Consumer Reviews of ClimateMaster geothermal heat pumps

#10  of 13 brands of geothermal heat pumps

Read more about ClimateMaster geothermal heat pumps

Read reviews of other Geothermal Heat Pump brands

Date created: 2016-11-10 Name: DHR
Location: Houston, TX

"Works great!"
I have owned this unit since my wife and I built our house out here 3 years ago. We decided to buy a plot of land just outside of Houston, Texas where we would be able to design it and build it any way that we wanted. With building the house, we decided that we also wanted to make sure that this house would leave as small of a carbon footprint as possible by making it extremely energy efficient. I did a bit of research and we heard about geothermal heat pumps. Well let me tell you, it really works great! We haven't had any issues with it as far as needing repairs or someone to look at it in the 6 years we've owned it! It's also really cut down on our utility bills at the end of the month. We've told all of our friends and neighbors about the product hoping that they'll pass the word on to anyone looking to build a house on their own land!

Date created: 2016-11-10 Name: RP
Location: Center Valley PA

"Efficient and Environmentally friendly"
In the year I've had this geothermal heat pump, I've been mostly happy with it. I recently built a house and included this geothermal pump. My contractor installed and ordered it for me, and I took his recommendation on which to put in. I'm happy with the cost, and the cost to purchase and install, and the cost to keep it running is absolutely reasonable. That being said, I haven't done many adjustments with it, and know I could be doing more. I am waiting to see how this will hold up over the years, because it's a relatively new product. If someone I knew was looking for a geothermal heat pump, I'd probably recommend this one, just because of how enthusiastically my contractor recommended it. However, I don't have anything else to compare it to, and since it's still pretty much brand new, I might wait another few years before I make a glowing recommendation. I think geothermal heating and cooling is an important step towards being environmentally conscious, though, and that's mainly why I do like this unit. The affordable upkeep is just another plus.