Consumer Reviews of ClimateMaster geothermal heat pumps

#14  of 15 brands of geothermal heat pumps

Read more about ClimateMaster geothermal heat pumps

Read reviews of other Geothermal Heat Pump brands

Date created: 2016-12-13 Name: ST
Location: Jacksonville, Fl

"Geo Journey"
I've owned this for about one year now and must say that I'm somewhat satisfied with my results even though this is my first time using the heat pump. I like to track my electric usage every few months or so to see where in comparison with my last home (I'm actually doing a little better). The biggest thing I can take away from owning this particular system is that the thermostat doesn't budge. I can't stress enough how important this is to me when it comes to these systems. I haven't had to replace it yet so I'm good as far as I'm concerned. I would probably recommend it if you want reliability in your home heating.

Date created: 2016-12-05 Name: KB
Location: Chicago

"Excellent energy efficient way to save money!"
I'm over the moon about how much money this EnergyStar heat pump is saving me on my monthly energy bill! It shaves my bill down by over 25%, even in the extreme cold of February or the heat of July. I bought this model based on the recommendation of my neighbor, and my only regret is that I didn't pull the trigger 5 years ago when I first heard about this technology. I've had it for a little less than a year, and I'm planning on using the savings on my energy bills over the next 4-5 years to take a carribean vacation with my wife and kids! There's been no maintenance costs to speak of to date. What a fantastic product!
Date created: 2016-11-29 Name: TW
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia

"Compact But Strong"
We had our house built 18 months ago, and contractor suggested that we go with an outside geothermal heat pump as opposed to sticking with the traditional central air or forced heat pump unit because it would decrease the electric bill for a 3000 sq. ft house, and we could elect the tax credits to offset the purchase, along with other eco-friendly upgrades. I can honestly say that I am so glad that he made the suggestion and that we didn't just say no because of the price. First of all, yes, the labor and equipment was expensive. It was included in our construction loan, so we didn't pay out of pocket, but it is a part of our mortgage. But, we compiled our tax credits for our solar panels, automation system, energy efficient windows, the geothermal and our eco-friendly appliances, and that made a huge, huge, huge difference on our federal and state taxes last year because the tax credit doesn't give you cash back, but we credited-out the majority of our taxes that would have been due. Secondly, we only need electricity for power and there was no need to connect gas lines when they were building because the geothermal system heats our water AND heats or cools the house. I really was concerned about the electric bill until I started getting the bills and not once has the electric bill been over $200, actually closer to $150 when I know for a fact the people in our area pay almost triple that amount each month because of the amount of space you have to heat these homes. This house would not be affordable for us if we had to pay a $400 electric bill and $125 gas bill plus the mortgage, water, and sewer bills- it would be too much. So this system really should be the way every house is built from this point on. It doesn't make any sense not to.
Date created: 2016-11-15 Name: Roger
Location: Albany, NY

"Geothermal Is the way to go"
I've owned my Climate Master Geothermal Unit for over a year now and it has made me the talk of the town. The unit works by using ground temperatures (which are cooler during the summer and hotter during the winter) to cool or heat my home. What I've found is that my electric bill has been greatly decreased from what it was before. The unit doesn't make much noise and really isn't noticeable in any way so its not like its been a burden to have around. The unit I purchased is expensive (especially after instillation), but I think with the money I'm saving on my energy bill, it should pay itself off in a few years. In the year that I've had it, its not needed any repairs at all, so for me at least, i can vouch for its durability. All in all i would recommend this unit to anyone that is trying to be more Eco friendly. Why not use the heat (or cooling) that is already in the earth to help heat or cool our homes! I definitely recommend.
Date created: 2016-11-10 Name: DHR
Location: Houston, TX

"Works great!"
I have owned this unit since my wife and I built our house out here 3 years ago. We decided to buy a plot of land just outside of Houston, Texas where we would be able to design it and build it any way that we wanted. With building the house, we decided that we also wanted to make sure that this house would leave as small of a carbon footprint as possible by making it extremely energy efficient. I did a bit of research and we heard about geothermal heat pumps. Well let me tell you, it really works great! We haven't had any issues with it as far as needing repairs or someone to look at it in the 6 years we've owned it! It's also really cut down on our utility bills at the end of the month. We've told all of our friends and neighbors about the product hoping that they'll pass the word on to anyone looking to build a house on their own land!
Date created: 2016-11-10 Name: RP
Location: Center Valley PA

"Efficient and Environmentally friendly"
In the year I've had this geothermal heat pump, I've been mostly happy with it. I recently built a house and included this geothermal pump. My contractor installed and ordered it for me, and I took his recommendation on which to put in. I'm happy with the cost, and the cost to purchase and install, and the cost to keep it running is absolutely reasonable. That being said, I haven't done many adjustments with it, and know I could be doing more. I am waiting to see how this will hold up over the years, because it's a relatively new product. If someone I knew was looking for a geothermal heat pump, I'd probably recommend this one, just because of how enthusiastically my contractor recommended it. However, I don't have anything else to compare it to, and since it's still pretty much brand new, I might wait another few years before I make a glowing recommendation. I think geothermal heating and cooling is an important step towards being environmentally conscious, though, and that's mainly why I do like this unit. The affordable upkeep is just another plus.