Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2017-02-15 Name: B. Rudge
Location: Brentwood, TN

"Brand New Unit"
We replaced our old unit (Rheem) after 10 years because it failed. We chose a York as a replacement because they offered the longest warranty on parts and labor and because it is the brand our contractor recommended. It has been installed for about an hour and is currently working great.

Date created: 2017-02-10 Name: Wendellyn Plummer
Location: Indiana

"Not Impressed"
We purchased the home in December, 2016 and within two weeks the furnace shut down. After seven days the furnace shut down again. We are into this furnace for over $750.00 dollars and more to come for the part that had to be ordered. This furnace is only four years old and has had recurring problems for the past four years! I am going to do more research and then ask the company why they have not made this right.

Date created: 2016-12-24 Name: Nick
Location: Utah

"Horrible"
I had an older furnace that worked great until something with the burner happened. I was told it was going to be a very expensive fix so I looked at getting a new furnace. We got a York because someone said they were decent or good. They were wrong. I never had an issue with the old one till it went. This new one doesn't light the burner and it has 2 different codes that come on. 1 failure to light and something else. I have to go down into the crawl space and pull the cover off and mess with the cover switch and hold it down to light it. If it doesn't light I let off and repeat till it does. I will never buy or support this York furnace. It's garbage.

Date created: 2016-12-19 Name: Darius MG Vakili
Location: Toronto, ON CANADA

"Nightmare of Manufacturing"
My 6 year old York furnace leaked water and flooded my basement. The company who installed it was asking $450+tax to fix it. I opened it and I saw a nightmare of manufacturing inside. The condenser pan was made from a thin and low quality plastic which was full of cracks on it. One of the cracks was leaking water. They are asking C$99 for this piece of disaster which has not cost for manufacturer more than a dollar to make. And, why so thin and from a brittle plastic? Why not from metal or other durable material? This piece has important function and is used in a critically necessary appliance (furnace). Why so flimsy? In addition, this furnace make noise like a locomotive when working. I think customers should avoid buying it so that the manufacturer comes to its senses.

Date created: 2016-12-18 Name: Dean woods
Location: Alberta, Canada

"High efficiency because it's always broke down"
Affinity 9.c, installed in 2008, Alberta, Canada, unsure of model number. Here we are again, good thing we have wood heat, multiple issues over the years now it's the main blower motor. Runs great when it runs but that's the problem: it's left us in the cold too many times to trust. Whatever you save in gas bills you will pay in repairs. Some of the reviews I read were positive but usually recently installed, give it a few years you will find out.

Date created: 2016-12-14 Name: Mitchell Braswell
Location: Southaven, MI

"Easy install and quality operation"
Install was easy and straightforward. Because of the age of the replaced furnace height was not the same and a modified transition was fabricated and installed without a problem. Start up was easy and went without a hitch. I have used York brand for years.

Date created: 2016-11-28 Name: John Lawrence
Location: Fairport, NY

"Gas Furnace"
Installation and operation of furnace went fine. Issues exist with the heat ducting and thermostat.

Date created: 2016-11-22 Name: michael mcpherson
Location: Rochester, NY

"Furnace replacement"
Excellent Air Heating & Cooling - Scottsville, ny - Excellent is the name of the company and that is what service they provide. No hassle estimate, explained what work will be done, offered financing, willing to work with us on phased improvements, not all at once. Completed work efficiently, showed up on time even with our schedule change, cleaned up after install, tested and showed how new heating system works, any questions, just call. Will do next phase of improvements with them.

Date created: 2016-11-03 Name: R. Kelly
Location: Ontario, Canada

"Best heating equipment"
Very quiet and space saver. Energy efficient and affordable. Easy access to filter change. Government incentive. Would definitely purchase this brand again as well as recommend it to others.

Date created: 2016-11-03 Name: D.Simpson
Location: Brockville, Ontario, Canada

"Unsatisfied customer"
I bought a brand new York furnace is October of 2011 and I have had nothing but problems with it since the day it was installed. I've had my service guys out to my house at least 15 times to repair something on it. It cost me almost $8000 installed with ductwork. In the fall of 2013 the board went in it and it took my service guys and a York representative almost a month to find the problem. Now recently the same furnace actually caught on fire, we have no idea how it happened but York refuses to take any responsibility on it because my warranty recently ran out. I will never buy another York product.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>