Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

Read more about York furnaces

<< Previous10111213141516171819202122Next >>

Date created: 2009-11-21 Name: joe

"My impression"
I read all comments, some bad comments reposted and some good comments checked "Very Unsatified" so I leave mine for correction purpose. My impression: 1. 1st gen HE may have problem. Some parts may not be very good and repair support not enough. 2. half of the problem due to poor installer, or wrong duct, etc. 3. most problems happend when customer trust installer, of little knowledge on how to hand problems 4. York parts and customer service would be improved. Now York is absolutely leader in He furnace, network no good. Carrier is behind average in 95% HE, network very good. I followed York link to local installer yet its web simply list Carrier.

Date created: 2009-11-17 Name: S. Bell

"Heat Pump"
This heat pump has given us problems from day1. I have lost count on how many compressors have been replaced, etc. The second generation contractor who advised us on this purchase, seemed knowledgeable at the time, but later we found out that he didn't even have access to the York recalls/service notices, etc. I had to hire another contractor for that! Fan wasn't operating. Called again, and the contractor expected me to walk out and check to see if the fan was turning every 20 minutes. What a joke! Scam. scam. scam.
Date created: 2009-11-10 Name: Ken Buck

"Homeowner"
I think york is the worst product on the market. We've had troubles with it from day one. First the exhaust fan, then the electronic igniters. I can't count the number of cold mornings I've gotten up to find that the furnace had shut down completely. Finally, I was told that it may be a pressure problem and I should ask the gas company to take a look at it. They tested the line and then red taged the furnace. They said it was dangerous and needed repaired or replaced.
Date created: 2009-10-08 Name: zew

"York AC Compressor"
The compressor fail to work, I have to pay labor for $500.00. I hope this will be the last cost. Is there any recall? Can we start action law suit against york??
Date created: 2009-09-29 Name: George

"Garbage"
My new two stage variable york is trash. It sounds like a rocket ship taking off, I can barely get the doors on, and when the guys who put it in turned it on for the first time they said my mother board was bad. I took out a two stage american standard and put in a two stage york....I Was had, and now my perfectly good old furnace is sitting in a garbage dump somewhere.
Date created: 2009-08-17 Name: Randy N

"Old unit was great, but recent reviews are a concern"
York hp installed in 1992 with new construction. a few minor things but time to replace it. I am very unhappy with the inside unit that looks like a radiator, the water that runs off and drains always smells towards the end of the summer, that inside things looks nasty from rust. The reviews are scaring me away from York, I will look for another brand.
Date created: 2009-08-10 Name: C West

"Coleman is York"
Just a note to the person who is replacing their York with a Coleman- Johnson Controls makes both products. If you are unhappy with the York furnace do not buy Coleman or Luxaire as they are all jci products.
Date created: 2009-08-09 Name: Jeff Z

"Never Ever buy a York"
Put in a new, york gas furnace In December of 2002. It has been nothing but trouble. To be perfectly honest it is a piece of junk. So far we have had to replace the blower motor 3 times. So we are on our 4th blower motor (the original plus the 3 times that we replaced it). The Thermostat had to be replaced, the connector had to be replaced. Finally we had had to replace the main circuit board 2 times. In the 7 years that we have had it, we have had to have someone out to fix something every single time. They (York) know that their product in total junk which is why they either have no warranty or a very short warranty on all of their parts. Over the years we have had several different repairmen come out to fix our furnace and every single one of them says that York is the worst, and that if you want a good one you need to buy either carrier, bryant, trane, or lennox. Finally the customer service department at York is useless. Please do yourself a favor if you are looking to put a furnace or a/c in do not buy a york. You will be sorry.
Date created: 2009-08-07 Name: R Niarts

"Maximum comfort"
Never had any problems with any York product. I have had several systems in my home and business and all I can is great equipment.
Date created: 2009-08-05 Name: Butch

"Great unit"
I built this house and had a York gas furnace and central air installed. In 22 years only one part broke which I think was a capacitor which starts the a/c condensor. I only changed the filter about 6 or 7 times during all that time. The system still throws out cold air and great heat. I'm having it replaced only for the reason I think it's time to upgrade to something much more efficient. This system was before seer ratings. I sure hope a new system lasts and performs as well as this system did.
<< Previous10111213141516171819202122Next >>