Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

Read more about York furnaces

Date created: 2015-11-20 Name: Larry Shafer
Location: Kansas City, MO

"My 2 new York furnaces."
My house was heated by the same steam boiler for about 70 years. The boiler failed and was replaced in 1997. It was an expensive replacement for the old boiler (which had been in the house since it was built in 1926). The new boiler worked well and provided wonderful heat. The "new" boiler failed in 2014 and I was truly shocked to learn that it had lasted one year past the average life of a boiler. Again, the replacement was projected to have about a 15 year life and was an even more expensive than before. I faced a difficult decision as the outside temperature was dropping rapidly and the house was getting pretty cool! I opted to install two new York furnaces (one for each floor) with a total cost of only slightly more than a single new boiler. So far, and it has been only one year, the new furnaces are doing great - and my heating costs have been reduced by 50%. Not kidding, my heating costs have been reduced by one half. I have had no problems with the 2 new furnaces. The house is very comfortable. No repairs or adjustments, only a routine maintenance and inspection. I hope these new units will have a service life of more than 15 years. As time goes on I will write another review and keep you updated on my experience.

Date created: 2015-09-12 Name: Craig
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

"Would buy again, maybe."
One issue the first year. The condensate tank leaked on a control module. My selling dealer repaired it right away and it was flawless ever since. We were given ten years parts and labour so no cost or worry. We just moved, and the next owner of our home got a one year warranty as it was transferable, but only for five years, not the full ten. The home we bought has an older propane furnace and it may need to be replaced in a few years. The York furnaces will be a consideration. We no longer live in the same area so we will have to find a new contractor. Our previous contractor was awesome,and if we lived there still the York would be at the top of the list.

Date created: 2015-08-10 Name: J.& D. Harris
Location: Illinois

"Best brand & service"
We had a great experience with the York product and install by Johansen & Anderson, located in Joliet, Illinois. We won't even consider going elsewhere now. Finally, after all these years messing around with other companies we have found a company that delivers the best! They definitely weren't the cheapest but worth every penny. No shopping around in our futures. We flip houses on the side and will only go with them for our future purchases and maintenance.

Date created: 2015-06-18 Name: G Holloway
Location: United States

"Easy going"
As a homeowner we look for ways to lower our monthly bills without compromising the comfort in our homes. Well here is a way to do that and enjoy the fruits of it for years to come. It works quietly and effortlessly and looks sleek as well. Financially stretch to get that which gives for years to come.

Date created: 2015-06-05 Name: Sharon A.
Location: New Jersey

"New furnace, AC unit, and water heater"
Design Temp sold and installed the furnace, AC unit and water heater. My furnace and AC unit were close to 30 years old and the water heater was over 7 years old. With the rebates, it was worth it to replace everything. The AC unit is Coleman, the water heater is A.O. Smith, and the furnace is York. The contractor was highly recommended by a friend, and deservedly so. They were very professional and did excellent work.

Date created: 2015-02-24 Name: Judy Schreiber
Location: Granbury, TX

"Beware of this furnace"
The York furnace was installed December, 2013, new as part of a Deluxe system using a heat pump with propane backup heat. The first winter we had problems with the unit failing to ignite reliably. We had multiple service calls with multiple parts replaced. Finally, in February it worked as it was supposed to. Now we are in the second winter with the same problems as last winter. A second tech came today and ordered a new gas valve that is part of the furnace, saying it opens too slow, not letting in enough gas. However, yesterday a different tech was here and cleaned the flame regulator. It worked fine until this morning. It would not fire at all. We are extremely exasperated to have spent $10,000 for a furnace that is not dependable. I would not recommend it.

Date created: 2015-02-20 Name: Lori L
Location: Northern Ontario, Canada

"Satisfied with furnace"
I purchase and installed a York furnace about a month ago. It sufficiently heats my house even on the coldest nights of winter. The only thing that concerns me is I find it loud when the dual stage fan starts.

Date created: 2015-02-07 Name: O. Iny
Location: Queens, NY

"York Climaster heating furnace"
I have had a York model UG 105D furnace since May 1980. It only required a $500 electronic module in 2001. it has been working extremely well since I installed it.

Date created: 2015-02-04 Name: Jim Guthrie
Location: Kingdom City, MO

"York Guardian furnace"
I like the compact size and the efficient operation. It allowed for installation of an a/c coil above it as well as a heat exchanger for the outdoor Acme 340 wood furnace. I have noticed more vibration in the floor directly above this unit, but that may be due to radical changes (new ductwork, upflow vs. Old downflow). The vibration is probably not any worse than any other furnace fan would produce.

Date created: 2015-01-16 Name: F. Nash
Location: Pueblo, CO

"New furnace"
Our furnace quit during very cold weather. We called Chief Reno of Thunder Construction. We had seen his ad in the newspaper, and we had a very good recommendation regarding him from a friend and local business owner. He came right out and was able to do something to make our furnace run for two more days until the new equipment could arrive and be installed. After the installation he followed up to see if we had any questions and helped us get acquainted with the new furnace and the new thermostat. We were very happy working with him. He was very professional, and we would call him again.