Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

Read more about York furnaces

Date created: 2013-01-26 Name: dana jones
Location: Minooka Illinois

"York infinity high efficiency"
This was installed 4 years ago, several thousand dollars. It breaks down on average of 4 times a year, three times in last 6 months, now today again broke down, 14 degrees out. Do we consumers have rights when it comes to a lemon??? York never again.

Date created: 2012-12-17 Name: Rayman Joshi
Location: Calgary, AB Canada

"York - High Efficiency - Terrible!!!"
3 visits to try to fix. Will not maintain heat. 1. Have had the limit switch replaced. 2. Have had the control board switched out. 3. Another visit - can't remember what was done during that initial visit. (issues starting from just under year 2) Having issues again this year. Have had the unit 5 years.

Date created: 2012-11-20 Name: Shirley Atkins
Location: Rochester, NY

"York Products are Junk"
This unit is junk. Have had it serviced at least twice a year since it was installed. The blower had to be replaced, the inducer motor had to be replaced twice, 3 pressure switches had to be replaced along with various other parts. Had this unit less than 6 years and will never buy another York product.

Date created: 2012-11-16 Name: Robert B
Location: Roanoke Va

"York Gas Furnace"
I had my home built 6 years ago and the builder installed a York furnace. The unit worked fine for the first three years. After than I have had to replace the inducer motor, igniter amd control board twice. Once under warranty (2009) and then again in 2011 at my expense $1600. When I started to run my furnace this year I woke up one cold morning with no heat! The service tech came and informed me that once again the inducer motor was bad and he suspected there was more wrong. I wasn't about to spend more good money on a bad investment. I had them replace the York junk with a Trane. I will never have anything built by York in my home again.

Date created: 2012-11-01 Name: K.Warren
Location: Charlotte,NC

"Terrible Gas Unit"
I had this house built about 7 years ago and this York gas furnace have been nothing but trouble. Just today I had to replace the control board, at a cost of $536.76. Every service technician have told me if I want to ever change out the unit, don't ever buy a York!! I will take their advice!

Date created: 2012-10-29 Name: phathom35
Location: Toronto Ontario

"I am a vendor for York-keeprite furnaces and AC's"
I am a York-keeprite unit salesman, and I've noticed that a lot of people have had some really bad experiences with York products, I'm not one to disagree but I am gonna say this, York has improved 99.9% with parts and labor, its 2012, York doesn't disappoint!!

Date created: 2012-10-27 Name: Kari McGee
Location: Portland, OR

"Piece of Junk!"
We installed our York Affinity 9.c Series 96% High Efficiency furnace in August of 2008 and have now had it "fixed" three times. It worked for 2 heating seasons but each subsequent fall when we turn the heat back on in October, it doesn't work. Initial problem has been local service men who don't know much about high efficiency furnaces and told us it was the pressure switch, but we just got a York specialist out who told us we needed an "upgrade kit" which improves the electric communication system. This kit costs $1100. So basically there is enough of a problem with this furnace that the company has created a fix but instead of admitting the faulty manufacturing of the unit, they call it an "upgrade" and demand you pay $1000 if you want your 2 year old furnace to do what it's supposed to do. This is insane.

Date created: 2012-10-15 Name: Karen K
Location: Columbia Heights MN

"Worst furnace ever"
My furnace is 5 years old. {builder installed} I bought the extended warranty and am I glad I did. I have had thousands of dollars worth of work done. I have had 2 blowers, the a/c was recalled, new circuit board, new switch, motor mounts and on and on. I live in Minnesota and am a senior citizen so I need my heat. I have it serviced in the fall and spring and had to replace a heating element the first year but nothing ever shows under routine maintenance. I had to go to the hospital and had a sensor put on but lived in fear. I can't take a winter vacation!!! Bad news...never again! My dealer had no emergency service this weekend also.

Date created: 2012-08-14 Name: Marie Kelley

"Furnace"
Great product! Will definitely recommend to family and friends, in fact I have already! Would buy York products again.

Date created: 2012-06-24 Name: Veronica Bruce
Location: South Lake Tahoe

"York HVAC Serial W0G7026460"
Installed Oct 2008, Freon replaced 8/2011 $294. Valves leaking, freon gone May 2012 $844. York doesn't care, no warranty. There is a class action suit forming against york on complaints.com. please sign up if you have paid for repairs that york has ignored. York blames their units problems on the installer, they have no warranty and we need to join up and get back companies who have warranties. We can all get rid of york if we join in together, power of the people!!