Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

Read more about York furnaces

<< Previous101112131415161718192021Next >>

Date created: 2009-08-07 Name: R Niarts

"Maximum comfort"
Never had any problems with any York product. I have had several systems in my home and business and all I can is great equipment.

Date created: 2009-08-05 Name: Butch

"Great unit"
I built this house and had a York gas furnace and central air installed. In 22 years only one part broke which I think was a capacitor which starts the a/c condensor. I only changed the filter about 6 or 7 times during all that time. The system still throws out cold air and great heat. I'm having it replaced only for the reason I think it's time to upgrade to something much more efficient. This system was before seer ratings. I sure hope a new system lasts and performs as well as this system did.

Date created: 2009-08-03 Name: Kathy C

"To J. Smith or other technicians"
J. Smith said: I am a Nate certified technician for many years now and I would like to share some information from the other side of the fence. I will not say that York is the best, but it's not the worst. It's a get what you paid for scenario. Questions: If York is not the best, which systems are better? I have a company that sells Lennox and York and their proposal includes York and Arzel (to create 5 zones where there is now only 1). After 20 years of an underperforming a/c system (because the builder's zoning in no way matched house design), we'd like to make sure this new system is good. But I'm having trouble finding reviews that actually compare systems. Any help would be appreciated!

Date created: 2009-07-12 Name: F. LAFAIRE

"A"
Stopped working after 1 year warranty,called for service 3 times am stopping my misery and buying coleman high effeciancy with a 10 year service warranty at no extra charge! Good luck if you have a york

Date created: 2009-04-21 Name: YORK

"Yorkm is great"
My York has been in my house for 29 years with no problems I am looking to up grade and York is on the top of my list!

Date created: 2009-03-15 Name: Zach A.

"Stop: DO NOT BUY York"
Don't even consider York. The product sucks and the customer service sucks even more. They are just bunch of YOYO'S. The furnace started to vibrate badly. I hired a technician to inspect it. He said, the motor and/or fan shaft are defected and that this must have been defected from the manufacturer. After numerous phone calls to Johnson Controls -since they bought York- they told me "you are on your own, we have nothing to do with it". Three grand went down the drain.

Date created: 2009-03-15 Name: Zach A.
Location: Michigan

"Don't even think York"
Don't even consider York. The product sucks and the customer service sucks even more. The furnace started to vibrate badly. I hired a technician to inspect it. He said, the motor and/or fan shaft is defected and that this must have been defected from the manufacturer. After numerous phone calls to Johnson Controls -since they bought York- they told me "you are on your own, we have nothing to do with it". Three grands went down the drain.

Date created: 2009-03-02 Name: William H. Davis

"Great equipment"
This is the 9th York furnace and air conditioner that we have purchased (for our house and rentals), we have yet to be anything but completely satisfied with our purchases. All of our equipment has operated flawlessly. Most of the problems that I have read sounds to me that your installation company is your problem not the equipment. Maintenance people!!! Your equipment has to be maintained.

Date created: 2009-02-23 Name: Rob Cordone
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY

"15 years no problems"
I had a Stellar Plus installed when I built the house in 1994 and other than a bad ignitor during initial testing I never did anything more than filters and maintenance. Judging from the number of complaints either I was Lucky or the installer was good. I am building a new house and am again going to install York.

Date created: 2009-01-23 Name: K. Vincent
Location: Santa Rosa, CA

"Cold in California"
The blower stopped working on my York furnace eleven months after it was installed. Installer couldn't fix it without a new pressure switch he said. Two months went by and the part was still unavailable. It finally came in and now two more parts are needed. It is a piece of junk and I'm ready to have it yanked out.

<< Previous101112131415161718192021Next >>