Consumer Reviews of Q Energy Systems geothermal heat pumps

5 of 5 stars 1 review

Read reviews of other Geothermal Heat Pump brands

Date created: 2018-11-21 Name: BN
Location: Merced, California

" Incredibly cost-efficient geothermal heat pump"
There are many benefits to using a geo system in conjunction with a hot water system. If you are using a tank (electric) you will be raising the ambient temperature of the water (especially in the summer) and I see no barriers to that, only pluses. Also, it is incredibly cost efficient, I am saving lots of money by using a geothermal heat pump. If you're using a tankless electric system be careful in your selection. Some work on thermostatic control and have an upper range of 122 degrees shutting off the flow as if there is a problem. One manufacturer uses an on/off control, thus negating this problem. I would assume the water temperature from a desuperheater varies with load, meaning the heavier the cooling load the hotter the water temperature. Winter operations require more auxiliary heat to raise the ambient temperature, but any gain in temperature means less fuel to raise it to your operating set point. The cold was -8.5 when I checked and that day our system ran 100% at half load, the thermostat is programed to not use emergency heat so it was going on and off all night, I am sure glad we don't have many hours at that temperature, my geodesign report shows only 2 hours per year but I know we had at least 6 to 8 hours at that temp. The tstat set for 68 deg F, when it gets that low you wish you had better insulation.