Consumer Reviews of Bosch geothermal heat pumps

#9  of 15 brands of geothermal heat pumps

Read more about Bosch geothermal heat pumps

Read reviews of other Geothermal Heat Pump brands

Date created: 2019-04-12 Name: Cam
Location: Virginia Beach, VA

"Best unit i know of"
I think lots of people are dissatisfied with because the system was not installed correctly. I am a good driller and drill many geothermal jobs. Bosch is what we recommend, and I don't know of any other more reliable geo unit. I see some as old as 25 years still working. If you're not getting the efficiency it's probably to do your loop field being too small. For a while, the rule was 200ft of loop per ton, but it seems every 3 or 4 years they want another 10 feet or so. So if you're looking to install new, make sure you get at least 250 feet of loop per ton. No more than 400 ft per ton

Date created: 2019-03-03 Name: M Poindexter
Location: Ohio

"Piece of junk!"
We have yet to save any money in the winter with our Bosch Geothermal furnace. Every winter some part on it has been replaced or has not worked properly. We are waiting for over three weeks now for a new pump and just had a $420 bill in January for Electric and February's bill was $374. We are very unhappy with our unit and wish we had bought from another company! Bosch should stick to making power tools as they don't know a damn thing about furnaces. Do not buy a Bosch Geothermal furnace, they are junk!
Date created: 2018-12-31 Name: Tracy Sauers
Location: Austin, TX

"Bosch is the worst"
We have a Bosch residential Geothermal Heat Pump and something goes out on it every 6 months. We've had it since 2015. Right now the system has been down for the last 2 weeks because the fan motor is out. Previously we've had issues with the coil, circuit boards, capacitors, etc. Name apart and it has gone out. Bosch in Germany can't be bothered to send a replacement fan motor under the warranty because they are leisurely enjoying the Christmas and New Year's Holiday Season while we are freezing. Bosch doesn't care about its customers and doesn't care about anything but selling new systems. Don't buy a Bosch.
Date created: 2017-01-18 Name: ACP
Location: Harrisburg, PA

"Reduce Your Carbon Footprint with a Geothermal Heat Pump"
A geothermal heat pump is probably the most innovative way to gather heat for your home. Along with using solar power energy, it takes the heat produced by the sun and gathers it to heat your home while purifying the air at the same time. This is more economically friendly as it does not create emissions or give off any extra green house gases which have the potential to increase global warming concerns. I've owned this unit for about a year and plan to keep it for a very long time to help reduce my carbon footprint. I am very happy with my geothermal heat pump. In the year that I have owned by pump I have never once had to repair or replace any of the parts. I recommend this unit to my family and friends who also want to help lower their cost for electric or gas heating and additionally lower their carbon footprint impact.
Date created: 2016-11-15 Name: AV
Location: Honolulu,HI

"I love my Bosch pump"
I have a BOSCH 4-ton Variable Speed 2-stage geothermal heat pump system Model TA-049-1VTC. I live in Hawaii and got it installed nearly 2 years back. Hawaiian water works installed it in my house when we initially purchased our house. In Hawaii, we get Tax credit for installing geothermal pumps. It is perfectly suited for the tropical climate in Hawaii, where we have temperatures in mid-80's all the year around and high levels of humidity. The system's compressor creates very low noise, and I love the dehumidification system especially suited for high humidity here. I also get continuous supply of hot water, that is very cost effective. My total cost for a year for cooling and hot water is around $1000. We do not need heating in Hawaii. I am using it for 2 years and I did not have any complaints about it except a minor fixing of screws in installation unit. I am satisfied with my system and would definitely recommend it to a friend. In fact, my daughter is buying her first house in Michigan and I have already advised her to consider this an option.