Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

Read more about York furnaces

Date created: 2012-03-28 Name: Dissatisfied
Location: WA

"York High Efficiency Model"
We've had this unit since 11/08 and it repeatedly stops working. We've had no less than 10 services calls starting less than 30 days after the install when the ignitor went out. Then the blower, valves, switches, transducers and board all had to be replaced. Our installer now has said they can no longer stand behind the York product and future services calls will be billed at $140 per hour! Should never have bought this unit.

Date created: 2012-03-18 Name: Brad S.
Location: Covington, KY

"Expensive but Nice"
We just replaced our old system with a York, contractor recommended their 98 model. It's really quiet and we've had no problems. It was more than we expected but was the cheapest quote we received out of three.

Date created: 2012-02-11 Name: Brian M.
Location: Wisconsin

"20 years old and still going"
This is a 60k btu Fraser Johnston made by York. It is 20 years old. In its day it was the bmw of furnaces at 90% eff. When the burners light off it is pretty loud. The igniter glow plug went at 15 years and this past summer the main blower motor went. I replaced both itms at minimail cost. It is still going.

Date created: 2012-02-09 Name: Eddie Eubanks
Location: Yerington Nevada

"Fire Hazard"
I had a house fire June 16, 2006 and lost my house. When the house was rebuilt in 2007 they installed a York propane furnace. The wiring in the furnace has caught fire twice now, is this normal for your furnaces? The first time it was only a few months old and the 120 volt wiring at the ign card burnt the insulation off all the terminals. Repair was done under warranty. Two days ago the wiring caught fire on the door shut main switch and also melted a couple of neutral wires hanging above the switch. I don't know if this happens a lot but after losing a house to a fire it is a little unsettling. You might want to investigate this problem for your future furnaces. Thank you.

Date created: 2012-01-26 Name: S. Peterson
Location: Dayton,OH

"Dual Fuel York"
Backup to our heat pump, quiet and reliable and our energy bill is half what it used to be. Ask about dual fuel, we love it, only use furnace below freezing. Furnace is super efficient at 98 afue, whatever that means.

Date created: 2011-12-31 Name: Stanley R. Castle
Location: New Vineyard, ME

"I fixed my York Furnace myself, simple!"
I hated my York furnace because it so many issues but mainly would fail to start and give me a code for a faulty pressure switch or a rollover switch constantly. I checked everything I was told it could be. I know that if I shut off the main switch and turn it back on the furnace started so I decided on my own to replace the digital thermostat with an old mechanical rotary one and guess what, no more problem. The furnace works great and now gives good heat!

Date created: 2011-12-29 Name: j hanson
Location: guelph ontario canada

"York 4 years old do not buy this name"
Garbage furnace from york please can I have my 33 year coleman furnace back.

Date created: 2011-12-26 Name: Tom/Kelly
Location: Grant, Michigan

"Worked well for 17 winters"
Just replaced our 17 year old York with a new one. In those 17 winters it went thru one main board and three ignitors. Not bad. It is regularly set at about 58 degrees, thus it goes on and off lots and lots of times. The area gets very cold in winter and it is in a modest, well built lakeside cottage. We replaced it due to a carbon monoxide leak (probably a cracked heat exchanger) and the dealer was great. The original York was an okay furnace, and the York company backed it up when it started spewing out carbon monoxide---you can't ask for a better deal than that. I would buy another one.

Date created: 2011-12-24 Name: Ron Weikel
Location: Ohio

"11 Years and It Started to Give Us Trouble"
11 years and it started to give us trouble so I called a service man and he said we had a crack heater chamber. We replaced it with a different model, not a York. After checking the York out all 8 heater chambers had cracks in them some were 4" long. We are very lucky that I can write this review. Never never again will I buy a York.

Date created: 2011-12-20 Name: Stanley R. Castle
Location: New Vineyard, ME

"Home Owner"
This furnace was installed one year ago in our new home and has had one issue after another. I have had different codes and can't depend on the furnace running. After all the issues (still on going), I would recommend anyone who is looking at a York furnace to reconsider! My opinion is they are junk!!!