Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

Read more about York furnaces

Date created: 2011-06-16 Location: Salem, Or.

"Oldie But goodie!"
Grandpa bought the furnace in 1990. What we like about it: We pay upfront for the oil. What we don't like about it: It is an oil furnace so it is expensive considering the price of oil has gone up in the last years. Three years ago, when we moved back into the house, it wasn't running because of lack of use. We had to have it serviced and cleaned. It has run fine since that time. While grandma was living with us, we used it a lot to keep her warm. She has passed and we don't use it much because of the expense. We would buy the same brand again if the price was right. We aren't brand loyal, so whatever we could get that worked fine and at the right price would be the one we would buy.

Date created: 2011-06-08 Name: Happy when i buy extended warranty
Location: Ontario

"I will answer your questions"
Well first put your york furnace outside! Then you will only have a minor vibration in the house. Have your contractor turn down the fan speed! They are default set to high. O and get surrond sound! :)

Date created: 2011-05-12 Location: Essex Junction, VT

"Really like our York Furnace"
We have had our York furnace for about two years now and we are very happy with it. It is a gas, forced air furnace. We replaced a twenty year old furnace that had not yet begun to fail, but the new one had such a better efficiency rating that it was definitely a good idea to go ahead and get a new one. We saw an immediate reduction in our gas bill. We had a local heating company do the installation and they added nice features like a kill switch at the top of the basement stairs and a built in humidifier. The humidifier is a really nice feature for keeping the house comfortable. Without the humidifier, you are constantly wanting to put lotion on your skin. Since we got the humidifier, the house is just generally more comfortable. We would definitely recommend this furnace to anyone. We have had no problems at all.

Date created: 2011-05-05 Name: W. BLUM
Location: CHELSEA, VT

"WORST FURNACE EVER"
FIRST UNIT INSTALLED FEB/2009. 2ND UNIT APRIL 2009. 2ND UNIT STARTED BLOWING COLD AIR LIKE THE FIRST. INSTALLERS CHANGED EVERYTHING UNDER YORK'S GUIDANCE. NOTHING HAS WORKED. THEY CHANGED OUT THE 5 BURNERS. WORKED OK FOR A MONTH NOW BLOWING COLD AIR AGAIN. I HATE YORK. WILL NEVER OWN ONE AGAIN NOR WILL I PURCHASE ANOTHER HOME WITH A YORK SET UP.

Date created: 2011-05-04 Name: Greg
Location: Naperville

"Worst product ever owned"
We moved in our new house back in 2008, which has two York PT9 series furnace. It ran fine for the first winter, but in 2009 and 2010 winter, we have to call emergency repair 5 times! Both furnaces got issues: The blow-up fan died, the flame sensor needs to be replaced, the pressure sensor is broken, etc. It feels like all components in the furnace are falling apart. We spent over $500 in 2009 and $1500 in 2010. Their customer service is crappy, they push you around among different departments. This is absolutely a piece of crap!

Date created: 2011-04-26 Name: John
Location: Akron, Oh

"Junk Pile"
Nothing but problems from day one. Maintained the unit with annual maintenance contracts with one of the best HVAC companies in my area. Despite spending close $200/year for general maintenance contracts, something always seemed to break. The ignitors would last only one season, the blower motor was replaced twice (each time after less than 3 years), evaporator coil started leaking and eventually the circuit board went. The service company said, they typically had more issues with this brand than most others. They recommended Trane, high-end Goodman and some Carrier. Which they service but don't sell, at least they're honest. The furnace is 6 years old and I'm planning on chucking it for one of their recommended systems - results speak for themselves.

Date created: 2011-03-21 Name: Neil Henderson
Location: bowmanville ontario canada

"Not a bad furnace"
After many years in the HVAC trade I can tell you that most furnace problems are due to poor installation and not bad equiptment people should be writing reviews on installers not furnaces.

Date created: 2011-03-21 Name: DK Otterbacher
Location: Hebron, IL

"Draft/inducer motors"
York gas furnace & AC installed Aug. 1998. June 3, 2004 - draft/inducer motor replaced June 8, 2004 - draft/inducer motor defective and replaced while under warranty, paid for labor. Dec. 20, 2004 - draft/inducer motor replaced while under warranty, paid for labor Aug. 13, 2010 - Capasitor replaced and freon added March 15, 2011 - draft/inducer motor replaced

Date created: 2011-03-10 Name: john simpson
Location: federal way,wa

"Owner"
About 10 years ago, I bought this York gas heating system. For the first two years all was ok. After that, it has been an expensive machine to keep running. It is also difficult to find a competent repair shop too. This winter, it began cutting out and not restarting. it would get up to temp, but not come back on whne the ttemp dropped again. I checked and reset the rollout switch, but it only runs throuhg one cycle before acting up. The repair man replaced the rollout switch, and that imp[roved iut, but did not cure it. After being away for a week, i reset teh thermostat to bring it up to 68 deg. from 60deg. It ran up to 66 deg, then stopped, for five mins, then came back on, but blowing cold. Code #1 was flashing so I shut off the electric power, waited 30 secs, then switched it back on; it ran, with no code, on an off all night. This morning, back to same old problem and the repair shop now tells me just to replace th whole machine! It may be a few years old but I just don't believe that this constanbt procession o freplacement parts is the right way to diagnose or repair it. Is there some way I can diagnosis and repair instructions? I have quite a bit of experience with electronically controlled machinery, so can probably get to the bottom of it myself.

Date created: 2011-03-08 Name: Linda Leaman
Location: Englewood, Ohio

"Retired"
I had my old Janitrol replaced last year with a new "York" unit. This unit is very LOUD and noisy and I have been very unhappy with it since I bought it. There is absolutely nothing we can do about the NOISE level and it sounds like a jet engine taking off....never again will I purchase a "YORK" or recommend this unit to anyone.