Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

Read more about York furnaces

Date created: 2011-12-24 Name: Ron Weikel
Location: Ohio

"11 Years and It Started to Give Us Trouble"
11 years and it started to give us trouble so I called a service man and he said we had a crack heater chamber. We replaced it with a different model, not a York. After checking the York out all 8 heater chambers had cracks in them some were 4" long. We are very lucky that I can write this review. Never never again will I buy a York.

Date created: 2011-12-20 Name: Stanley R. Castle
Location: New Vineyard, ME

"Home Owner"
This furnace was installed one year ago in our new home and has had one issue after another. I have had different codes and can't depend on the furnace running. After all the issues (still on going), I would recommend anyone who is looking at a York furnace to reconsider! My opinion is they are junk!!!

Date created: 2011-12-16 Name: Suckeredby York
Location: MI

"York - a furnace for those who don't need heat"
We are at the point now where the thing needs to be removed, and we will have to lawyer up and take them to court after buying another brand. DO NOT BUY A YORK FURNACE!!!!!!! It broke EVERY WINTER SINCE INSTALLATION at least one time. This is now the fourth year, and it is unable to heat the house. Has cost hundreds - now over at least 1 thousand (and yes we are keeping detailed logs of not just repairs but also of the "behavior" of this junk pile called a York furnace). Every morning we freeze. The HVAC company we purchased this lemon piece of crap from have been out at least 10 times since the heating season started this year. The YORK tech was out, and does not know what is wrong with this thing. We cancelled vacation plans, can't leave a house that may freeze.

Date created: 2011-12-11 Name: f. emerick
Location: edison,new jersey

"Real junk"
Same part went bad 3 years straight at same time. You could set your watch. Now contractor who installed it went out of business. I'm freezing.

Date created: 2011-11-26 Location: Mankato, Minnesota

"Affinity 8.S Furnace Review"
I bought this furnace brand new last winter (Winter of 2009), mainly because I wanted to convert my commercial building/apartment from LP to gas. I also wanted to save money on my month-to-month heating costs with a higher efficiency model. The first thing I could tell about this furnace was how much quieter it was upstairs and downstairs than my previous model (an older Affinity, don't remember the model number). The heat was noticeably warm and free of any odors. It operated at such an efficiency that I was very impressed at how few and far between I could hear it kick on; it seemed to be running roughly half as often as my older Affinity! This was reflected immediately in the bills I began receiving that winter. My place is very large and relatively expensive to heat. My month-to-month bills went from an average of $250-$275 a month down to never being more than $150. The furnace was a pretty expensive one-time cost that I will be paying off for a little while, but I got some help from the government for making this improvement and in another winter it will have almost paid for itself. I would recommend this furnace very highly to anyone in the market for a new one.

Date created: 2011-11-04 Name: John
Location: Denver

York P2MPD14N08001B forced air gas furnace is Junk. Has needed service every other year. Have payed 6X the purchase price in ongoing repairs. Don't waste your money!

Date created: 2011-07-19 Name: S. Dougan
Location: Spokane, WA

"I sleep with a jet engine!"
My husband and I bought a new home -- loose term for PoS building--that included, amongst many other low and bad quality equipment and workmanship, a York furnace. It runs without problems and we had a humidifier + electronic air cleaner added because of the environment we live in--Spokane, WA. I have never heard a furnace that is so noisy in my 54 years of life! The master bedroom happens to have three of the closest vents to the furnace and when it comes on, especially during the night, it sounds like you're standing behind a jet getting ready for take- off. It is important that we run the fan regularly because we have a radon gas abatement system that works by air pressure, forcing the air to exchange from the basement to the outside. I absolutely hate this pos and would never buy another, or another home with one in it!

Date created: 2011-06-28 Name: John
Location: Ohio

"Never again"
Built a new house and had a York system installed. The system lasted 4 years before it became so expensive to repair that we replaced with a new system(Trane). The York system was OK for the first two years then everything started falling apart. Ignitors, Capacitor, Blower, Compressor, coils, your name it, seemed like major parts were failing a couple times a year. No warranty follow through. We heard that bad installs are often the reason for issues, so we hired the best local company to replace. The did a complete assessment and found everything to specifications and even commented that the prior equipment was installed correctly. Oh well. We had also used this company to do all the repair work. The new installer was very clear in stating that they get most of their repair business from York and said that if you want to get solid equipment but Carrier or Trane, but stay away from the their lower tier'd equipment.

Date created: 2011-06-27 Name: mstrmstr
Location: Indiana

"Great furnace"
Having said that- My york furnace was installed in 2003 with no problems. I did have a service call but to my chagrin it was not furnace related, but SNOW covering the air intake on my roof. Cooling unit has run like a swiss watch too. The key is a good installer. You need one to evaluate unit and replace bad or incorrect parts on startup. My guy noticed a error code but it was no more than a loosened control board from shipping. Also use standard filters instead of "hepa" or "ultra" which will cause airflow problems in the more efficient furnaces.

Date created: 2011-06-16 Location: Salem, Or.

"Oldie But goodie!"
Grandpa bought the furnace in 1990. What we like about it: We pay upfront for the oil. What we don't like about it: It is an oil furnace so it is expensive considering the price of oil has gone up in the last years. Three years ago, when we moved back into the house, it wasn't running because of lack of use. We had to have it serviced and cleaned. It has run fine since that time. While grandma was living with us, we used it a lot to keep her warm. She has passed and we don't use it much because of the expense. We would buy the same brand again if the price was right. We aren't brand loyal, so whatever we could get that worked fine and at the right price would be the one we would buy.