Consumer Reviews of GeoCool geothermal heat pumps

#6  of 13 brands of geothermal heat pumps

Read more about GeoCool geothermal heat pumps

Read reviews of other Geothermal Heat Pump brands

Date created: 2017-11-16 Name: F. Rusch
Location: Little Rock, AR

"2 units within 4 years"
I've purchased 2 vertical 2.5 ton Geocool units form Ingram's water and air in the past 4 years, and have had nothing but trouble out of both! The first one needed charging every few months, until the leak became evident. It was the coil. Of course it was during the holidays of Christmas, no parts to be shipped for 2 weeks so I purchased another exact unit to replace it, hoping to solve all my problems. Wrong! Since the 2nd unit was installed in late December of 2016 I've had to replace a regulator, and 2 lockout boards. Now it's coil is leaking freon! Very very pour quality product!

Date created: 2017-03-07 Name: LCN
Location: Up state New York

"Had for a year so far and [email protected]"
We have had this since fall 2015, professionally installed. Nothing has had to be replaced or repaired. The installer told us he has the same unit on his house and has been impressed as well. The 10 year parts warranty is another great thing about this heat pump, long term warranty that isn't seen much nowadays. It is quiet which is the best thing I love about it.

Date created: 2017-01-24 Name: LA
Location: Cleveland, OH

"Environmentally Friendly!"
I have owned this unit for about 3 years. It's perfect for the cold weather for Cleveland winters and the chilly lake effect. Capacity is excellent. Standard fan speed is great and works well for my needs. The only issue my family and I have had is that the self tapping screws used to hold the filter brackets get in the way of the filters. This unit has been in good shape with no problems since I have owned it. I have made no repairs on this unit except for maintaining it and keeping it up to code. I would definitely purchase it again if this unit went out. I have recommended this unit/model to other friends and they have purchased it and have had a positive experience as well. My husband thinks this unit has about a 4-6 year life so I expect to replace it in the next year or two and will definitely be buying from the same brand, but may purchase a unit with more power.

Date created: 2016-12-06 Name: SS
Location: Wadsworth, OH

"Good value, quiet efficient and much appreciate heat pump"
I had to replace a very old unit about a year after I moved in and this one came recommended by the installer. I did some research and this had the best rating price, etc. I must say I am extremely pleased both by how it heats and cools. Since this was my first geothermal, I was upset with the old unit. But it was clearly on deaths door. This brand new one keeps the house at a consistent temperature and my energy bills dropped a lot. Since I have only it had for a year, I cannot say much to reliability over the long term; however we have not had any immediate problems and it does the job in summer and in winter. The temperature has not dropped incredibly low where heat pumps start needing back up, so it remains to be seen. But, if it continues as is current, I am optimistic I will be comfortable and my wallet won't feel the pain.

Date created: 2016-11-23 Name: SW
Location: NY

"SATISFIED"
Capacity is excellent. Standard fan speed is a little too high for my installation so I need to address that. Only one beef: the self tapping screws used to hold the filter brackets get in the way of the filters. I replaced them with flat heat screws.

Date created: 2016-11-07 Name: SM
Location: Nashville, TN

"Doesd what it needs to do"
I have had my unit for about a year now, through one pretty bad winter, and it has met all of my expectations and beyond. It does everything I need it to do and that is really all that I can ask from this unit. The fan speed and capacity are perfect for my needs and the size of my home. It even got me through a pretty bad cold snap last year with no problems and kept everything exactly as I needed it to be. I have had no needs of repairs and it has already paid for itself since without it, my pipes would have probably frozen last year and had to be replaced. I would highly recommend getting this series of pump if you are in the market. They also have higher capacity units that can fit pretty much any size home and budget. The initial cost might be high, but it is well worth it in the end.