Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

Read more about York furnaces

Date created: 2011-11-04 Name: John
Location: Denver

York P2MPD14N08001B forced air gas furnace is Junk. Has needed service every other year. Have payed 6X the purchase price in ongoing repairs. Don't waste your money!

Date created: 2011-07-19 Name: S. Dougan
Location: Spokane, WA

"I sleep with a jet engine!"
My husband and I bought a new home -- loose term for PoS building--that included, amongst many other low and bad quality equipment and workmanship, a York furnace. It runs without problems and we had a humidifier + electronic air cleaner added because of the environment we live in--Spokane, WA. I have never heard a furnace that is so noisy in my 54 years of life! The master bedroom happens to have three of the closest vents to the furnace and when it comes on, especially during the night, it sounds like you're standing behind a jet getting ready for take- off. It is important that we run the fan regularly because we have a radon gas abatement system that works by air pressure, forcing the air to exchange from the basement to the outside. I absolutely hate this pos and would never buy another, or another home with one in it!

Date created: 2011-06-28 Name: John
Location: Ohio

"Never again"
Built a new house and had a York system installed. The system lasted 4 years before it became so expensive to repair that we replaced with a new system(Trane). The York system was OK for the first two years then everything started falling apart. Ignitors, Capacitor, Blower, Compressor, coils, your name it, seemed like major parts were failing a couple times a year. No warranty follow through. We heard that bad installs are often the reason for issues, so we hired the best local company to replace. The did a complete assessment and found everything to specifications and even commented that the prior equipment was installed correctly. Oh well. We had also used this company to do all the repair work. The new installer was very clear in stating that they get most of their repair business from York and said that if you want to get solid equipment but Carrier or Trane, but stay away from the their lower tier'd equipment.

Date created: 2011-06-27 Name: mstrmstr
Location: Indiana

"Great furnace"
Having said that- My york furnace was installed in 2003 with no problems. I did have a service call but to my chagrin it was not furnace related, but SNOW covering the air intake on my roof. Cooling unit has run like a swiss watch too. The key is a good installer. You need one to evaluate unit and replace bad or incorrect parts on startup. My guy noticed a error code but it was no more than a loosened control board from shipping. Also use standard filters instead of "hepa" or "ultra" which will cause airflow problems in the more efficient furnaces.

Date created: 2011-06-16 Location: Salem, Or.

"Oldie But goodie!"
Grandpa bought the furnace in 1990. What we like about it: We pay upfront for the oil. What we don't like about it: It is an oil furnace so it is expensive considering the price of oil has gone up in the last years. Three years ago, when we moved back into the house, it wasn't running because of lack of use. We had to have it serviced and cleaned. It has run fine since that time. While grandma was living with us, we used it a lot to keep her warm. She has passed and we don't use it much because of the expense. We would buy the same brand again if the price was right. We aren't brand loyal, so whatever we could get that worked fine and at the right price would be the one we would buy.

Date created: 2011-06-08 Name: Happy when i buy extended warranty
Location: Ontario

"I will answer your questions"
Well first put your york furnace outside! Then you will only have a minor vibration in the house. Have your contractor turn down the fan speed! They are default set to high. O and get surrond sound! :)

Date created: 2011-05-12 Location: Essex Junction, VT

"Really like our York Furnace"
We have had our York furnace for about two years now and we are very happy with it. It is a gas, forced air furnace. We replaced a twenty year old furnace that had not yet begun to fail, but the new one had such a better efficiency rating that it was definitely a good idea to go ahead and get a new one. We saw an immediate reduction in our gas bill. We had a local heating company do the installation and they added nice features like a kill switch at the top of the basement stairs and a built in humidifier. The humidifier is a really nice feature for keeping the house comfortable. Without the humidifier, you are constantly wanting to put lotion on your skin. Since we got the humidifier, the house is just generally more comfortable. We would definitely recommend this furnace to anyone. We have had no problems at all.

Date created: 2011-05-05 Name: W. BLUM
Location: CHELSEA, VT

"WORST FURNACE EVER"
FIRST UNIT INSTALLED FEB/2009. 2ND UNIT APRIL 2009. 2ND UNIT STARTED BLOWING COLD AIR LIKE THE FIRST. INSTALLERS CHANGED EVERYTHING UNDER YORK'S GUIDANCE. NOTHING HAS WORKED. THEY CHANGED OUT THE 5 BURNERS. WORKED OK FOR A MONTH NOW BLOWING COLD AIR AGAIN. I HATE YORK. WILL NEVER OWN ONE AGAIN NOR WILL I PURCHASE ANOTHER HOME WITH A YORK SET UP.

Date created: 2011-05-04 Name: Greg
Location: Naperville

"Worst product ever owned"
We moved in our new house back in 2008, which has two York PT9 series furnace. It ran fine for the first winter, but in 2009 and 2010 winter, we have to call emergency repair 5 times! Both furnaces got issues: The blow-up fan died, the flame sensor needs to be replaced, the pressure sensor is broken, etc. It feels like all components in the furnace are falling apart. We spent over $500 in 2009 and $1500 in 2010. Their customer service is crappy, they push you around among different departments. This is absolutely a piece of crap!

Date created: 2011-04-26 Name: John
Location: Akron, Oh

"Junk Pile"
Nothing but problems from day one. Maintained the unit with annual maintenance contracts with one of the best HVAC companies in my area. Despite spending close $200/year for general maintenance contracts, something always seemed to break. The ignitors would last only one season, the blower motor was replaced twice (each time after less than 3 years), evaporator coil started leaking and eventually the circuit board went. The service company said, they typically had more issues with this brand than most others. They recommended Trane, high-end Goodman and some Carrier. Which they service but don't sell, at least they're honest. The furnace is 6 years old and I'm planning on chucking it for one of their recommended systems - results speak for themselves.