Consumer Reviews of WaterFurnace geothermal heat pumps

#12  of 13 brands of geothermal heat pumps

Read more about WaterFurnace geothermal heat pumps

Read reviews of other Geothermal Heat Pump brands

Date created: 2018-09-11 Name: ACP
Location: Annapolis, MD

"Customer Service"
Bought a 5 Series geothermal system (trying to be a better environmental steward). System worked well for almost 10 yeas. Then we had a leak of the polyol ester (poe), and oil found in r410a refrigerants, into our domestic water supply, I.E. all the water piping in the house (proven by spectral analysis). Contacted WaterFurnace to help identify the problem, come up with a solution. Stone walled, denied this could happen, maybe could use the warranty or just a courtesy assist. Brick wall. Called to help with testing the house water after we replaced all the plumbing in the house to hopefully rid the system of the poe. Another denial that this could have happened, mind you we have chemical analysis proof! Highly recommend you use another company for your Geothermal needs.

Date created: 2018-07-17 Name: Bo Steinsvik
Location: Seattle. WA

"Nothing but problems"
We had a Waterfurnace installed in 2008. During the first four years, we traveled much and did not really use it. After we started living in the house and we used it more, there has been nothing but problems. We have likely spent over $10,000 in various repairs. Many of them came just after warranty. Overall, it's hard to find service and repair companies. In the Seattle area, there is only one, and pricing is thereafter. This repair company recommends to get a new unit, which they priced at $15,000 - $20,000 to install. I would never use this brand again. Poor service. Unit will fail. Hard to find service people when it stops working, which is typically mid winter or peak summer temps.
Date created: 2018-03-04 Name: Curt D.
Location: South Bend, IN

"Great technology"
I am very satisfied with my geothermal unit. It lowered our utility bills by about 50% and is extremely comfortable. I took the time to find a well qualified installer with great references. Many of the complaints I've heard about geothermal are due to improperly installed equipment - not the hardware. Most of the components in these systems are found in normal air conditioners and heat pumps. A++++
Date created: 2018-03-04 Name: Tom Niemkiewicz
Location: Michigan

"Grab your wallet and run"
Great sales pitch to buy but then winter comes. I see all the great reviews are from new owners... Wait just a few years. The only thing green is what it costs to run after is starts to break down and run on emergency heat! And good luck finding a repair person. My installer after the install became MIA! (Executive Heating) Waterfurnace recommended a second repair company who showed up to analyze then must have run off with the original installer. (Cappy Heating) Donít be fooled like I was to go with this System.
Date created: 2017-12-15 Name: Richard Simon
Location: Little Meadows, PA

"Repair problem"
I am no without heat for one month. 7 degrees in northeast Pennsylvania. The local repair folks have been great. The Waterfurnace central repair cannot figure out why it is not working after seven years of no problems. It is under warranty. There seems to be no urgency in replacing the system. Be sure this is not your only heating system
Date created: 2017-03-24 Name: Paul
Location: Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada

"Corroded soilder joints"
After installing the envision heat pump 4 years ago Waterfurnace's warranty coverage became very clear. After noticing a leak coming from the unit it was discovered the desuperheater was leaking at the socket fitting deep inside the cabinet. After contacting my installer to repair the issue it took water furnace 4 weeks to decide if they were going to cover the claim. After disassembly of the entire unit to repair the issue it was discovered several other fittings severely corroded some of which were not even in service (in floor heating loop) In summary the tech that assembled the unit did not clean the flux after soldering the joints and water furnace does not see this as a manufacturing defect. Same issue has been found in 3 other units of people we know. After waiting another 3 weeks Water furnace (wfi) declined the claim as they do not cover corrosion until it floods your home. Do not buy....as they do not stand behind their work to correct an issue. Thanks for the support after highlighting a qa issue that needs fixing. My next call will be my insurance company to highlight the risk of having one of these units in your home. On a good note...works okay if it's not rotting out.
Date created: 2017-03-13 Name: SL
Location: New Haven, CT

"My geothermal pump"
I have owned this unit for a few months now ever since I bought my home. The winter here get pretty brutal and due to some technical issues the central heating system was broken and couldn't be repaired for a huge amount of money so I started looking at alternative ways of heating my home. This does the job and does it while being environmentally friendly and that makes me feel good. The only thing I dislike about it is that it took longer to heat the house than my traditional heating did. I would buy the same brand again but I don't know if any of my friends would be into something like this.
Date created: 2017-01-27 Name: JAW
Location: Peoria, IL

I've owned this unit for almost 6 months. Our house is just under 3000 square feet. It was heated and cooled with two natural gas furnaces/air conditioners. The cost after rebates was a couple of thousand dollars more than just replacing with natural gas again. We have saved enough already to make up the difference in cost. Pros: Very even heat, hot water unlimited, air conditioning very good, costs less per month to operate. Fan runs all the time to even out the heat. It is variable speed reacting to need. Cons: We found that set back thermostats do not work very well. Set the temperature and leave it alone. In a sentence recovery time in the heating mode is very slow is comparison to natural gas. We have four vertical wells and cleaning up and redoing the backyard was the hardest part of this project. Absolutely no problems. We are very satisfied. Make sure to understand the system and find the very best installers. If specified correctly and done right it works very well. The well field is an asset in the future and the system should add to the value of your house. You may have to educate future buyers to point out the advantages and cost savings.
Date created: 2017-01-22 Name: MF
Location: Jackson Hole, WY

"Geothermal Heat is the best!"
Last spring we had our Synergy 3D geothermal pump and forced air unit installed in our new Jackson Hole home. What I noticed first this winter was how warm the house felt even through the coldest days. Instead of cold tile under my feet there was warmth. I would definitely recommend this product to my friends because it has been working great since it was installed. What I like most about the unit is that I have yet to find a spot in the house where it feels colder or warmer than the rest. Our old home was about 30 years old and the forced air heater and air conditioner that we had had a number of issues but mainly by going over to our synergy 3D unit we've been able to see a substantial savings in out heating bills. Now, our new home was constructed to energy star certifications with top of the line windows and doors and premium insulation and building materials but we've seen a almost one third reduction in heating bills with an increase of about 500 square feet in size. Anyway, I would suggest this unit to anyone based on what I've seen so far and I doubt that my opinion will change in the future unless something goes very wrong. Thank you for reading!
Date created: 2016-12-19 Name: SW
Location: Bloomfield,mKentucky

"Cheap and environmentally friendly"
We bought three months ago to replace our old system that came with our house. We were not familiar with these heat pumps before we bought our house and our old one wasn't very efficient. We bought and installed our new heat pump and just love it. We haven't had to fix or replace it but it comes with a good warranty if we run into problems. It runs very quietly, we have not used it to cool our house yet but with kids and pets, we are happy the refrigerant is environmentally friendly. We do not however rely on it for heating our water it doesn't do the best job at that but we have a separate water heater and don't rely on it anyways.