Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2012-11-20 Name: Shirley Atkins
Location: Rochester, NY

"York Products are Junk"
This unit is junk. Have had it serviced at least twice a year since it was installed. The blower had to be replaced, the inducer motor had to be replaced twice, 3 pressure switches had to be replaced along with various other parts. Had this unit less than 6 years and will never buy another York product.

Date created: 2012-11-16 Name: Robert B
Location: Roanoke Va

"York Gas Furnace"
I had my home built 6 years ago and the builder installed a York furnace. The unit worked fine for the first three years. After than I have had to replace the inducer motor, igniter amd control board twice. Once under warranty (2009) and then again in 2011 at my expense $1600. When I started to run my furnace this year I woke up one cold morning with no heat! The service tech came and informed me that once again the inducer motor was bad and he suspected there was more wrong. I wasn't about to spend more good money on a bad investment. I had them replace the York junk with a Trane. I will never have anything built by York in my home again.

Date created: 2012-11-01 Name: K.Warren
Location: Charlotte,NC

"Terrible Gas Unit"
I had this house built about 7 years ago and this York gas furnace have been nothing but trouble. Just today I had to replace the control board, at a cost of $536.76. Every service technician have told me if I want to ever change out the unit, don't ever buy a York!! I will take their advice!

Date created: 2012-10-29 Name: phathom35
Location: Toronto Ontario

"I am a vendor for York-keeprite furnaces and AC's"
I am a York-keeprite unit salesman, and I've noticed that a lot of people have had some really bad experiences with York products, I'm not one to disagree but I am gonna say this, York has improved 99.9% with parts and labor, its 2012, York doesn't disappoint!!

Date created: 2012-10-27 Name: Kari McGee
Location: Portland, OR

"Piece of Junk!"
We installed our York Affinity 9.c Series 96% High Efficiency furnace in August of 2008 and have now had it "fixed" three times. It worked for 2 heating seasons but each subsequent fall when we turn the heat back on in October, it doesn't work. Initial problem has been local service men who don't know much about high efficiency furnaces and told us it was the pressure switch, but we just got a York specialist out who told us we needed an "upgrade kit" which improves the electric communication system. This kit costs $1100. So basically there is enough of a problem with this furnace that the company has created a fix but instead of admitting the faulty manufacturing of the unit, they call it an "upgrade" and demand you pay $1000 if you want your 2 year old furnace to do what it's supposed to do. This is insane.

Date created: 2012-10-15 Name: Karen K
Location: Columbia Heights MN

"Worst furnace ever"
My furnace is 5 years old. {builder installed} I bought the extended warranty and am I glad I did. I have had thousands of dollars worth of work done. I have had 2 blowers, the a/c was recalled, new circuit board, new switch, motor mounts and on and on. I live in Minnesota and am a senior citizen so I need my heat. I have it serviced in the fall and spring and had to replace a heating element the first year but nothing ever shows under routine maintenance. I had to go to the hospital and had a sensor put on but lived in fear. I can't take a winter vacation!!! Bad news...never again! My dealer had no emergency service this weekend also.

Date created: 2012-08-14 Name: Marie Kelley

"Furnace"
Great product! Will definitely recommend to family and friends, in fact I have already! Would buy York products again.

Date created: 2012-06-24 Name: Veronica Bruce
Location: South Lake Tahoe

"York HVAC Serial W0G7026460"
Installed Oct 2008, Freon replaced 8/2011 $294. Valves leaking, freon gone May 2012 $844. York doesn't care, no warranty. There is a class action suit forming against york on complaints.com. please sign up if you have paid for repairs that york has ignored. York blames their units problems on the installer, they have no warranty and we need to join up and get back companies who have warranties. We can all get rid of york if we join in together, power of the people!!

Date created: 2012-06-21 Name: Corey
Location: Nebraska

"Excellent Equipment- MADE IN THE USA"
I have to agree with the gentlemen below. We carry a few different brands of equipment. York is our best seller largely because our customers appreciate that this product is built 100% in the usa. One plant in Wichita, ks and the other in Norman, ok. York builds a great product. That said, homeowners that are in the market for new equipment should spend more time finding a quality installation company instead of stressing over brand. Installation, Installation, Installation. It's all that matters. There are few companies that do it right and several that don'T.

Date created: 2012-04-26 Name: A Greer
Location: Eureka, CA

"Always Breaking Down. Don't Buy York"
This unit has worked for a maximum of 5-6 months before pressure switches "stick open" or "closed" Have had everything replaced and it still breaks down. First time -had no furnace for 6 weeks in the middle of winter. York offered an extended warranty but this unit has major design problems. If I could, I would remove and put it on a pallet and ship it Johnson Controls and tell them where they can put it. They should have given us a new furnace- the problem is it is made by York. Don't buy York.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>