Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

Read more about York furnaces

Date created: 2010-01-30 Name: Joe

"Garbage"
Believe me when I tell you that York is total garbage. The condenser coil is not copper like all the rest of the furnace companies, and leaks like a sieve. I also work for this company and quit due to the constant warranty problems that keep getting worst and worst. They are making the product cheaper and cheaper to increase profits and don't give a damn about the consumer. Just look at the fine print in the 10year parts and labor contract. Do yourself a favor and invest in anything else other than York.

Date created: 2010-01-12 Name: Don Wiltz

"Lousy service from company"
I bought a high efficiency two stage York furnace. It heats great but during the summer the A/C would leak down into the furnace. The company I purchased it from went out of business. The main York service dept gave me no satisfaction. I had to pay to have another York dealer come to work on it. The service tech told me I had a common problem and fixed it with a cable tie. He told me I was lucky I had the stainless steel heat exchanger or the burner would be ruined. I won't purchase York again. Lousy service.

Date created: 2010-01-04 Name: Sherri

"Very POOR Furnace and Service"
One year and 5 service calls. Throws out cold air and once it even had a puddle under it! Just turned one year old. The reason we replaced our old furnace was due to service calls. This new one wins the award for calls!

Date created: 2009-12-16 Name: David DeLancett

"York is a fine product"
I have a York furnace and air conditioner in my home and it has been a fine system. It has worked very well from the beginning. All my neighbors have York and seem to be happy as well.

Date created: 2009-12-12 Name: J Smith

"Guardain by York"
I have nothing but issues with my Guardian furnace by York. Furnace that was purchased just over a year ago. I stops running and then I have no heat. I have hadseveral furnace companies out to look at and even call York for suuport. York teck and Midwest manager was just a jerk on the phone when I called for help. He tried to tell we that they had sevice people with 35 miles of me yet they where over 80 miles away and would not service this furnace. I have several parts replace and labor service costs over $1000.00 They sted that they have no record of this furnace and the tech people told me that this furnace was discontinued back in 2007 because of to many issues. Yet the sold it to a heating contarctor in the fall of 2008 and had them install in my new home. What a shame. The worst is how can they install a furnace that was discontinued. well we will see what our state attornies say about this. Asfar as the York rep for the midwest you should really look for another job. If this was you that paid out over $7,000 dollars for a furnace you would be upset to. York really only cares about one thing sale the product and who cares if it works. I also paid for 5 year parts and labor warrenty which they will not honor do to they furnace was discotinued prior to it being installed. Imagin that they sale it to a distributor that sales it to a dealer which installs it in my new home. And Thay stated that is my fault. Do not buy a York Furnace the is not support.

Date created: 2009-12-11 Name: Jan Hinshaw

"York most unreliable furnace I've ever seen"
When I built my house I made the mistake of listening to the "advice" of the hvac contractor who recommended going with two York furnaces. The Yorks have been, if anything, reliably predictable. We can rely on at least one of the two furnaces to crap out every heating season (or two at most). The most recent time one of the furnaces blew it's brains out completely, requiring $2000+ for a new "programmed" motor and all new electronics. York furnaces are junk.

Date created: 2009-12-10 Name: WB

"York furnace"
Piece of junk. It has never worked well. I had it repaired 3 times. Have to replace it. avoid York products.

Date created: 2009-12-09 Name: S Adamson

"Size matters"
After owning a Goodman furnace for years, we decided to look for a change. With the economy the way it is and the tax credits being available to us, we made the jump. We searched for 2 months and York was our choice. My space in which it had to go in made my choice easy. The company that installed the York system guaranteed it would fit in the space and that the unit that I was getting would save me on not only my utilities but I would not have to pay someone to come and retro fit the space. It's been 7 months now and all I can say is "wow". I just want to thank York for giving me such a great product. Savings about 30% a month...... Again thanks!

Date created: 2009-11-25 Name: J Litwin

"Other reviews"
I am a new owner of a York 97.7% eff furnace and was honestly shocked at the amount of negative complaints. I have done a lot of research before I purchased and found York to be the highest in eff and offers a system to keep you comfortable. In all honesty you need to have regular maintainence with any manufacturers products to keep them running like new. You wouldnt drive your car 10,000 miles without changing the oil would you? A furnace or air conditioner is just like a car they need attention. All of the brands will have similar componants that come from the same manufacturers the differences are the looks of the units, efficiencies, and performance. York is one of the oldest in the industry and has a proven track record.

Date created: 2009-11-21 Name: joe

"My impression"
I read all comments, some bad comments reposted and some good comments checked "Very Unsatified" so I leave mine for correction purpose. My impression: 1. 1st gen HE may have problem. Some parts may not be very good and repair support not enough. 2. half of the problem due to poor installer, or wrong duct, etc. 3. most problems happend when customer trust installer, of little knowledge on how to hand problems 4. York parts and customer service would be improved. Now York is absolutely leader in He furnace, network no good. Carrier is behind average in 95% HE, network very good. I followed York link to local installer yet its web simply list Carrier.