Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

Read more about York furnaces

<< Previous456789101112131415161718192021Next >>

Date created: 2011-01-07 Name: Brandon Segull
Location: Scarborough, Ontario

"Aire One heating & cooling"
Aire One provided very courteous service and very knowledgeable sales personal. Great warranty and installation was of high quality. Very happy that the job was done RIGHT and no mess left behind from the installers. Professional service from the very beginning to the end. I am now a proud owner of my York high efficiency unit for a fare price and extended warranty to give me the peace of mind.

Date created: 2011-01-06 Name: Deb S.
Location: Wayzata, MN

"Terrible Furnaces!"
We bought our house in summer of 2006. It had 2 York furnaces (one is zoned for the upstairs; the other is zoned for basement and main level). First time we turned on the furnaces, one didn't work. The HVAC service team was from the company that installed the furnaces in 2001 (their stickers were on the furnaces, so that's why we called them). Turns out a blower motor was burned out and had to be replaced. Since that winter, we have replaced five motors, and in early 2010 had to replace the SAME blower motor that we bought in fall of 2006. These are the worst furnaces we have EVER owned (this is our 4th home). In the past six weeks, one of the flame sensors has gone out twice ($200 a pop for a service call and flame sensor cleaning), and we've finally had it. I called two companies and are getting quotes next week on Carrier and Trane furnaces. It is ridiculous that after 9 years we are replacing furnaces, but they've been nothing but money pits for the 4 years we've lived here!

Date created: 2011-01-06 Name: Furnace Guy
Location: Flint, Michigan

"Wow! you poor babies."
Maybe next time you will call a professional. its not the furnace.

Date created: 2011-01-05 Name: Dale
Location: Gilroy, CA

"Buyer Beware!!!"
I purchased a York 9C furnace in oct 06, in jan 08 the pressure switches went out and the unit would not run (after 2 company's came out and tried other fixes.ie repiped the exhaust pipe. It worked great again until now, same problem pressure switches again. Trust me and bye a carrier,lennox, anything else, these units break down.

Date created: 2010-12-31 Name: Virginia McD
Location: Santa Cruz, Ca.

"DO NOT BUY"
BUYER BEWARE X THREE!!! I had a furnace in good working order for 18 years. I replaced it with this product highly recommended by The Furnace Room, in Santa Cruz, California. The first day it worked for 4 hours. They replaced one board. It worked for 3 hours then stopped. I was advised I needed a non-programmable thermostat (inference that I couldn't comprehend a programmable one)& that since it was now Friday on a holiday weekend they'd charge me extra. I told them to fix the problem, replace the thermostat if needed and no I would not accept one that wasn't programmable. I trusted this company to give me good advice, I asked about the brands and was told this was equal to the best. That was not true.

Date created: 2010-12-29 Name: cindy
Location: Portland, Oregon

"Sorry I purchased"
This is another bad review for the York 9.C series...had this furnace 4 years now and had the repair guys out every winter since installation. I have little children and hate the house to get so cold, but also another hassle I don't have time for. Very dissatisfied with this furnace. I wish York could be forced to recall them.

Date created: 2010-12-27 Name: Charlie
Location: Upstate New York

"Affinity PM9"
New Install in Dec. 2007. 1 year later(Nov. 2008) the Pressure Switch quits. 1 year after that (Nov. 2009) the same problem. 1 year after that (Dec. 2010)PRESSURE SWITCH AGAIN. This time they will try Replacing the Condensate Pan & Gasket. It works perfectly fine for almost 1 year to date after the New Switch is Installed. No one seems to know why. Bad Switches, Condensate Problem, Bad Inducer Fan Maybe?, ??????

Date created: 2010-12-21 Name: Sara
Location: Chicago, IL

"York 92 Efficiency GY9S"
The York 92 % efficient furnace is crap. It does not work in the winter. I live in Chicago and when temperature goes close to zero the furnace does not work. It keeps cutting off, have already had 2 technicians come and check it. This furnace is waste of money.

Date created: 2010-12-20 Name: David K

"Model No. TM9X080C16MP11A"
We've had the unit for 1 yr. They had to replace a condensate drain reservoir after one year. My main concern is that every now and then the burners make a rather loud roaring sound not unlike my old Lenox furnace(in that case it was the flame igniting in one of the air intakes). I haven't been able to find what is causing the problem. Had the gas co. (propane) check the pressure, but that did not fix the problem. Don't know if this will have long term effect on the furnace?

Date created: 2010-12-17 Name: Vreeland
Location: Pepin,wi

"Very dissapointed"
We have had this furnace for about 6 years and have had a repair man out every spring for central air unit and every winter for the furnace it blows really good to bad it is cold air. We have to wear sweatshirts to bed to stay warm.

<< Previous456789101112131415161718192021Next >>