Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

Read more about York furnaces

Date created: 2012-02-09 Name: Eddie Eubanks
Location: Yerington Nevada

"Fire Hazard"
I had a house fire June 16, 2006 and lost my house. When the house was rebuilt in 2007 they installed a York propane furnace. The wiring in the furnace has caught fire twice now, is this normal for your furnaces? The first time it was only a few months old and the 120 volt wiring at the ign card burnt the insulation off all the terminals. Repair was done under warranty. Two days ago the wiring caught fire on the door shut main switch and also melted a couple of neutral wires hanging above the switch. I don't know if this happens a lot but after losing a house to a fire it is a little unsettling. You might want to investigate this problem for your future furnaces. Thank you.

Date created: 2012-01-26 Name: S. Peterson
Location: Dayton,OH

"Dual Fuel York"
Backup to our heat pump, quiet and reliable and our energy bill is half what it used to be. Ask about dual fuel, we love it, only use furnace below freezing. Furnace is super efficient at 98 afue, whatever that means.

Date created: 2011-12-31 Name: Stanley R. Castle
Location: New Vineyard, ME

"I fixed my York Furnace myself, simple!"
I hated my York furnace because it so many issues but mainly would fail to start and give me a code for a faulty pressure switch or a rollover switch constantly. I checked everything I was told it could be. I know that if I shut off the main switch and turn it back on the furnace started so I decided on my own to replace the digital thermostat with an old mechanical rotary one and guess what, no more problem. The furnace works great and now gives good heat!

Date created: 2011-12-29 Name: j hanson
Location: guelph ontario canada

"York 4 years old do not buy this name"
Garbage furnace from york please can I have my 33 year coleman furnace back.

Date created: 2011-12-26 Name: Tom/Kelly
Location: Grant, Michigan

"Worked well for 17 winters"
Just replaced our 17 year old York with a new one. In those 17 winters it went thru one main board and three ignitors. Not bad. It is regularly set at about 58 degrees, thus it goes on and off lots and lots of times. The area gets very cold in winter and it is in a modest, well built lakeside cottage. We replaced it due to a carbon monoxide leak (probably a cracked heat exchanger) and the dealer was great. The original York was an okay furnace, and the York company backed it up when it started spewing out carbon monoxide---you can't ask for a better deal than that. I would buy another one.

Date created: 2011-12-24 Name: Ron Weikel
Location: Ohio

"11 Years and It Started to Give Us Trouble"
11 years and it started to give us trouble so I called a service man and he said we had a crack heater chamber. We replaced it with a different model, not a York. After checking the York out all 8 heater chambers had cracks in them some were 4" long. We are very lucky that I can write this review. Never never again will I buy a York.

Date created: 2011-12-20 Name: Stanley R. Castle
Location: New Vineyard, ME

"Home Owner"
This furnace was installed one year ago in our new home and has had one issue after another. I have had different codes and can't depend on the furnace running. After all the issues (still on going), I would recommend anyone who is looking at a York furnace to reconsider! My opinion is they are junk!!!

Date created: 2011-12-16 Name: Suckeredby York
Location: MI

"York - a furnace for those who don't need heat"
We are at the point now where the thing needs to be removed, and we will have to lawyer up and take them to court after buying another brand. DO NOT BUY A YORK FURNACE!!!!!!! It broke EVERY WINTER SINCE INSTALLATION at least one time. This is now the fourth year, and it is unable to heat the house. Has cost hundreds - now over at least 1 thousand (and yes we are keeping detailed logs of not just repairs but also of the "behavior" of this junk pile called a York furnace). Every morning we freeze. The HVAC company we purchased this lemon piece of crap from have been out at least 10 times since the heating season started this year. The YORK tech was out, and does not know what is wrong with this thing. We cancelled vacation plans, can't leave a house that may freeze.

Date created: 2011-12-11 Name: f. emerick
Location: edison,new jersey

"Real junk"
Same part went bad 3 years straight at same time. You could set your watch. Now contractor who installed it went out of business. I'm freezing.

Date created: 2011-11-26 Location: Mankato, Minnesota

"Affinity 8.S Furnace Review"
I bought this furnace brand new last winter (Winter of 2009), mainly because I wanted to convert my commercial building/apartment from LP to gas. I also wanted to save money on my month-to-month heating costs with a higher efficiency model. The first thing I could tell about this furnace was how much quieter it was upstairs and downstairs than my previous model (an older Affinity, don't remember the model number). The heat was noticeably warm and free of any odors. It operated at such an efficiency that I was very impressed at how few and far between I could hear it kick on; it seemed to be running roughly half as often as my older Affinity! This was reflected immediately in the bills I began receiving that winter. My place is very large and relatively expensive to heat. My month-to-month bills went from an average of $250-$275 a month down to never being more than $150. The furnace was a pretty expensive one-time cost that I will be paying off for a little while, but I got some help from the government for making this improvement and in another winter it will have almost paid for itself. I would recommend this furnace very highly to anyone in the market for a new one.