Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

Read more about York furnaces

Date created: 2009-07-12 Name: F. LAFAIRE

"A"
Stopped working after 1 year warranty,called for service 3 times am stopping my misery and buying coleman high effeciancy with a 10 year service warranty at no extra charge! Good luck if you have a york

Date created: 2009-04-21 Name: YORK

"Yorkm is great"
My York has been in my house for 29 years with no problems I am looking to up grade and York is on the top of my list!

Date created: 2009-03-15 Name: Zach A.

"Stop: DO NOT BUY York"
Don't even consider York. The product sucks and the customer service sucks even more. They are just bunch of YOYO'S. The furnace started to vibrate badly. I hired a technician to inspect it. He said, the motor and/or fan shaft are defected and that this must have been defected from the manufacturer. After numerous phone calls to Johnson Controls -since they bought York- they told me "you are on your own, we have nothing to do with it". Three grand went down the drain.

Date created: 2009-03-15 Name: Zach A.
Location: Michigan

"Don't even think York"
Don't even consider York. The product sucks and the customer service sucks even more. The furnace started to vibrate badly. I hired a technician to inspect it. He said, the motor and/or fan shaft is defected and that this must have been defected from the manufacturer. After numerous phone calls to Johnson Controls -since they bought York- they told me "you are on your own, we have nothing to do with it". Three grands went down the drain.

Date created: 2009-03-02 Name: William H. Davis

"Great equipment"
This is the 9th York furnace and air conditioner that we have purchased (for our house and rentals), we have yet to be anything but completely satisfied with our purchases. All of our equipment has operated flawlessly. Most of the problems that I have read sounds to me that your installation company is your problem not the equipment. Maintenance people!!! Your equipment has to be maintained.

Date created: 2009-02-23 Name: Rob Cordone
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY

"15 years no problems"
I had a Stellar Plus installed when I built the house in 1994 and other than a bad ignitor during initial testing I never did anything more than filters and maintenance. Judging from the number of complaints either I was Lucky or the installer was good. I am building a new house and am again going to install York.

Date created: 2009-01-23 Name: K. Vincent
Location: Santa Rosa, CA

"Cold in California"
The blower stopped working on my York furnace eleven months after it was installed. Installer couldn't fix it without a new pressure switch he said. Two months went by and the part was still unavailable. It finally came in and now two more parts are needed. It is a piece of junk and I'm ready to have it yanked out.

Date created: 2009-01-18 Name: MMONTALVO
Location: Indiana

"WHATS RIGHT /THE FURNACE OR THE CUSTOMER"
This is the many time I have froze. ( was put in my house on dec 18 2008)My repairman does not want to fix the furnace for free labor, of course. I am ready to take my one-year warranty and drop the furnace off to the supplier for credit/ my blower wheel is broken/control interrupted gone two times. it's just not the unit it's the repairman too. give me back my standard.

Date created: 2009-01-08 Name: R. H.
Location: Newnan, GA

"YORK FURNACES NOT GOOD"
I had a York furnace installed in October 2008 and it blew cold air all the time. I called the company that I bought it from and they came out and finally replaced some parts two months later. When I turned it on again, the furnace blew up. I bought another one from another company and now things are fine.

Date created: 2008-12-31 Name: Frustrated customer

"Lemon"
We built a brand new house and just moved into it in September 2008 (3 months ago). Twice now the furnace started blowing ice cold air and we woke up freezing. One repairman we spoke to said that he didn't know how to fix it (it is still under warranty with our 1 year new home warranty). He said that many that they have installed have the same problem. The next day his manager called and tried to downplay it. Whatever the case may be, it looks like we are not the only ones that are experiencing problems with this furnace.