Consumer Reviews of ClimateMaster geothermal heat pumps

#10  of 13 brands of geothermal heat pumps

Read more about ClimateMaster geothermal heat pumps

Read reviews of other Geothermal Heat Pump brands

Date created: 2017-04-02 Name: CB
Location: Richmond, VA

"From Water to Heat"
I have owned this unit for just a little under a year and it is one of the best purchases I have made in awhile. I like the fact that these units are long lasting and benefit the environment more than a standard a/c unit does. They also have an overflow switch which prevents the product from encountering an error.The only thing I could think that I disliked was the cost of the product but I think I will definitely get my moneys worth in no time if I haven't already. I have never actually had to repair my unit yet thankfully and I hope that I don't have to for a few more years at least. These things seem really well built and made to last a lifetime. I would definitely buy this product again and again and anyone who is fed up with their a/c units should invest in one of these. This product is one of the greatest things since sliced bread and everyone should have one of these units in their home.

Date created: 2017-03-13 Name: JR
Location: Saxton, PA

"Review of my Geothermal Heat Pump"
I have owned this unit for 2 years. I started doing some research 2 years ago when I heard that these products could save you money. It is a big investment to start, but ends up paying for itself. I like that it saves money on the electric bill. I would say that I am saving around 40%. I have never needed a repair. I would definitely recommend this product.
Date created: 2017-03-12 Name: SK
Location: New York

"Climatemaster"
After 6 years (installed in Late December 2009 - failed November 2016) the evaporator (copper air coil) on my 5 Ton unit is leaking towards the bottom between the fins. I am replacing the unit with a Hydron. Trying to get through winter by getting it recharged at $190 a pop. There you have it, the truth about climate-master and there uncaring hang up the phone customer service! There is no payback with these units that installers claim if they fail in this time period. They also claim these units are environmentally friendly. How can this be when r410a leaks into the air and is 1725x worse than co2 released into the atmosphere. I am hopeful the Hydron with an aluminum micro channel air coil with a 10 year parts/labor warranty will last 20 years. If it fails in 6 years I am reinstalling my old propane furnace as propane is now dirt cheap.
Date created: 2017-02-04 Name: RW
Location: Trinity Center, Ca

"Climatemaster review"
I recently had this unit installed in my passive-solar house. My cooling load is bigger than my heating load, due to passive solar gains, so my installer recommended 1000 feet of vertical loop. I have only had it for 2 months and it hasn't been the hottest summer ever, but I thought I'd post what I have seen so far. I am not in need of instant cold or heat, so although the TT30 has 2 stages of cool and 2 stages of heat (3 with aux) I set up the ecobee to only use stage 1 for now, which makes the 4-ton unit run roughly as a 3 ton unit. I find the cool air put out by the field to be so cold (around 55deg) that I can feel the dropped temps in the hosue within a half hour. As an example, last night the house was 80deg which is fairly hot. The system including the fan had been off the entire day. I turned the unit on at stage 1, and it reached the 75 deg setpoint in 90 minutes. The fan was set to run throughout the night and the unit never kicked on again, as the temps were fairly low outside (around 70deg). At the time the house reached 75deg, the water in temp had risen to 65deg fwiw. For me, this is perfect for deciding whether or not to even turn the unit on. Some people are looking for faster cooling (using stage 2 for, example) or needing to come home to a house that is already cool (setting the thermostat to turn on an hour earlier, for example) but with a unit running this quickly, I feel like I can save energy by just turning it on when needed, checking the outside temps and humidity, and make a game-time decision, rather than running it when not needed, or running it just because the program says to. The air conditioner it replaced (3 ton) took much longer to get the house temps and humidity down, and a very long time to even feel like it was running. But so far my electric bills have been lower, and the cooling performance much higher. I am not sure if I will see the same performance in the dead of winter, but I am anxious to find out.
Date created: 2017-01-02 Name: JM
Location: Seattle, WA

"Sufficient for the Time I've had it"
I've owned this pump for 6 months and it's done it's job for as long as I have had it, but hasn't exceeded or under performed from expectations. It does it's job and is relatively quiet. In the area I live, I haven't needed heating for the most of the time that I have had it, so the few months that I have used it it has done what it has needed to do.
Date created: 2017-01-02 Name: BH
Location: Roanoke, IN

