Consumer Reviews of Hydron Module geothermal heat pumps

Read reviews of other Geothermal Heat Pump brands

Date created: 2018-06-26 Name: Bob Corley
Location: Mahwah, NJ

"Buyer beware"
I've been in my home for 4.5 years and the previous owner installed a Hydron system approximately 8 years ago. There has not been a single season switching from cooling to heating or heating to cooling where have not had a problem. Unfortunately two years ago Hydron's dealer who designed, installed and serviced the system went out of business (I can understand why!). I've worked with Hydron to find another dealer who is within 50 miles to provide service but the one they id'd took two weeks to get back to me, paid one service call charging me $400 that did not fix the system and then disappeared for three weeks. They tried to get another firm to provide service with no success. It appears to me they deal with one man shops who are not great business people and tend to go bankrupt. I've had a very reputable local HVAC firm working with Hyrdon's Engineers to try to get the system going with no success. I am currently looking at the most economical way to replace the system with one that I know I can get service on.

Date created: 2017-06-14 Name: Denise
Location: Minnesota

"Beware of Warranty - NOT 25 years"
Buyer beware. Warranty is not 25 years as individual states below. Warranty on the main component (the coil) is only 10 years. Mine went after 11 years and they will not stand behind it. It is a known manufacturing defect of the part and the materials used break down causing a leak. Is a $2500 repair. In addition, apparently there is so much trouble with this part that the manufacturer cannot keep up and there is a 5-6 week delay to even get the part.
Date created: 2016-12-06 Name: TBW
Location: Gardnerville, NV

"Very Happy with my GSHP"
We purchased and had installed a Hydron GSHP in 2012. Although it was a big investment up-front we live in a rural area and had been heating and cooling with propane. The high cost of propane meant that the payback time would be ~7 years. My GSHP has a 25 year warranty so it was a no brainer. The unit heats well in temps as low as the single digits and cools well into the upper 90s. On top of all that, a GSHP is much better for the environment. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.