Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

Read more about York furnaces

Date created: 2013-03-12 Name: RG
Location: Sanford, NV

"Horrible!"
Outdoor heating and air unit nothing but trouble and only 6 years old. New unit being installed Monday by reputable company, and yes, it will not be a York

Date created: 2013-02-22 Name: bewley

"York Furnace"
Purchased in 2010 has broke down every year and is still not fixed. I have been robbed of 7,500 and no one will do anything about it. Installer will not even answer phone.

Date created: 2013-02-08 Name: K FORBES
Location: Tornoto,Canada

"NEVER BUY A YORK"
This gas furnaces breaks down several times a winter.im so sick of waking up to a cold house NEVER BUY A YORK

Date created: 2013-02-08 Name: Joe DeCosta
Location: New Jersey

"York products are junk"
I replaced my Lennox heater with a York gy9s approximately 6 years ago. From the day I install, it has been a problem. Coldest night of the year, a vacuum valve stuck causing no heat. a year later the blower fan blew apart during a major cold front (2 degree weather for 5 straight days). Part was under warranty but York would not policy adjust the labor. I came home last night to the house at 50 degrees and vibrating. Again, York piece of crap blower blew apart! I had previously contacted York and they were the most arrogant, ignorant, non customer service company that I have ever dealt with. I'm in my 25th year of customer service so my expectation level may be high but to have York basically tell me to pound sand was over the top of crappy customer service. Now that I have to replace this part again tells me that the product is absolute junk and the "fine" folks at York won't stand behind their product. Other reviews criticize the installers but since this is a sealed unit, there is absolutely no way that it is an installer issue. Bottom line, don't piss your money away, stay away from York products.

Date created: 2013-01-26 Name: dana jones
Location: Minooka Illinois

"York infinity high efficiency"
This was installed 4 years ago, several thousand dollars. It breaks down on average of 4 times a year, three times in last 6 months, now today again broke down, 14 degrees out. Do we consumers have rights when it comes to a lemon??? York never again.

Date created: 2012-12-17 Name: Rayman Joshi
Location: Calgary, AB Canada

"York - High Efficiency - Terrible!!!"
3 visits to try to fix. Will not maintain heat. 1. Have had the limit switch replaced. 2. Have had the control board switched out. 3. Another visit - can't remember what was done during that initial visit. (issues starting from just under year 2) Having issues again this year. Have had the unit 5 years.

Date created: 2012-11-20 Name: Shirley Atkins
Location: Rochester, NY

"York Products are Junk"
This unit is junk. Have had it serviced at least twice a year since it was installed. The blower had to be replaced, the inducer motor had to be replaced twice, 3 pressure switches had to be replaced along with various other parts. Had this unit less than 6 years and will never buy another York product.

Date created: 2012-11-16 Name: Robert B
Location: Roanoke Va

"York Gas Furnace"
I had my home built 6 years ago and the builder installed a York furnace. The unit worked fine for the first three years. After than I have had to replace the inducer motor, igniter amd control board twice. Once under warranty (2009) and then again in 2011 at my expense $1600. When I started to run my furnace this year I woke up one cold morning with no heat! The service tech came and informed me that once again the inducer motor was bad and he suspected there was more wrong. I wasn't about to spend more good money on a bad investment. I had them replace the York junk with a Trane. I will never have anything built by York in my home again.

Date created: 2012-11-01 Name: K.Warren
Location: Charlotte,NC

"Terrible Gas Unit"
I had this house built about 7 years ago and this York gas furnace have been nothing but trouble. Just today I had to replace the control board, at a cost of $536.76. Every service technician have told me if I want to ever change out the unit, don't ever buy a York!! I will take their advice!

Date created: 2012-10-29 Name: phathom35
Location: Toronto Ontario

"I am a vendor for York-keeprite furnaces and AC's"
I am a York-keeprite unit salesman, and I've noticed that a lot of people have had some really bad experiences with York products, I'm not one to disagree but I am gonna say this, York has improved 99.9% with parts and labor, its 2012, York doesn't disappoint!!