Consumer Reviews of Miami Heat Pump geothermal heat pumps

Read reviews of other Geothermal Heat Pump brands

Date created: 2018-10-08 Name: J DeForrest
Location: Rapid City, SD

"Maybe, Maybe Not"
I ordered a new 5-ton HPX Heat Pump on June 1st and it arrived the second week of July. Install was a little hairy, but we figured it out with an hvac guy on site. These can be confusing since they have several options for compressors, motors, etc. and have multiple wiring diagrams. The unit worked flawlessly on a/c through the end of September and is a very quiet system (I did purchase the sound isolation add on). The heat worked fine for about 16 hours and then went into an error message, which was determined to be a bad board. It's been a week now since it was determined to be a bad board, which was under warranty, but haven't seen any parts yet, so the jury is out on how well the service department is responding to warranty issues. I contacted tech support today and they sent me a Fedex number for shipping, but Fedex said it wasn't a good tracking number, so I don't know what's going on yet. The unit also didn't come with a serial number and I'm still waiting on what to do about that. I've sent 2 emails requesting a serial number, but haven't heard a word about how they are going to resolve the issue.

Date created: 2018-10-05 Name: Bob west
Location: Georgia

"Fantastic units"
Been buying Miami Heat Pump units for sometime. Excellent product support and very reliable units. Thank you!
Date created: 2018-08-17 Name: danny crowder
Location: Augusta, GA

"Geo heat pump"
Installed a 2 1/2 ton, closed loop 3 years ago. Had a few questions, but a phone call or two cleared it up. Great phone help, no waiting on hold. System works great and very pleased. Live in 100-year-old house, that's hard to heat and cool. Geothermal unit does it, much cheaper. Thanks guys.
Date created: 2018-05-12 Name: Shawn miller
Location: Canada

"Integrity of a company"
You can say a lot about a company, after you purchase, install the unit. Would like to commend this company for an excellent support and patience. Great product!!
Date created: 2018-04-06 Name: Phillip
Location: Quebec, Canada

"Satisfied customer"
Have been buying mhp units for sometime.. Excellent product!! Good company to deal with.
Date created: 2018-03-28 Name: Marlon Ochoea
Location: Homestead, FL

"Great units"
Wanted to share my absolute satisfaction from my 2 hpx units.. Installed the first one about 6 years ago.. Got our second unit for upstairs 2.0 ton horizontal, end of Summer last year. Both working great, nice looking Stainless cabinet.. Nice people to deal with! Recommended to all my friends and family. Thank you!!
Date created: 2018-03-27 Name: Nelson
Location: Jericho, NY

"Great unit! Great Company!"
Got my unit about 3 years ago.. Working great so far.. Just wanted to commend this company for excellent product support. Nelson C.
Date created: 2018-03-25 Name: Douglas Von Ins
Location: Indiana

"Read warranty"
Understand that mhp will not reimburse you for your labor cost, even if they send you, as they did us, a defective unit. They will send parts, or, as they did with us, replace a defective unit, but all labor costs will be yours to bear, and this can be very expensive. You don't have any way to know that there is a problem, until the unit is installed. So please read and understand that warranty, and understand that there is a risk here, and that you know what it is, and are willing to accept it. I do think that for the most part, MHPs units are of good quality, but if you get a bad one, it's going to be stressful, and can be quite expensive. So please, read and understand that warranty. They make it a little difficult to find it, but keep looking till you do. The replacement unit has worked, without problem now, for about five months. Would I buy this unit again? Well, given the 'meat grinder' we were run through, probably not. Though, I expect we were probably just unlucky. So don't let this review stop you, just know what's in the warranty, and that there is some degree of risk, and that you're ok with it.
Date created: 2017-12-03 Name: Tom zumber
Location: New York

"Great product"
Have my first hpx048v unit fior about 8 years...love it! I just got my second unit from MHP last December. Unit is working great. Last week my 4.0 ton unit stopped working. A quick call to technical support fixed the problem on the phone immediately.. No hold, no delay.. Harvey.. Great job!! Wish it was so easy with other manufactures..
Date created: 2017-09-21 Name: D. zember
Location: New York

"Great product and support"
Got my first unit about 7 years ago, got my second unit last October. Must commend this company. Their support is second to none. Units are very quiet. My electric cost dropped almost 50%. Cheers to Miami Heat Pump!