Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

Read more about York furnaces

Date created: 2015-01-12 Name: katy sims
Location: wichita kansas

"Good furnace"
I just had this furnace installed. It's quiet and keeps the house at an even temperature.

Date created: 2014-12-31 Name: ROBERT LANGLAND
Location: Holcombe, WI

"Love it!"
I am extremely satisfied. The unit gives instant heat and is quiet.

Date created: 2014-12-28 Name: Jackie
Location: Papillion, NE

"Terrible furnace!"
We have a 4-year-old furnace. We just got the compressor replaced last month because it quit working. Now, it will not keep our house heated and the thermostat keeps falling below what the temperature is set at. We have to keep flipping the on/off switch on the unit to get it to fire and heat the house again! Such a piece of junk! Last time the cost was $300 in labor because it is under manufacturer's warranty for parts only. I don't even want to know what this next service call will cost! I will be calling York to find out what they can do to rectify this situation, but based on other posts, likely nothing.

Date created: 2014-12-16 Name: Jack Nicolson
Location: Chilliwack, B.C.

"Outside pipe"
The 2-inch pipe from the furnace is attached to the side of the house and discharges the vapor towards the back yard. Otherwise we are pleased with the installation.

Date created: 2014-12-12 Name: Katie Ladd
Location: Canada

"Great furnace!"
The furnace burns well and without a bad smell of propane. The house heats up very quickly and we are all very satisfied with the York brand of furnace. We will not use an oil furnace again. Propane is the way to go!

Date created: 2014-12-05 Name: don jackson
Location: Toronto, Ontario

"HVAC contractor"
I'm a licensed HVAC contractor. This is only one of a few times that I've had to deal with York, and they've been consistently bad on service. I checked by phone for stock on a replacement motor, which they supposedly had stocked at the branch. The next day, I went there and I was told they have no stock. It's an OEM, odd-ball motor, so I doubt they suddenly had a run on that motor before I got there. Anyway, I ordered it and waited a few days for it to arrive at the store, but then had to wait some more because their computer was down. Also, I didn't appreciate having to wait forever for slow counter service. The counter guy said it's always like that at their branch. Their services when phoning in was equally bad, and the crappy depressing music with a depressed woman saying to hold while waiting didn't help. Overall, I wouldn't deal with them unless I really had to. Having dealt with other HVAC suppliers regularly, I know what to expect and this company, York International, doesn't seem to live up to the Johnson Controls brand image.

Date created: 2014-11-13 Name: James Bronk
Location: Ashland, OR

"Poor installation. Satisfactory equipment."
York equipment appears to work as advertised. Installer in southern Oregon (Lam-Air) did not perform to satisfactory standard, requiring multiple return visits to get all units operating correctly.

Date created: 2014-11-04 Name: L. Sonsini

"Cracked drain pan on a 2010 York furnace. Is there a recall or not?"
There is a water leak in the basement coming from a 4-year-old York furnace purchased in 2010. The service man stated that the clear plastic drain pans were recalled because they all cracked. His company (that installed the furnace) won't admit to this and wants to charge me for the service call. Sorry, not on location to provide the furnace specs. Is this item recalled or not?

Date created: 2014-10-22 Name: Mike Lawson
Location: Washoe Valley, NV

"Reno Heating awesome serivce"
Just installed a new York gas furnace to replace our aging oil burner and we are completely satisfied with the new unit. We received incredible service from Reno Heating on the installation. Highly recommend Reno Heating if you need a new furnace.

Date created: 2014-04-14 Name: Maridon
Location: Edmonton, Alberta

"Don't buy York"
Broke down once on the 1st year it was installed. Three times on the 2nd year. Cost me around $800 for parts, labor and repair. This year, it's only April and so far, it already broke down twice. This should serve as a big red flag to those people wanting to buy or replace their furnace. Never buy York. It is a piece of junk!