Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

Read more about York furnaces

Date created: 2010-12-14 Name: Brandon Smith
Location: South Jordan, Utah

"JUNK!"
Brand new house- first summer the air conditioner compressor went out- $1500 to repair. Now its winter and the furnace keeps going out. We are waiting for a repairman, oh boy can't wait to see what this will cost. STAY AWAY from YORK!! JUNK JUNK JUNK!!!!!

Date created: 2010-12-12 Name: L. Fair
Location: Ontario, Canada

"Cold as Ice"
How do I get my old furnace back. We are freezing, and NOT impressed.

Date created: 2010-12-10 Name: W. Devisser
Location: Bangor, MI

"Affinity 98%"
We are estatic with the York Affinity, the fuel savings,quiet performance,and outstanding installation crew. It heats evenly and you don't even know it's running. Very comfortable, and would highly recommend it to everyone who is going green!

Date created: 2010-12-08 Name: Paul Arsenault
Location: Ontario Canada

"Not happy"
This furnace is nothing but maintance

Date created: 2010-12-06 Name: outafewbucks
Location: Chicago, IL

"Defective Inducer"
Replaced an older inefficient furnace in 2007 with a York and have been happy with the cost efficiency of it with lower heating bills. It's louder than the old one, but heats and cools the house better. Lost heat in the coldest days of 2010 and found the inducer has a bad design. Part covered under warranty (labor isn't), but find it unethical that all furnace companies know about defects in their models yet don't notify customers. They make more money from allowing their products to run out of warranty and charge the customers.

Date created: 2010-11-17 Name: CNS
Location: Ontario Canada

" Contractor Set up"
I have a York furnace, it's my second. The present is a two stage 96%. As a contractor York admits they have had some quality control problems with some product, namely sticking pressure switches, vacuum hoses routed to wrong positions in manufacture and burner box assembly issues. York has adressed these and corrections have been made. On the whole the product is good. I have not yet had any major issues with either of my furnaces. I clean it annually including the flame sensor. The comments about selecting a contractor are very important, particularly, does the contractor set the furnace up properly? The York 2 stage and Modulating unitd have pins on the control board that can be switched in order to adjust fan delay and air flow during heating and cooling. These can be tailored to specific needs, (Size of AC, ductwork etc.) Most installers leave the pins in the factory default setting which is high. The second important thing do is adjust the pressure on the gas valve according to manufacturers specifications. Improper gas valve pressure can increase burner noise significantly and possibly create a booming sound on start up. A manometer and licenced technician is required. Set up correctly these furnace are a s quiet as any. Installed properly they are as reliable as anything in the industry.

Date created: 2010-11-08 Name: David W.
Location: Toronto, ON

"Mr."
I just got a new York furnace, in around a week, the ignite is broken. Even worse, there's gas smell and the technician said it's normal when the furnace stops. Can someone tell me whether it's normal or not to have the gas smell beside the furnace? thanks,

Date created: 2010-11-02 Name: Craig Anthony
Location: Columbus, OH

"Highly Impressed"
Recently purchased a new York modulating furnace, came highly recommended from the local contractor who said it was the best furnace currently available on the market. Replaced an old in-efficient Trane furnace that was less than 10-years old and had multiple failures. Unit is much quieter and efficient, bills are substantially lower, should pay for itself in a few years. Furnace also qualified for Federal Tax Credit of $1500.

Date created: 2010-10-18 Name: Tom
Location: Milwaukee

"I Worked There"
Believe me when I tell you it is complete junk.All my old customers have nothing but warranty issues that the factory never honors. The Micro Channel Condensers leak all over the place and cannot be repaired but have to replace the whole coil.So how would you like to buy a new car only to have the motor go out after 300 miles, and they tell you that you have to replace the whole motor .I think most people would not go for that not even the people at York.They would want a new Car. The other furnace companies out there Carrier,Rheem ,Lennox dont have these problems.So do yourself a favor and dont buy a York

Date created: 2010-10-17 Name: C. Crawford
Location: Penticton, BC

"97.5 % Affinity Series"
I too did research on Furnaces and came to the conclusion they all have issues. I choose by contractor, rather than brand and choose a contractor that had been in the business with a good rating for over 20 years. Based on everything I have read, I am thankfull I did. Thus far my York has been great. I was worried it would not heat as well as my old Lennox furnace but it has very even heat and if you want to be very warm you can be. Its a bit noisy when it ramps up, but boy does it push out the warm air and that is exactly what I want my furnace to do when I am cold!