WaterFurnace geothermal heat pumps

#13  of 15 brands of geothermal heat pumps

Read more about WaterFurnace geothermal heat pumps

Read reviews of other Geothermal Heat Pump brands

Date created: 2019-07-16 Name: eric jensen
Location: New Carlisle

"Stay away from water furnace"
If you own a two-story house forget these dam furnaces with multiply speed fans you will roast upstairs. After less than 3 years it has quit working. Have not had service yet, but who knows. I wish I had kept my old one it was wonderful and would have paid anything to keep it running!

Date created: 2019-07-12 Name: Philip Durell
Location: Abbotsford Canada

"Absolute Rubbish and Worst Customer Service Ever"
I cannot rate this machine low enough. And I’d rate the customer service even lower. We had a brand new unit installed in October 2018. It lost its refrigerant by January due to a leak. It took until June for a new part to be installed. To our horror, a completely separate part had also failed and a month later we have no idea when it will be fixed or replaced. Communication with Water Furnace in the USA is pathetic and Canada reps and installers cannot get a response. The manufacturing quality was extremely poor and the company’s response horrendous. We incurred $600 extra electric heating cost last winter and we still do not have the machine that we paid over $14,000 for nearly a year ago from order. There is no way I could recommend this unit or anything produced by Water Furnace. I wish I’d never heard of them
Date created: 2019-07-10 Name: Craig
Location: Arkansas

"Issue after Issue"
All within 10 yrs. 4 Compressors - 3 Control boards later. Several service calls & tons of money spent. Many days spent in a hothouse waiting on the 3-5 days to ship parts. Very disappointed!!! Not impressed with this product. Seems to be no help or concern from Water Furnace on my issues. Yes, the parts were covered under the 10-year warranty. Labor - not covered- Now the warranty is out & still having failures on same parts. Lemon - lemon - lemon from the beginning.Water Furnace knows there is an issue with this product & they should make it right for the consumer who invested in their expensive product. Do the right thing!!!!
Date created: 2019-04-27 Name: Judith Caldwell
Location: Michigan

"Poor electronics"
On our 4th control board. 3Rd under warranty. Freeboard, but hundreds in installation. Plus, no furnace for a week each time.
Date created: 2019-04-08 Name: Tim Sorensen
Location: Mineral, VA

"Bad warranty"
I have had an Envision series for about 9 years with a 10 year warranty. At the time of install, the contractor failed to order the unit with the IntelliStart module. Now that this module has failed I'm told if the module were installed (4 wires) at the Factory it would be covered, but because the contractor failed to order the part in the initial order but installed the part before I accepted delivery, it only has a 5 year warranty and is not covered. So, because of poor training by WaterFurnace of their equipment installer I'm out nearly $700. I would understand if the module were ordered a year later or something, but it was part of my original install. So would the module have lasted longer if the factory had wired those 4 wires? Certainly not! Just another loophole to get out of honoring a warranty. So, if you're considering ordering a unit, be sure everything you want in on the original order or refuse the unit!!! It saves you a lot of money.
Date created: 2019-01-27 Name: Tom Niemkiewicz
Location: Michigan

"I used to think of buying a boat"
I used to think of buying a boat was the most expensive way to spend your money until I was talked into a WaterFurnace Geothermal HVAC. The installer has disappeared and the WaterFurnace people just tell me to call local installers but first ask if there is anyone that they shouldn’t recommend. The cost per month to heat my home in Michigan is outrageous. Then there are the multi-year repairs now that my system is 8 years old. Always needed repairs but when it was new it only needed repair every other year. Now it’s multiple times per season. Take your money and heat your home by burning it in your fireplace before buying one of these geothermal systems!
Date created: 2018-12-21 Name: Brad Coddington
Location: Kenosha County, WI

"Love my geothermal system"
I just want to say that using a waterfurnace HVAC system in our home build back in 2007/2008 was one of the best decisions we made in building our home. I read some of these other reviews giving the system bad reviews. What I have noticed is that it seems to me that their installers were the majority of the issues and not the Water Furnace system as the issue. Our only issue with our system was back in the beginning the thermostat controller going out which was under warranty. But other than that it has worked flawlessly. I did a lot of research before deciding on going with a geothermal HVAC system and I would do it all again in a heartbeat. The system does what they claimed it would do and it saves money and is literally maintenance free other than cleaning or changing the air filter. I think the only thing I would change would be to have gotten a system that does force air and hydronic heating. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Water furnace product in the future. I believe that they are the top company in the geothermal HVAC systems.
Date created: 2018-11-28 Name: Kevin Vane
Location: Seaford, DE

"Mechanical Breakdowns"
We have had a Water Furnace Geothermal system for 10 years. It breaks down every six months. My electric bill runs over 700 dollars a month. When it is not working I run electric space heaters., My electric bill dropped to 225 a month. Don't waste your time or money with geothermal. It's expensive, unreliable, and is no way energy efficient. It is not good for the environment either.
Date created: 2018-11-21 Name: JJ
Location: Austin, TX

"Geothermal Heat Pump"
It's been all it was advertised to be. I've kept meticulous records and the average monthly utility bill has been $175 (for a 5,000 sq. Ft home). That includes heating, air conditioning, hot water, lights and appliances. I've looked at other manufacturers and in the end, found they did not have the package WaterFurnace does. I'm a big fan of WaterFurnace.
Date created: 2018-09-29 Name: B Gendron
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY

"Boring, but satisfied"
I am reviewing a WaterFurnace NSW050 water-to-water geothermal heat pump, configured to deliver heat or cooling with a desuperheater to preheat domestic hot water. I have a closed source loop with 167 feet of well depth per ton of heating/cooling. It is custom configured with an external controller for easier use. I had it installed 7 years ago to replace an oil burner and air-to-air a/c unit. The best word I can use to describe this unit is "boring." It does what it is supposed to do reliably and without fuss. My system requires no maintenance, and it is easy to switch between heating and cooling modes. The only problem I have to report is that the Intellistart burned out near the end of the warranty period. Moving one wire allowed it to work until the replacement part arrived. I replaced it myself at no cost. My only two complaints are minor: 1. The insulation surrounding the heat exchangers, out-gasses and irritates my respiratory system, but this is only a problem when I have the unit open. 2. (technical) There is only one freeze point detection setting, so I have to change it when I switch from heating to cooling and back. Otherwise, I could do it with the flip of a switch. Overall, I am extremely happy with the unit, and I highly recommend it.