Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

Read more about York furnaces

Date created: 2010-10-15 Name: Oliverson
Location: Layton, UTah

"Bad"
I just purchased a York. It sounds like a jet is in my basement. I am just sick about this. I am calling then on Monday. They cam come and get it. $4000.00 dollars and I can hear it out side and it's in the basement.

Date created: 2010-10-14 Name: Jon R
Location: North Carolina

"Efficient, qiet, and no more cold rooms"
I had my 14 year old Trane furnace replaced for a more efficient York furnace last year. I chose York after a family friend reccomended it. It lowered my gas bills by at least 40%, add that up over 10 years and it should pay for itself. That is my thought anyway. I paid extra for the 10 year labor warranty, but so far have not needed it. Would highly reccomend

Date created: 2010-10-13 Name: Brad Johnson
Location: Port Moody B.C

"Installation"
As an installer myself. I blame the home owner and the contractor. Problems stated on this site are the result of bad choices by the contractor. The other half is the home owner. Check references, certificates etc. Just because a the company has all credits does the person installing the equipment have them? Ask find out. Do some homework. It's ok to ask to see license, certificates, gas number etc. It's your right. By protecting yourself this will put pressure on the non reputable companies to get training or close shop. Either way we will all win.

Date created: 2010-08-24 Name: R. Buchanan
Location: Idaho

"New York System"
Just installed a new 97%+ York Furnace with 14.5 SEER AC unit. Unit works great and hope to have years of great service from it. Too early to tell about heating as it is still summer weather. Is sized right for our home and was installed by excellent contractor so confident it will perform to highest standards.

Date created: 2010-08-12 Name: Copernic

"New furnace failed three times in two years, so far"
My wife and I purchased a new home in which a York Affinity 9.m series zoned heating and cooling system had been installed. In a span of less than two-years, the system has failed three times. The first time, after eight months of use, was because of a “defective ignition assembly”. On the second call, about a month later, the “pressure switch assembly” was replaced. The third call was for a failure of the air-conditioning unit. Total repair costs, so far, $465. We talked to the dealer about seeing if York would stand behind their product by extending our warranty because of all of the problems we experienced and they told us to contact the York Customer Service representative. The (rather rude) rep we contacted said that the problems we have been experiencing were “normal” usage/maintenance. End of story. Two service calls within the first nine months of usage for York's top-of-the-line residential HVAC system doesn't seem “normal” to us. How much can extending a (parts only) warranty cost York? With the economy being so great and all, I guess they don't have to worry about customer satisfaction.

Date created: 2010-08-04 Name: Tyler

These units have nothing but problems. Try Rheem or Carrier instead. 90 percent less problems.

Date created: 2010-07-08 Name: L. Beamer
Location: Ottawa, Canada

"York Furnace"
I bought my home with the York furnace installed. 19 years ago, the buzz words like "high-efficiency" and "quiet" were not the rage. I have owned my home for the last 12 years and have had the furnace service/cleaned every year professionally. Last winter was the first time I started having problems. The igniter died and had to be replaced and because it was part of my service plan I didn't have to pay for the call out or the replacement part. Here in Ottawa, Ontario, it can get down to -35 c esp in the months of February. I'm told the life expectancy of my furnace is between 17-20 years. It's served me well, but now I must go and read up on buzz words like "high efficiency and quiet" for my next furnace.

Date created: 2010-07-05 Name: Aimee Hinton

"Customer # 1 york 96%er"
Very quiet operation. The inducer fan is in a sealed compartment pulling in outside air.

Date created: 2010-06-09 Name: Jose Perez

"Thanks york"
I have 3 12,000 btu mini split units, and never cool the rooms. The problem is the power of fan motor. I know one guy that worked for a dealer and he told me that this company sold the units knowing this manufacture defect. I would like start a class action lawsuit in court against this company. This is my email address [email protected], all of you interested in this case, send me an email with email address and a brief of your problems with this company.

Date created: 2010-05-06 Name: Michael Durso
Location: Barrington, Illinois

"York furnace"
To the president of York! Dear Sir: I have owned your furnace for 2 years and have had nothing but problems. Your circuit board has been replaced 5 times since. Also, the unit does not run properly as the fan blower does not blow with any force to heat efficiently. Comfort Air installed the unit and has tried to satisfy me. However, I am not satisfied with your unit and would like a REPLACEMENT. Dan Martin, owner of Comfort Air advised me that he has been in contact with your office and a replacement was forthcoming. I e-mailed your office from inside your booklet (address different from your home address - never received a REPLY!)In the event I do not receive a reply by mail, I intend to contact the bbb. Respectfully Yours, Michael Durso 513 Park Barrington Way, Barrington, IL 60010