Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

Read more about York furnaces

Date created: 2009-01-23 Name: K. Vincent
Location: Santa Rosa, CA

"Cold in California"
The blower stopped working on my York furnace eleven months after it was installed. Installer couldn't fix it without a new pressure switch he said. Two months went by and the part was still unavailable. It finally came in and now two more parts are needed. It is a piece of junk and I'm ready to have it yanked out.

Date created: 2009-01-18 Name: MMONTALVO
Location: Indiana

"WHATS RIGHT /THE FURNACE OR THE CUSTOMER"
This is the many time I have froze. ( was put in my house on dec 18 2008)My repairman does not want to fix the furnace for free labor, of course. I am ready to take my one-year warranty and drop the furnace off to the supplier for credit/ my blower wheel is broken/control interrupted gone two times. it's just not the unit it's the repairman too. give me back my standard.

Date created: 2009-01-08 Name: R. H.
Location: Newnan, GA

"YORK FURNACES NOT GOOD"
I had a York furnace installed in October 2008 and it blew cold air all the time. I called the company that I bought it from and they came out and finally replaced some parts two months later. When I turned it on again, the furnace blew up. I bought another one from another company and now things are fine.

Date created: 2008-12-31 Name: Frustrated customer

"Lemon"
We built a brand new house and just moved into it in September 2008 (3 months ago). Twice now the furnace started blowing ice cold air and we woke up freezing. One repairman we spoke to said that he didn't know how to fix it (it is still under warranty with our 1 year new home warranty). He said that many that they have installed have the same problem. The next day his manager called and tried to downplay it. Whatever the case may be, it looks like we are not the only ones that are experiencing problems with this furnace.

Date created: 2008-11-21 Name: K Blair
Location: Ware, MA

"Piece of junk"
I built my house in 1992. I have had to have repairs done to my york stellar plus furnace fourteen of the sixteen years I have owned it. I am now looking to replace the flame sensor for the third time. It is Friday 11/21/08 it is about 10 degrees outside and 49 degrees inside. And as always I cant seem to find a dealer that has this part. My York furnace has been anything but stellar.

Date created: 2008-11-10 Name: W. Ramsey
Location: Washington, DC

"York Diamond 90"
I love this furnace! Yes, I paid a little extra for the 90% gas furnace in 1997, but it's performed flawlessly since - not one single maintenance call... only problem was a pesky little mouse that crawled to its doom inside the power vent. I removed the mouse myself. With rising energy costs, I'm sure this York more than paid for itself over the years. Hoping for 15 years of service! :-)

Date created: 2008-11-05 Name: R. Semsch

"Affinity 8V"
I am very dissatisfied with the furnace. Do not believe the ad that it is quiet. Sounds like a jet on the runway. We shut if off during nighttime to get sleep. Very annoying during daytime. Hardly any heat coming out of the registers. No air movement over the register above 2 feet off the floor even when furnace runs on Stage 2. Serviceman confirms that furnace is set up to factory installation procedure No reply from York.

Date created: 2008-09-14 Name: Nomaun.Khan
Location: Ottawa, Canada

"York furnace issue with Blower"
Hello all, My experience with York furnace model number gy9s100c16up11h is less than impressive. After two years, blower broke into two pieces. After replacing blower, the ducts donít have that much air coming out. Repair Company is saying they have replaced it with correct part. We told the repair man why there isn't that much air and he didn't have tools to check! I took picture of the broken one, compared with new one and they don't match. Contacted repair company and they said part number may have changed.

Date created: 2008-06-13 Name: Erin
Location: Delaware

"Ypork heat pump"
Does not run very efficiently- problems with coils/leaking freon. When considering installing a climate control appliance, I do not suggest anyone go for this brand.

Date created: 2008-05-25 Name: Darcey Powell
Location: Erie, PA

"Bad Furnace"
I have owned my York furnace for 8 months now. The circuit board has gone bad twice now. No parts available on weekends or holidays. This is the second time I have froze. My repairman does not want to fix the furnace for free labor, of course. I am ready to take my one-year warranty and drop the furnace off to the supplier for credit. ***Lemon Law***