Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

Read more about York furnaces

Date created: 2008-04-01 Name: Bryce Fazekas
Location: Camano Island, WA

I have a York furnace and it keeps smoking through the system and I cannot figure out why. One of my repairmen state that it is due to a restricted airflow but it works fine then it smokes out my house causing all the smoke detectors to go off and I turn it off for a day or two then turn it back on and it works fine for a couple of weeks then back to smoking. It smells like burning wires but everything turns back on. Has anyone heard of this problem please help me. Bryce

Date created: 2008-03-20 Name: D. Powell
Location: Redmond, WA

Our York high efficiency furnace is great! It's quiet and has a variable fan and variable flame system to save natural gas. We are very pleased with it.

Date created: 2008-02-19 Name: R. Ahmann
Location: Spokane, WA

Our first disaster was a broken shaft on the compressor, than the defrost would not cycle properly so the unit turned into a snow cone, than 2nd stage would not quick in properly and had to be re-adjusted, than the computer controled thermostate "crashed" and had to be replaced (I don't think that is York's but I believe it is part of Johnson controls which owns York), than the fan motor froze up, and now we learned that the 3rd stage is not quicking in when it turns extremly cold out so we never warm up to the temperature we call for and it is believed to be a control board outside on the heat pump. My installer says he has never had a problem unit like this one. When is enough is enough and the whole unit should get yanked out and replaced? I can't recommend York at this time unless they come through with a replacement or dramatic repair that fixes it once and for all. Kudos to my installer for putting up with this bad unit.

Date created: 2008-02-10 Name: G. Knight
Location: Sherwood Park, AB, Canada

I have a PV8B York furnace. Good unit except for the flame sensor which keeps getting coated in the flame and stops working resulting in furnace shutdown. Simple fix though, just lightly sand it and it works again

Date created: 2008-01-24 Name: A M S
Location: Scottsdale, AZ

Brand new unit (12/20/07) has not worked for over a month. Repairmen have been out 6 times and no one seems to know what's wrong with it. TERRIBLE product. I wish I could get my old unit back. It blows out cold air when I turned it up to 90 and I had to wait 3 days for a "special" part to be flown in from CA because apparently it doesn't exist anywhere else.

Date created: 2007-12-10 Name: C. Filkohazi
Location: Bordentown, NJ

Very disappointed with York overall. Furnace has had numerous issues and parts were hard to get, especially on the weekends! Furnace is down again and I am looking to replace.

Date created: 2007-12-03 Name: Maureen Fender
Location: Parker, CO

Our furnace had to be repaired after one year. The problem was a rather large one. The repairman told us he had never had a call like ours before. A part of the furnace was damaged. It was damaged at the factory. We called York and they have done NOTHING. They would not cover the labor costs. I have emailed them and called. They have not responded to my emails. They are a horrible company and they do not stand behind the construction of their products.

Date created: 2007-04-03 Name: Zach Stangl
Location: Kansas City, KS

Not a single problem, no complaints. Cut my energy bills in half!

Date created: 2007-02-05 Name: S Duerring
Location: Valparaiso, IN

Purchased York's high efficency furnace and air conditioner unit. Had trouble from the start. Furnace would stop heating when the temperature would drop below 20 degrees. Dealer tried many attempts to fix but after one year from intallation they gave up. Tried to contact York by phone, mail and eventually email. Never got a response. Parts very hard to get and usually have to be ordered making emergency weekend repairs impossible. A situation I have run into many times. The most time that I have had trouble free is two years. That is after finding a non York dealership that has a top notch repair person.