Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

Read more about York furnaces

Date created: 2014-12-12 Name: Katie Ladd
Location: Canada

"Great furnace!"
The furnace burns well and without a bad smell of propane. The house heats up very quickly and we are all very satisfied with the York brand of furnace. We will not use an oil furnace again. Propane is the way to go!

Date created: 2014-12-05 Name: don jackson
Location: Toronto, Ontario

"HVAC contractor"
I'm a licensed HVAC contractor. This is only one of a few times that I've had to deal with York, and they've been consistently bad on service. I checked by phone for stock on a replacement motor, which they supposedly had stocked at the branch. The next day, I went there and I was told they have no stock. It's an OEM, odd-ball motor, so I doubt they suddenly had a run on that motor before I got there. Anyway, I ordered it and waited a few days for it to arrive at the store, but then had to wait some more because their computer was down. Also, I didn't appreciate having to wait forever for slow counter service. The counter guy said it's always like that at their branch. Their services when phoning in was equally bad, and the crappy depressing music with a depressed woman saying to hold while waiting didn't help. Overall, I wouldn't deal with them unless I really had to. Having dealt with other HVAC suppliers regularly, I know what to expect and this company, York International, doesn't seem to live up to the Johnson Controls brand image.

Date created: 2014-11-13 Name: James Bronk
Location: Ashland, OR

"Poor installation. Satisfactory equipment."
York equipment appears to work as advertised. Installer in southern Oregon (Lam-Air) did not perform to satisfactory standard, requiring multiple return visits to get all units operating correctly.

Date created: 2014-11-04 Name: L. Sonsini

"Cracked drain pan on a 2010 York furnace. Is there a recall or not?"
There is a water leak in the basement coming from a 4-year-old York furnace purchased in 2010. The service man stated that the clear plastic drain pans were recalled because they all cracked. His company (that installed the furnace) won't admit to this and wants to charge me for the service call. Sorry, not on location to provide the furnace specs. Is this item recalled or not?

Date created: 2014-10-22 Name: Mike Lawson
Location: Washoe Valley, NV

"Reno Heating awesome serivce"
Just installed a new York gas furnace to replace our aging oil burner and we are completely satisfied with the new unit. We received incredible service from Reno Heating on the installation. Highly recommend Reno Heating if you need a new furnace.

Date created: 2014-04-14 Name: Maridon
Location: Edmonton, Alberta

"Don't buy York"
Broke down once on the 1st year it was installed. Three times on the 2nd year. Cost me around $800 for parts, labor and repair. This year, it's only April and so far, it already broke down twice. This should serve as a big red flag to those people wanting to buy or replace their furnace. Never buy York. It is a piece of junk!

Date created: 2014-02-26 Name: Mike O'Donnell
Location: Fox Creek AB Canada

"Very noisy fan"
I had my Affinity 9.m installed 5 years ago. Right from the start the fan made a lot of noise on start up. Once the fan motor goes to a higher speed (it has 5 speeds) the fan makes less noise but is never quiet. In the first few months the installer replaced the motor twice, and the whole electronic and fan assembly once. The noise still continued. The York rep in Edmonton says that the fan noise is caused by a fried diode on the motor low speed which he blames on my house having "dirty power", though a check by the power company found no issues. I would NEVER buy another York furnace, I wish I still had my old "quiet" Lennox.

Date created: 2014-02-04 Name: Steve W.
Location: Bear, Delaware

"Don't choose York"
Just had the pressure switch replaced on my unit last Wednesday. (I always have a spare!) This is the second time in three years. The house is only 6 years old. The compressor fan blade had to be replaced over the summer, too. That took three tries before a balanced blade was shipped from York. Never again!!!

Date created: 2014-01-27 Name: Matt Robinon
Location: Ontario

I have the same switch problem once a month for the last two winters. Don't buy a York. Garbage on all levels.

Date created: 2014-01-16 Name: John Wilson
Location: Henrico VA

"Unnecessary complete assembly replacement"
The York Affinity 9.t Series is a natural gas furnace that is relatively efficient and has worked well for us. However, the squirrel cage inducer blower wheel has broken twice in the last five years. This is about a $20 part; however, the service company, Delta Temp, claims that they cannot just replace the wheel but are required to replace the entire inducer assembly which costs $440. The resulting bill of $705 seems excessive to replace a one small part. If the York company policy is to require complete assembly replacement even when only a single part is defective, then potential York customers should be aware that repairs could cost more than necessary. Unfortunately, during the winter one does not have the option to shop around for parts while the furnace is down. -John Wilson in Henrico, Virginia.