Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

Read more about York furnaces

Date created: 2008-11-21 Name: K Blair
Location: Ware, MA

"Piece of junk"
I built my house in 1992. I have had to have repairs done to my york stellar plus furnace fourteen of the sixteen years I have owned it. I am now looking to replace the flame sensor for the third time. It is Friday 11/21/08 it is about 10 degrees outside and 49 degrees inside. And as always I cant seem to find a dealer that has this part. My York furnace has been anything but stellar.

Date created: 2008-11-10 Name: W. Ramsey
Location: Washington, DC

"York Diamond 90"
I love this furnace! Yes, I paid a little extra for the 90% gas furnace in 1997, but it's performed flawlessly since - not one single maintenance call... only problem was a pesky little mouse that crawled to its doom inside the power vent. I removed the mouse myself. With rising energy costs, I'm sure this York more than paid for itself over the years. Hoping for 15 years of service! :-)

Date created: 2008-11-05 Name: R. Semsch

"Affinity 8V"
I am very dissatisfied with the furnace. Do not believe the ad that it is quiet. Sounds like a jet on the runway. We shut if off during nighttime to get sleep. Very annoying during daytime. Hardly any heat coming out of the registers. No air movement over the register above 2 feet off the floor even when furnace runs on Stage 2. Serviceman confirms that furnace is set up to factory installation procedure No reply from York.

Date created: 2008-09-14 Name: Nomaun.Khan
Location: Ottawa, Canada

"York furnace issue with Blower"
Hello all, My experience with York furnace model number gy9s100c16up11h is less than impressive. After two years, blower broke into two pieces. After replacing blower, the ducts donít have that much air coming out. Repair Company is saying they have replaced it with correct part. We told the repair man why there isn't that much air and he didn't have tools to check! I took picture of the broken one, compared with new one and they don't match. Contacted repair company and they said part number may have changed.

Date created: 2008-06-13 Name: Erin
Location: Delaware

"Ypork heat pump"
Does not run very efficiently- problems with coils/leaking freon. When considering installing a climate control appliance, I do not suggest anyone go for this brand.

Date created: 2008-05-25 Name: Darcey Powell
Location: Erie, PA

"Bad Furnace"
I have owned my York furnace for 8 months now. The circuit board has gone bad twice now. No parts available on weekends or holidays. This is the second time I have froze. My repairman does not want to fix the furnace for free labor, of course. I am ready to take my one-year warranty and drop the furnace off to the supplier for credit. ***Lemon Law***

Date created: 2008-04-01 Name: Bryce Fazekas
Location: Camano Island, WA

I have a York furnace and it keeps smoking through the system and I cannot figure out why. One of my repairmen state that it is due to a restricted airflow but it works fine then it smokes out my house causing all the smoke detectors to go off and I turn it off for a day or two then turn it back on and it works fine for a couple of weeks then back to smoking. It smells like burning wires but everything turns back on. Has anyone heard of this problem please help me. Bryce

Date created: 2008-03-20 Name: D. Powell
Location: Redmond, WA

Our York high efficiency furnace is great! It's quiet and has a variable fan and variable flame system to save natural gas. We are very pleased with it.

Date created: 2008-02-19 Name: Sammi
Location: Northern NJ

Got a York Affinity 8.s. very very very loud. Get it only if you want your house sound like a factory.

Date created: 2008-02-19 Name: R. Ahmann
Location: Spokane, WA

Our first disaster was a broken shaft on the compressor, than the defrost would not cycle properly so the unit turned into a snow cone, than 2nd stage would not quick in properly and had to be re-adjusted, than the computer controled thermostate "crashed" and had to be replaced (I don't think that is York's but I believe it is part of Johnson controls which owns York), than the fan motor froze up, and now we learned that the 3rd stage is not quicking in when it turns extremly cold out so we never warm up to the temperature we call for and it is believed to be a control board outside on the heat pump. My installer says he has never had a problem unit like this one. When is enough is enough and the whole unit should get yanked out and replaced? I can't recommend York at this time unless they come through with a replacement or dramatic repair that fixes it once and for all. Kudos to my installer for putting up with this bad unit.