"Climat Master Advocate"
My family was looking for a way to save money on heating expenses at home. We were looking to change something drastically to see better results not only for our home, but for our wallets. 3 years ago we made the big change to a geothermal system. Climate Master has saved us hundreds of dollars over the years. It is truly eye-opening how cost effective Climate Master has been to our family. I love that we have chosen a investment for our home that saves us more and more money each year. So far we have never had any issues with our system and have never had to replace anything. I would highly recommend for everyone to switch to this system. Not only does it make sense for our environment and energy usage, but it also will save you money in the long run. It may seem like a big investment in the beginning, but I assure you it is one that you won't regret. I love our geothermal system and am a proud advocate of Climate Master.
Date created: 2016-12-13 Name: ST
Location: Jacksonville, Fl

"Geo Journey"
I've owned this for about one year now and must say that I'm somewhat satisfied with my results even though this is my first time using the heat pump. I like to track my electric usage every few months or so to see where in comparison with my last home (I'm actually doing a little better). The biggest thing I can take away from owning this particular system is that the thermostat doesn't budge. I can't stress enough how important this is to me when it comes to these systems. I haven't had to replace it yet so I'm good as far as I'm concerned. I would probably recommend it if you want reliability in your home heating.
Date created: 2016-12-05 Name: KB
Location: Chicago

"Excellent energy efficient way to save money!"
I'm over the moon about how much money this EnergyStar heat pump is saving me on my monthly energy bill! It shaves my bill down by over 25%, even in the extreme cold of February or the heat of July. I bought this model based on the recommendation of my neighbor, and my only regret is that I didn't pull the trigger 5 years ago when I first heard about this technology. I've had it for a little less than a year, and I'm planning on using the savings on my energy bills over the next 4-5 years to take a carribean vacation with my wife and kids! There's been no maintenance costs to speak of to date. What a fantastic product!
Date created: 2016-11-29 Name: TW
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia

"Compact But Strong"
We had our house built 18 months ago, and contractor suggested that we go with an outside geothermal heat pump as opposed to sticking with the traditional central air or forced heat pump unit because it would decrease the electric bill for a 3000 sq. ft house, and we could elect the tax credits to offset the purchase, along with other eco-friendly upgrades. I can honestly say that I am so glad that he made the suggestion and that we didn't just say no because of the price. First of all, yes, the labor and equipment was expensive. It was included in our construction loan, so we didn't pay out of pocket, but it is a part of our mortgage. But, we compiled our tax credits for our solar panels, automation system, energy efficient windows, the geothermal and our eco-friendly appliances, and that made a huge, huge, huge difference on our federal and state taxes last year because the tax credit doesn't give you cash back, but we credited-out the majority of our taxes that would have been due. Secondly, we only need electricity for power and there was no need to connect gas lines when they were building because the geothermal system heats our water AND heats or cools the house. I really was concerned about the electric bill until I started getting the bills and not once has the electric bill been over $200, actually closer to $150 when I know for a fact the people in our area pay almost triple that amount each month because of the amount of space you have to heat these homes. This house would not be affordable for us if we had to pay a $400 electric bill and $125 gas bill plus the mortgage, water, and sewer bills- it would be too much. So this system really should be the way every house is built from this point on. It doesn't make any sense not to.
Date created: 2016-11-15 Name: Roger
Location: Albany, NY

"Geothermal Is the way to go"
I've owned my Climate Master Geothermal Unit for over a year now and it has made me the talk of the town. The unit works by using ground temperatures (which are cooler during the summer and hotter during the winter) to cool or heat my home. What I've found is that my electric bill has been greatly decreased from what it was before. The unit doesn't make much noise and really isn't noticeable in any way so its not like its been a burden to have around. The unit I purchased is expensive (especially after instillation), but I think with the money I'm saving on my energy bill, it should pay itself off in a few years. In the year that I've had it, its not needed any repairs at all, so for me at least, i can vouch for its durability. All in all i would recommend this unit to anyone that is trying to be more Eco friendly. Why not use the heat (or cooling) that is already in the earth to help heat or cool our homes! I definitely recommend.