Consumer Reviews of American Standard geothermal heat pumps

Read more about American Standard geothermal heat pumps

Read reviews of other Geothermal Heat Pump brands

Date created: 2017-02-01 Name: DM
Location: Orlando, FL

"Cheap and Renewable energy"
I have had this unit for about 2 years now, and love it. I was worried at first because of the high cost to install up front (in the 5 figure range for me), but it really paid off. I don't have to feel guilty about using fossil fuels as much, and my power bill is next to nothing when it gets cold now. Since I've had it, I haven't had to repair or replace anything. Hopefully it will last at least 18 more years before needing to be replaced. I would say that on the path I'm currently on, it will have paid for itself well over by that time. I would definitely recommend Energy Star to a friend. They seem a little scary with the upfront cost, but it's well worth it.

Date created: 2016-11-15 Name: KK
Location: Brookings, SD

"American Standard Heat Pump"
This item was new when we bought our home last year. We chose to go with a new one because the house we bought did not have a good heating system. It has always been reliable and has done a good job heating the house even on the coldest of days. We do have to turn it up a bit when it gets colder. It does take a little while before it starts to blow hot air though. I like that it doesn't cost too much to heat our big house. If asked about it I would definitely recommend to a friend or family member. Based on the performance of it so far we would buy it again. The price was right because it was on sale when we purchased. Installation was very reasonable for it too which was a huge plus to us. Overall I would say it was definitely a good purchase and it seems like it will be lasting us for years to come. Our HVAC guy also recommended that we buy a geothermal heat pump over other types of heating options out there because of performance and cost in the long run being lower. If you can afford the upfront cost of one you will not regret it. So glad we looked into this type of heating before just going and buying the cheapest thing out there.
Date created: 2016-11-03 Location: Baltimore, MD

"A fantastic and environmentally friendly heatpump"
I have owned this unit for about a year. I bought it to replace our last heat pump. Our last heat pump died due to an electrical failure and it was a horrible mess. This new one is amazingly efficient, it makes no noise nor does it have any problems. I see a huge difference on our energy bill and the house is at the same temperature as it was before. It's a little bulky which is a bit annoying but it is off to the side in the basement so it is not in the way. We have never had to make repairs to this machine though I know how to should anything go wrong with it. I would buy the American Standard A2GC Series again if I had a choice and I would definitely recommend it to a friend. Overall I am extremely satisfied with this brand of geothermal heat pump.
Date created: 2016-11-03 Location: Springdale, AR

"Geothermal Heat Pump was a Great Long Term Investment"
We had this unit installed a few years ago. Our electric bill was over $300/month in the winter and we were constantly cold, even with the heat running all the time. We looked into several options including a second heating unit and a second fireplace/stove. Although the Geothermal unit was the more expensive of the options, I am glad we chose it. It has been very reliable and has kept our house warm and the electric bill down. Our particular model also helps to subsidize our hot water, which is great because our water heater is old and not very efficient. Our model is not the biggest option available, but it works for our situation (3 people household, 2600 square feet, but great breezes in the summer/spring). The biggest con was the initial price, but our installer was running a special so that saved us a little money. Plus we were able to recoup some of the cost by filing for an energy saving tax rebate. The rest we were able to finance. The savings in our energy bill offset the financing cost each month. All in all, it is a big investment up front, but I recommend it as a great long term investment.