Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2010-12-17 Name: Vreeland
Location: Pepin,wi

"Very dissapointed"
We have had this furnace for about 6 years and have had a repair man out every spring for central air unit and every winter for the furnace it blows really good to bad it is cold air. We have to wear sweatshirts to bed to stay warm.

Date created: 2010-12-16 Name: J. Wan
Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA

"The most unreliable furnace"
I purchased York Affinity pc9 Series Furnace in Feb 2007. Right after warranty expiry, the ventor motor and the pressure switch broke in Dec 2008. The same pressure switch broke again in Feb 2010. Today, the same problem recurred. The service technician pin-pointed it to the pressure switch again. This is costly and unsafe in the cold winter. I believe there is a design flaw in this pressure switch in the pc9 series. How could it keep breaking down? I am so disappointed in York's poor quality. Can York send me a few pressure switches so that I can replace it when it breaks?

Date created: 2010-12-14 Name: Dan Meunier
Location: Edmonton Alberta

"York issues"
Flame sensor goes out leaving house cold - 3 times... installers have been great about warranty etc but York doesn't pay warranty labor so the installers are hesitant to come out if at all....so here I am with a 2 year old furnace that YORK doesn't want to look after even though I have a 10 year parts and labour warranty.. Replace thermistor, flame sensor...brutal brutal BRUTAL....I sure hope they read these forums...we like the furnace when it is operating but when it doesn't and YORK doesn't want to go to bat for the product - that's where the B/S starts...

Date created: 2010-12-14 Name: S.Wise
Location: Stow OH.

"Name plate"
I purchased a York furnace partly for its nameand also because it is made in Pa(My home state).What dissappointed me in it is where the York name should be proudly displayed are the words "Apply logo here".Is this actually a York or did the installer put some lesser furnace in?

Date created: 2010-12-14 Name: Brandon Smith
Location: South Jordan, Utah

"JUNK!"
Brand new house- first summer the air conditioner compressor went out- $1500 to repair. Now its winter and the furnace keeps going out. We are waiting for a repairman, oh boy can't wait to see what this will cost. STAY AWAY from YORK!! JUNK JUNK JUNK!!!!!

Date created: 2010-12-12 Name: L. Fair
Location: Ontario, Canada

"Cold as Ice"
How do I get my old furnace back. We are freezing, and NOT impressed.

Date created: 2010-12-10 Name: W. Devisser
Location: Bangor, MI

"Affinity 98%"
We are estatic with the York Affinity, the fuel savings,quiet performance,and outstanding installation crew. It heats evenly and you don't even know it's running. Very comfortable, and would highly recommend it to everyone who is going green!

Date created: 2010-12-08 Name: Paul Arsenault
Location: Ontario Canada

"Not happy"
This furnace is nothing but maintance

Date created: 2010-12-06 Name: outafewbucks
Location: Chicago, IL

"Defective Inducer"
Replaced an older inefficient furnace in 2007 with a York and have been happy with the cost efficiency of it with lower heating bills. It's louder than the old one, but heats and cools the house better. Lost heat in the coldest days of 2010 and found the inducer has a bad design. Part covered under warranty (labor isn't), but find it unethical that all furnace companies know about defects in their models yet don't notify customers. They make more money from allowing their products to run out of warranty and charge the customers.

Date created: 2010-11-17 Name: CNS
Location: Ontario Canada

" Contractor Set up"
I have a York furnace, it's my second. The present is a two stage 96%. As a contractor York admits they have had some quality control problems with some product, namely sticking pressure switches, vacuum hoses routed to wrong positions in manufacture and burner box assembly issues. York has adressed these and corrections have been made. On the whole the product is good. I have not yet had any major issues with either of my furnaces. I clean it annually including the flame sensor. The comments about selecting a contractor are very important, particularly, does the contractor set the furnace up properly? The York 2 stage and Modulating unitd have pins on the control board that can be switched in order to adjust fan delay and air flow during heating and cooling. These can be tailored to specific needs, (Size of AC, ductwork etc.) Most installers leave the pins in the factory default setting which is high. The second important thing do is adjust the pressure on the gas valve according to manufacturers specifications. Improper gas valve pressure can increase burner noise significantly and possibly create a booming sound on start up. A manometer and licenced technician is required. Set up correctly these furnace are a s quiet as any. Installed properly they are as reliable as anything in the industry.

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>