Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2012-11-01 Name: K.Warren
Location: Charlotte,NC

"Terrible Gas Unit"
I had this house built about 7 years ago and this York gas furnace have been nothing but trouble. Just today I had to replace the control board, at a cost of $536.76. Every service technician have told me if I want to ever change out the unit, don't ever buy a York!! I will take their advice!

Date created: 2012-10-29 Name: phathom35
Location: Toronto Ontario

"I am a vendor for York-keeprite furnaces and AC's"
I am a York-keeprite unit salesman, and I've noticed that a lot of people have had some really bad experiences with York products, I'm not one to disagree but I am gonna say this, York has improved 99.9% with parts and labor, its 2012, York doesn't disappoint!!

Date created: 2012-10-27 Name: Kari McGee
Location: Portland, OR

"Piece of Junk!"
We installed our York Affinity 9.c Series 96% High Efficiency furnace in August of 2008 and have now had it "fixed" three times. It worked for 2 heating seasons but each subsequent fall when we turn the heat back on in October, it doesn't work. Initial problem has been local service men who don't know much about high efficiency furnaces and told us it was the pressure switch, but we just got a York specialist out who told us we needed an "upgrade kit" which improves the electric communication system. This kit costs $1100. So basically there is enough of a problem with this furnace that the company has created a fix but instead of admitting the faulty manufacturing of the unit, they call it an "upgrade" and demand you pay $1000 if you want your 2 year old furnace to do what it's supposed to do. This is insane.

Date created: 2012-10-15 Name: Karen K
Location: Columbia Heights MN

"Worst furnace ever"
My furnace is 5 years old. {builder installed} I bought the extended warranty and am I glad I did. I have had thousands of dollars worth of work done. I have had 2 blowers, the a/c was recalled, new circuit board, new switch, motor mounts and on and on. I live in Minnesota and am a senior citizen so I need my heat. I have it serviced in the fall and spring and had to replace a heating element the first year but nothing ever shows under routine maintenance. I had to go to the hospital and had a sensor put on but lived in fear. I can't take a winter vacation!!! Bad news...never again! My dealer had no emergency service this weekend also.

Date created: 2012-08-14 Name: Marie Kelley

"Furnace"
Great product! Will definitely recommend to family and friends, in fact I have already! Would buy York products again.

Date created: 2012-06-24 Name: Veronica Bruce
Location: South Lake Tahoe

"York HVAC Serial W0G7026460"
Installed Oct 2008, Freon replaced 8/2011 $294. Valves leaking, freon gone May 2012 $844. York doesn't care, no warranty. There is a class action suit forming against york on complaints.com. please sign up if you have paid for repairs that york has ignored. York blames their units problems on the installer, they have no warranty and we need to join up and get back companies who have warranties. We can all get rid of york if we join in together, power of the people!!

Date created: 2012-06-21 Name: Corey
Location: Nebraska

"Excellent Equipment- MADE IN THE USA"
I have to agree with the gentlemen below. We carry a few different brands of equipment. York is our best seller largely because our customers appreciate that this product is built 100% in the usa. One plant in Wichita, ks and the other in Norman, ok. York builds a great product. That said, homeowners that are in the market for new equipment should spend more time finding a quality installation company instead of stressing over brand. Installation, Installation, Installation. It's all that matters. There are few companies that do it right and several that don'T.

Date created: 2012-04-26 Name: A Greer
Location: Eureka, CA

"Always Breaking Down. Don't Buy York"
This unit has worked for a maximum of 5-6 months before pressure switches "stick open" or "closed" Have had everything replaced and it still breaks down. First time -had no furnace for 6 weeks in the middle of winter. York offered an extended warranty but this unit has major design problems. If I could, I would remove and put it on a pallet and ship it Johnson Controls and tell them where they can put it. They should have given us a new furnace- the problem is it is made by York. Don't buy York.

Date created: 2012-04-08 Name: J. Wellington
Location: Kansas city Kansas

"Great furnace"
I Love this unit, We have owned it ten years and not on problem. Before we had a Tempstar unit and loads of problems. We are adding a addition to our house and thought I would look at the York reviews. I was shocked to see so many bad reviews but then I looked at other brands and they all have some horror story. I think we will probably still go with York because of our previous luck with this brand.

Date created: 2012-03-28 Name: Dissatisfied
Location: WA

"York High Efficiency Model"
We've had this unit since 11/08 and it repeatedly stops working. We've had no less than 10 services calls starting less than 30 days after the install when the ignitor went out. Then the blower, valves, switches, transducers and board all had to be replaced. Our installer now has said they can no longer stand behind the York product and future services calls will be billed at $140 per hour! Should never have bought this unit.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>