Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

Read more about York furnaces

Date created: 2009-12-10 Name: WB

"York furnace"
Piece of junk. It has never worked well. I had it repaired 3 times. Have to replace it. avoid York products.

Date created: 2009-12-09 Name: S Adamson

"Size matters"
After owning a Goodman furnace for years, we decided to look for a change. With the economy the way it is and the tax credits being available to us, we made the jump. We searched for 2 months and York was our choice. My space in which it had to go in made my choice easy. The company that installed the York system guaranteed it would fit in the space and that the unit that I was getting would save me on not only my utilities but I would not have to pay someone to come and retro fit the space. It's been 7 months now and all I can say is "wow". I just want to thank York for giving me such a great product. Savings about 30% a month...... Again thanks!

Date created: 2009-11-25 Name: J Litwin

"Other reviews"
I am a new owner of a York 97.7% eff furnace and was honestly shocked at the amount of negative complaints. I have done a lot of research before I purchased and found York to be the highest in eff and offers a system to keep you comfortable. In all honesty you need to have regular maintainence with any manufacturers products to keep them running like new. You wouldnt drive your car 10,000 miles without changing the oil would you? A furnace or air conditioner is just like a car they need attention. All of the brands will have similar componants that come from the same manufacturers the differences are the looks of the units, efficiencies, and performance. York is one of the oldest in the industry and has a proven track record.

Date created: 2009-11-21 Name: joe

"My impression"
I read all comments, some bad comments reposted and some good comments checked "Very Unsatified" so I leave mine for correction purpose. My impression: 1. 1st gen HE may have problem. Some parts may not be very good and repair support not enough. 2. half of the problem due to poor installer, or wrong duct, etc. 3. most problems happend when customer trust installer, of little knowledge on how to hand problems 4. York parts and customer service would be improved. Now York is absolutely leader in He furnace, network no good. Carrier is behind average in 95% HE, network very good. I followed York link to local installer yet its web simply list Carrier.

Date created: 2009-11-17 Name: S. Bell

"Heat Pump"
This heat pump has given us problems from day1. I have lost count on how many compressors have been replaced, etc. The second generation contractor who advised us on this purchase, seemed knowledgeable at the time, but later we found out that he didn't even have access to the York recalls/service notices, etc. I had to hire another contractor for that! Fan wasn't operating. Called again, and the contractor expected me to walk out and check to see if the fan was turning every 20 minutes. What a joke! Scam. scam. scam.

Date created: 2009-11-10 Name: Ken Buck

"Homeowner"
I think york is the worst product on the market. We've had troubles with it from day one. First the exhaust fan, then the electronic igniters. I can't count the number of cold mornings I've gotten up to find that the furnace had shut down completely. Finally, I was told that it may be a pressure problem and I should ask the gas company to take a look at it. They tested the line and then red taged the furnace. They said it was dangerous and needed repaired or replaced.

Date created: 2009-10-08 Name: zew

"York AC Compressor"
The compressor fail to work, I have to pay labor for $500.00. I hope this will be the last cost. Is there any recall? Can we start action law suit against york??

Date created: 2009-09-29 Name: George

"Garbage"
My new two stage variable york is trash. It sounds like a rocket ship taking off, I can barely get the doors on, and when the guys who put it in turned it on for the first time they said my mother board was bad. I took out a two stage american standard and put in a two stage york....I Was had, and now my perfectly good old furnace is sitting in a garbage dump somewhere.

Date created: 2009-08-17 Name: Randy N

"Old unit was great, but recent reviews are a concern"
York hp installed in 1992 with new construction. a few minor things but time to replace it. I am very unhappy with the inside unit that looks like a radiator, the water that runs off and drains always smells towards the end of the summer, that inside things looks nasty from rust. The reviews are scaring me away from York, I will look for another brand.

Date created: 2009-08-10 Name: C West

"Coleman is York"
Just a note to the person who is replacing their York with a Coleman- Johnson Controls makes both products. If you are unhappy with the York furnace do not buy Coleman or Luxaire as they are all jci products.