Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

Read more about York furnaces

Date created: 2016-02-25 Name: Morton Smith
Location: Springfield, OH

"1100"
Installed in 2006, has been serviced at least 2 times a year since installed. Factory rep was here in 2007. Its mother board was replaced for the third time. What should I do to replace it? Can I install new parts inside and keep the frame? With the money I have in this unit I could have replaced it with a different kind. Very dissatisfied.

Date created: 2016-01-28 Name: carolyn klafehn
Location: Oakfield, NY

"Do not have series or model with me"
I am completely satisified with my York furnace. The furnace runs quiet and provides very even heat. I would definitely recommend this furnace and would buy a York furnace again.

Date created: 2016-01-09 Name: S.R. Hardy
Location: Nampa, ID

"Furnace"
Furnace works very well. Lowered gas bill, better blower.

Date created: 2015-12-31 Name: Jeanie Lahn
Location: Minnesota

"Satisfaction plus"
We are more than pleased with the entire purchase and installation of our York furnace and A/C units. We love how quietly the furnace functions, a barely audible swish sound. The high efficiency of both the units saves us operating costs and delivers a high degree of performance and confidence. We know we chose the best and are very thankful to be the owners of these new state of the art, critically important home appliances.

Date created: 2015-12-04 Name: D. Callaway
Location: Oxnard, CA

"New York furnace installation"
The unit works as it should, and it is much quieter than the Payne furnace we had before.

Date created: 2015-12-04 Name: Jim
Location: Independence, OH

"Opinion of York"
I had the best and largest York high efficiency furnace (Stellar Plus, 140,000 BTU) installed 25 years ago. Had a few breakdowns over the years. I guess I could say it has served me well. The problem I have is the availability of parts. York stops making parts at the 20 year mark. I needed a $100 part, could not find one. I was told by York, you need to buy a new furnace. I repaired the part myself (condensate tray). But the lack of parts after the 20 year mark really bugs me.

Date created: 2015-11-20 Name: Larry Shafer
Location: Kansas City, MO

"My 2 new York furnaces."
My house was heated by the same steam boiler for about 70 years. The boiler failed and was replaced in 1997. It was an expensive replacement for the old boiler (which had been in the house since it was built in 1926). The new boiler worked well and provided wonderful heat. The "new" boiler failed in 2014 and I was truly shocked to learn that it had lasted one year past the average life of a boiler. Again, the replacement was projected to have about a 15 year life and was an even more expensive than before. I faced a difficult decision as the outside temperature was dropping rapidly and the house was getting pretty cool! I opted to install two new York furnaces (one for each floor) with a total cost of only slightly more than a single new boiler. So far, and it has been only one year, the new furnaces are doing great - and my heating costs have been reduced by 50%. Not kidding, my heating costs have been reduced by one half. I have had no problems with the 2 new furnaces. The house is very comfortable. No repairs or adjustments, only a routine maintenance and inspection. I hope these new units will have a service life of more than 15 years. As time goes on I will write another review and keep you updated on my experience.

Date created: 2015-09-12 Name: Craig
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

"Would buy again, maybe."
One issue the first year. The condensate tank leaked on a control module. My selling dealer repaired it right away and it was flawless ever since. We were given ten years parts and labour so no cost or worry. We just moved, and the next owner of our home got a one year warranty as it was transferable, but only for five years, not the full ten. The home we bought has an older propane furnace and it may need to be replaced in a few years. The York furnaces will be a consideration. We no longer live in the same area so we will have to find a new contractor. Our previous contractor was awesome,and if we lived there still the York would be at the top of the list.

Date created: 2015-08-10 Name: J.& D. Harris
Location: Illinois

"Best brand & service"
We had a great experience with the York product and install by Johansen & Anderson, located in Joliet, Illinois. We won't even consider going elsewhere now. Finally, after all these years messing around with other companies we have found a company that delivers the best! They definitely weren't the cheapest but worth every penny. No shopping around in our futures. We flip houses on the side and will only go with them for our future purchases and maintenance.

Date created: 2015-06-18 Name: G Holloway
Location: United States

"Easy going"
As a homeowner we look for ways to lower our monthly bills without compromising the comfort in our homes. Well here is a way to do that and enjoy the fruits of it for years to come. It works quietly and effortlessly and looks sleek as well. Financially stretch to get that which gives for years to come.