Consumer Reviews of Trane geothermal heat pumps

#9  of 13 brands of geothermal heat pumps

Read more about Trane geothermal heat pumps

Read reviews of other Geothermal Heat Pump brands

Date created: 2018-03-27 Name: L warren
Location: Michigan

"Do not buy!"
Built our home with a closed loop Trane geothermal system. Bought the 10 year warranty (thank god!) and have had to use the warranty every year, multiple times per year. The original certified installers refused to come to our house after they had did several repairs because they couldnít fix the thing (at the time, it was brand new) so we had to find another dealer. Now the warranty is done and the compressor has failed again, for the third time. As of the past two weeks we do not have heat. Trying to get a quote for repair is like chasing a ghost. Besides the multiple compressor failures, (which was $4k, per time, under warranty) the system has lost pressure every season (from heat to ac), and the antifreeze/refrigerant has had to be added every time (approx $700 per time). Contemplating just switching over to natural gas, as other geo brands seem to have the same recurring and expensive issues. I want to do my part to save the environment, but Iím saving the economy instead! I donít see how leaking chemicals into the air/ground is saving anything! This system should be a lawsuit waiting to happen!

Date created: 2017-01-13 Name: TJB
Location: CHAMOIS, MO

"HOW I GOT SCAMMED"
I built a new house in 2011 and bought a geothermal system because of all the tax deductions and rebates I would not have to spend that much of my own money. Now, five years later, I was told my compressor is going out and there are no more tax rebates. I can buy an air source system cheaper than a new ground source system. A neighbor of mine got a new system three years ago and they have the same electric bill as I do, or lower. To sum up, my expensive ground source system after five year is needing replacement and a cheaper system gets the same utility bills as a ground source. If I could go back in time I never would have went with a geothermal system in the beginning and I am making a crusade to tell everyone I know my story. They are overpriced, overhyped, and outdated.
Date created: 2016-11-30 Name: MB
Location: Minneapolis, MN

"Geothermal Heating/Cooling System Review-Trane"
I have owned this unit for several months and am very satisfied with its performance so far. The unit has multiple functions with many different settings and has been very reliable. The upfront cost is worth it. I do not anticipate having to replace anything in the foreseeable future, however, should I have to Trane's customer service is unbeatable. They have been extremely helpful throughout the entire purchase and post-sale process. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a more environmentally stable unit.