Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2015-06-18 Name: G Holloway
Location: United States

"Easy going"
As a homeowner we look for ways to lower our monthly bills without compromising the comfort in our homes. Well here is a way to do that and enjoy the fruits of it for years to come. It works quietly and effortlessly and looks sleek as well. Financially stretch to get that which gives for years to come.

Date created: 2015-06-05 Name: Sharon A.
Location: New Jersey

"New furnace, AC unit, and water heater"
Design Temp sold and installed the furnace, AC unit and water heater. My furnace and AC unit were close to 30 years old and the water heater was over 7 years old. With the rebates, it was worth it to replace everything. The AC unit is Coleman, the water heater is A.O. Smith, and the furnace is York. The contractor was highly recommended by a friend, and deservedly so. They were very professional and did excellent work.

Date created: 2015-02-24 Name: Judy Schreiber
Location: Granbury, TX

"Beware of this furnace"
The York furnace was installed December, 2013, new as part of a Deluxe system using a heat pump with propane backup heat. The first winter we had problems with the unit failing to ignite reliably. We had multiple service calls with multiple parts replaced. Finally, in February it worked as it was supposed to. Now we are in the second winter with the same problems as last winter. A second tech came today and ordered a new gas valve that is part of the furnace, saying it opens too slow, not letting in enough gas. However, yesterday a different tech was here and cleaned the flame regulator. It worked fine until this morning. It would not fire at all. We are extremely exasperated to have spent $10,000 for a furnace that is not dependable. I would not recommend it.

Date created: 2015-02-20 Name: Lori L
Location: Northern Ontario, Canada

"Satisfied with furnace"
I purchase and installed a York furnace about a month ago. It sufficiently heats my house even on the coldest nights of winter. The only thing that concerns me is I find it loud when the dual stage fan starts.

Date created: 2015-02-07 Name: O. Iny
Location: Queens, NY

"York Climaster heating furnace"
I have had a York model UG 105D furnace since May 1980. It only required a $500 electronic module in 2001. it has been working extremely well since I installed it.

Date created: 2015-02-04 Name: Jim Guthrie
Location: Kingdom City, MO

"York Guardian furnace"
I like the compact size and the efficient operation. It allowed for installation of an a/c coil above it as well as a heat exchanger for the outdoor Acme 340 wood furnace. I have noticed more vibration in the floor directly above this unit, but that may be due to radical changes (new ductwork, upflow vs. Old downflow). The vibration is probably not any worse than any other furnace fan would produce.

Date created: 2015-01-16 Name: F. Nash
Location: Pueblo, CO

"New furnace"
Our furnace quit during very cold weather. We called Chief Reno of Thunder Construction. We had seen his ad in the newspaper, and we had a very good recommendation regarding him from a friend and local business owner. He came right out and was able to do something to make our furnace run for two more days until the new equipment could arrive and be installed. After the installation he followed up to see if we had any questions and helped us get acquainted with the new furnace and the new thermostat. We were very happy working with him. He was very professional, and we would call him again.

Date created: 2015-01-12 Name: katy sims
Location: wichita kansas

"Good furnace"
I just had this furnace installed. It's quiet and keeps the house at an even temperature.

Date created: 2014-12-31 Name: ROBERT LANGLAND
Location: Holcombe, WI

"Love it!"
I am extremely satisfied. The unit gives instant heat and is quiet.

Date created: 2014-12-28 Name: Jackie
Location: Papillion, NE

"Terrible furnace!"
We have a 4-year-old furnace. We just got the compressor replaced last month because it quit working. Now, it will not keep our house heated and the thermostat keeps falling below what the temperature is set at. We have to keep flipping the on/off switch on the unit to get it to fire and heat the house again! Such a piece of junk! Last time the cost was $300 in labor because it is under manufacturer's warranty for parts only. I don't even want to know what this next service call will cost! I will be calling York to find out what they can do to rectify this situation, but based on other posts, likely nothing.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>