Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

Read more about York furnaces

Date created: 2010-03-27 Name: J. Drybrough

"York"
I have read all the York reviews on this site and I can tell you, from the majority of the bad reviews that your heating contractors are full of bs ! Registered York dealers are able to offer you ten years parts and labor warranty. From some of the terms described in here, your contractors are the ones scamming you. It doesn't take 2 months or more to get any part and it shouldn't take 2 months to replace any part. They are feeding you a bunch of crap! Look into your contractors people and get yearly maintenance. York is a fantastic product. Well worth the money. Take it from someone who has serviced all brands.

Date created: 2010-03-04 Name: Mike Novak

"York reliability"
Seems to me every reveiw in here is due to negligent installation. Heat exchanger, inducer, blower motors etc. All of these issues are a direct result of a bad install. A reputable experienced quality contractor can make any furnace last with a good installation.

Date created: 2010-02-15 Name: S. G.

"Poor reliability"
Installed 2 furnaces 1999, 120000 and 80000 btu, less than 1 year had to replace the blower. 10 years later, the entire heat exchange looked like swiss cheese with punched out multiple holes. The same happened a year later with the 2nd furnace. York were generous to replace the furnaces at no cost, not including labor.

Date created: 2010-02-11 Name: M. Redeker

"York Furnace pain in the A**"
I have a new York furnace, Model ym8m080b12mp11, that hasn’t run properly since install about 6 months ago. The installing company doesn’t seem to know what’s going on. They’ve blamed everything from the thermostat to the prefan, (whatever that is,) to a “vacuum modulator" and still it doesn’t work right. It will randomly short cycle for up to an hour and never get into a “normal” run, i.e. the main fan comes on and blows heat till the house is at temp. At last test, it ran for 60 seconds then shut down for 3 seconds and did this 25 times before it started to run normally. After the temp reached the set point, it will run a sporadic version of short cycling for up to an hour before it finally shuts down. Example of shut-down: (time in seconds) 60 on, 7 off, 30 on, 7 off, 15 on, 7 off, 15 on, 20 off, 3 on, 45 off, 2 on, 75 off, 10 on, and then off. On two separate occassions, the thing has refused to start at all. Both required a tech. This unit is supposed to be saving me money on my utility bill but has in fact raised it by over 10 percent. I’ve replaced all the bulbs in my house with compact fluorescents and still my electric bill was up 12%. This has to be due to the furnace.

Date created: 2010-01-30 Name: Joe

"Garbage"
Believe me when I tell you that York is total garbage. The condenser coil is not copper like all the rest of the furnace companies, and leaks like a sieve. I also work for this company and quit due to the constant warranty problems that keep getting worst and worst. They are making the product cheaper and cheaper to increase profits and don't give a damn about the consumer. Just look at the fine print in the 10year parts and labor contract. Do yourself a favor and invest in anything else other than York.

Date created: 2010-01-12 Name: Don Wiltz

"Lousy service from company"
I bought a high efficiency two stage York furnace. It heats great but during the summer the A/C would leak down into the furnace. The company I purchased it from went out of business. The main York service dept gave me no satisfaction. I had to pay to have another York dealer come to work on it. The service tech told me I had a common problem and fixed it with a cable tie. He told me I was lucky I had the stainless steel heat exchanger or the burner would be ruined. I won't purchase York again. Lousy service.

Date created: 2010-01-04 Name: Sherri

"Very POOR Furnace and Service"
One year and 5 service calls. Throws out cold air and once it even had a puddle under it! Just turned one year old. The reason we replaced our old furnace was due to service calls. This new one wins the award for calls!

Date created: 2009-12-16 Name: David DeLancett

"York is a fine product"
I have a York furnace and air conditioner in my home and it has been a fine system. It has worked very well from the beginning. All my neighbors have York and seem to be happy as well.

Date created: 2009-12-12 Name: J Smith

"Guardain by York"
I have nothing but issues with my Guardian furnace by York. Furnace that was purchased just over a year ago. I stops running and then I have no heat. I have hadseveral furnace companies out to look at and even call York for suuport. York teck and Midwest manager was just a jerk on the phone when I called for help. He tried to tell we that they had sevice people with 35 miles of me yet they where over 80 miles away and would not service this furnace. I have several parts replace and labor service costs over $1000.00 They sted that they have no record of this furnace and the tech people told me that this furnace was discontinued back in 2007 because of to many issues. Yet the sold it to a heating contarctor in the fall of 2008 and had them install in my new home. What a shame. The worst is how can they install a furnace that was discontinued. well we will see what our state attornies say about this. Asfar as the York rep for the midwest you should really look for another job. If this was you that paid out over $7,000 dollars for a furnace you would be upset to. York really only cares about one thing sale the product and who cares if it works. I also paid for 5 year parts and labor warrenty which they will not honor do to they furnace was discotinued prior to it being installed. Imagin that they sale it to a distributor that sales it to a dealer which installs it in my new home. And Thay stated that is my fault. Do not buy a York Furnace the is not support.

Date created: 2009-12-11 Name: Jan Hinshaw

"York most unreliable furnace I've ever seen"
When I built my house I made the mistake of listening to the "advice" of the hvac contractor who recommended going with two York furnaces. The Yorks have been, if anything, reliably predictable. We can rely on at least one of the two furnaces to crap out every heating season (or two at most). The most recent time one of the furnaces blew it's brains out completely, requiring $2000+ for a new "programmed" motor and all new electronics. York furnaces are junk.