Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

Read more about York furnaces

Date created: 2015-02-20 Name: Lori L
Location: Northern Ontario, Canada

"Satisfied with furnace"
I purchase and installed a York furnace about a month ago. It sufficiently heats my house even on the coldest nights of winter. The only thing that concerns me is I find it loud when the dual stage fan starts.

Date created: 2015-02-07 Name: O. Iny
Location: Queens, NY

"York Climaster heating furnace"
I have had a York model UG 105D furnace since May 1980. It only required a $500 electronic module in 2001. it has been working extremely well since I installed it.

Date created: 2015-02-04 Name: Jim Guthrie
Location: Kingdom City, MO

"York Guardian furnace"
I like the compact size and the efficient operation. It allowed for installation of an a/c coil above it as well as a heat exchanger for the outdoor Acme 340 wood furnace. I have noticed more vibration in the floor directly above this unit, but that may be due to radical changes (new ductwork, upflow vs. Old downflow). The vibration is probably not any worse than any other furnace fan would produce.

Date created: 2015-01-16 Name: F. Nash
Location: Pueblo, CO

"New furnace"
Our furnace quit during very cold weather. We called Chief Reno of Thunder Construction. We had seen his ad in the newspaper, and we had a very good recommendation regarding him from a friend and local business owner. He came right out and was able to do something to make our furnace run for two more days until the new equipment could arrive and be installed. After the installation he followed up to see if we had any questions and helped us get acquainted with the new furnace and the new thermostat. We were very happy working with him. He was very professional, and we would call him again.

Date created: 2015-01-12 Name: katy sims
Location: wichita kansas

"Good furnace"
I just had this furnace installed. It's quiet and keeps the house at an even temperature.

Date created: 2014-12-31 Name: ROBERT LANGLAND
Location: Holcombe, WI

"Love it!"
I am extremely satisfied. The unit gives instant heat and is quiet.

Date created: 2014-12-28 Name: Jackie
Location: Papillion, NE

"Terrible furnace!"
We have a 4-year-old furnace. We just got the compressor replaced last month because it quit working. Now, it will not keep our house heated and the thermostat keeps falling below what the temperature is set at. We have to keep flipping the on/off switch on the unit to get it to fire and heat the house again! Such a piece of junk! Last time the cost was $300 in labor because it is under manufacturer's warranty for parts only. I don't even want to know what this next service call will cost! I will be calling York to find out what they can do to rectify this situation, but based on other posts, likely nothing.

Date created: 2014-12-16 Name: Jack Nicolson
Location: Chilliwack, B.C.

"Outside pipe"
The 2-inch pipe from the furnace is attached to the side of the house and discharges the vapor towards the back yard. Otherwise we are pleased with the installation.

Date created: 2014-12-12 Name: Katie Ladd
Location: Canada

"Great furnace!"
The furnace burns well and without a bad smell of propane. The house heats up very quickly and we are all very satisfied with the York brand of furnace. We will not use an oil furnace again. Propane is the way to go!

Date created: 2014-12-05 Name: don jackson
Location: Toronto, Ontario

"HVAC contractor"
I'm a licensed HVAC contractor. This is only one of a few times that I've had to deal with York, and they've been consistently bad on service. I checked by phone for stock on a replacement motor, which they supposedly had stocked at the branch. The next day, I went there and I was told they have no stock. It's an OEM, odd-ball motor, so I doubt they suddenly had a run on that motor before I got there. Anyway, I ordered it and waited a few days for it to arrive at the store, but then had to wait some more because their computer was down. Also, I didn't appreciate having to wait forever for slow counter service. The counter guy said it's always like that at their branch. Their services when phoning in was equally bad, and the crappy depressing music with a depressed woman saying to hold while waiting didn't help. Overall, I wouldn't deal with them unless I really had to. Having dealt with other HVAC suppliers regularly, I know what to expect and this company, York International, doesn't seem to live up to the Johnson Controls brand image.