Consumer Reviews of Carrier geothermal heat pumps

#11  of 13 brands of geothermal heat pumps

Read more about Carrier geothermal heat pumps

Read reviews of other Geothermal Heat Pump brands

Date created: 2017-06-15 Name: Ross
Location: Bastrop, LA

"Carrier GT-PX"
Tax credit for geothermal was good. Unit when operating properly does save money. Summers in Louisiana brutal, humid and hot. If and when the unit operates properly it does the job. However, every two years we have had to have Puron added. Minuscule leak we were told. Before the 6 year warranty ran out we our installer said it was the coil, Carrier supplied a new one. We were out the labor cost. That was late 2016. Now 2017, back to the standard operating procedure. Not cooling. I would recommend another brand for hvac, the Carrier gt-px is high end. It should perform without issues for at least 10 years.

Date created: 2017-01-05 Name: Lou V.
Location: Syracuse, NY

"The natural way to heat: Geothermal Heat Pump."
I have owned my Carrier brand geothermal heat pump for over two years. The model is Infinity: GC. My family converted from traditional to geothermal based upon the advice of our neighbors. Mostly I like the unconventional nature of the science. I found it interesting and intriguing. I find the unit delivers the same quality of heat that most traditional units provide. I really enjoy the tax benefits conveyed from heating with geothermal units. The Infinity series is much quieter than I first envisioned. I really love that as well. My neighbor has had his geothermal heating unit for over five years without any issues. I have had no issues with mine either. I live in Upstate New York where the winters can be very cold and very dry. Geothermal heating is not dry in the least. I would never hesitate the purchase another geothermal heating unit. I would certainly buy the same brand and model series. Carrier has always provided excellent customer service and performance.

Date created: 2016-12-14 Name: EW
Location: St. Charles, MO

"Worth it, in the long run."
This Carrier unit was recommended to me by my father in law and I'm happy that I went with it. My main goal was when I purchased the pump was efficiency due to extremely high utility bills and I was recommended a geothermal unit. I have to say I love what it has done for the bills and the only reason I gave it a "Somewhat Satisfied" rating was due to the cost and installation that has to be with the system entirely (my beautiful lawn!). I've owned it for a little less than a year and never had any problems with it so far (exactly what I wanted). Overall I would purchase from this brand again due to the fact that I have had carrier products in every walk of life and none have let me down. So if you are tired of getting that feeling in the pit of your stomach every time you open a utility bill, I highly recommend this unit for you.

Date created: 2016-12-08 Name: KS
Location: Fort Dodge, IA

"How my Geothermal Heatpump Saves Me Money"
I purchased this unit about five years ago when we built our house. The unit, though initially expensive has more than paid itself off over this short time in savings. The biggest pro was been how well it heats my home and the low monthly cost of maintaining the unit. The biggest con is the large upfront cost and the additional work that is needed to install it. I have never had to repair it, but I have had regular upkeep maintenance done to it each year before it starts getting colder outside just to make sure it's in good shape to handle the colder seasons. I would definitely recommend the brand to my friends if they were building a house, or looking to replace their current heating system. I think that a lot of people are scared due to the upfront cost and/or the additional work, but it's truly a long-term benefit that any home owner should consider if they live in an area of the country where it's feasible.

Date created: 2016-11-30 Name: ABL
Location: Dallas, Fort Worth

"Very satisfied"
We were actually recommended this Geothermal Heat pump by my father in law. My husband spends a lot of time away from the house, which leaves only my father in law and I in charge of the appliances and home appliances when things decide to go bad. We got this because it is easy enough to learn how to use, and repairs can be made very easily. It's been a few years since we have installed this Heat Pump, and let me tell you, I am never looking back. We've only had one issue with it since it has been installed in our home, but honestly the repair and the damage was entirely minimal. I was even able to search online and fix it in under an hour (I'm completely horrible with home repairs). I've already recommended this heat pump to a few of our friends, and they are also very satisfied with the results.

Date created: 2016-11-04 Name: SB
Location: Sarasota, FL

"No More Geo For Me!"
If I had to do this all over again, I would not have gone with Geothermal for my heating a cooling. Not only because of getting left out on the rebate, but I just have no real faith this thing is saving me any money or that it will keep us warm in the winter. I know it had a hard time keeping us cool the few times we needed it over the summer. The contractor had to be called each time it was turned on for a number of different issues, some due to installation issues, others due to equipment issues. It is certainly nothing I feel I can count on like I would with a standard gas fired boiler and electric A/C system. But I have it now, and in hindsight I would not have spent the extra dollars on geo. The HVAC contractor has been here so many times to attempt to resolve lockouts, no cooling, and other system issues. I am hoping all the bugs are worked out because the winter winds will be blowing soon. I have had this unit for 2 years now. I have told everyone I know not to go to geothermal.

Date created: 2009-02-11 Name: M Gilson

"Mikki"
We had a gt-px geothermal unit installed into our new home. We chose a geothermal unit b/c it is to help cut energy costs. Well lets just say it didn't! First noticed the unit was not running properly, called my installer-he found 3 broken factory welds inside the unit. Installer called to order parts-in Nov 08, they are still not in this is Feb '09. First they were backordered then they sent the wrong parts twice!!! I still have not received the parts and still do not have it repaired!! My electric bill doubled the first two months and recently just tripled from last year at this time!! On top of that, the furnace couldn't keep my house warm during the coldest winter b/c of the breaks! I have 2 very small children that I cannot afford to be cold! When I contacted carrier I get a run around that someone will be in contact with my installer and no one has yet to be contacted!! I will never recommend this product!!