Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

Read more about York furnaces

Date created: 2011-01-05 Name: Dale
Location: Gilroy, CA

"Buyer Beware!!!"
I purchased a York 9C furnace in oct 06, in jan 08 the pressure switches went out and the unit would not run (after 2 company's came out and tried other fixes.ie repiped the exhaust pipe. It worked great again until now, same problem pressure switches again. Trust me and bye a carrier,lennox, anything else, these units break down.

Date created: 2010-12-31 Name: Virginia McD
Location: Santa Cruz, Ca.

"DO NOT BUY"
BUYER BEWARE X THREE!!! I had a furnace in good working order for 18 years. I replaced it with this product highly recommended by The Furnace Room, in Santa Cruz, California. The first day it worked for 4 hours. They replaced one board. It worked for 3 hours then stopped. I was advised I needed a non-programmable thermostat (inference that I couldn't comprehend a programmable one)& that since it was now Friday on a holiday weekend they'd charge me extra. I told them to fix the problem, replace the thermostat if needed and no I would not accept one that wasn't programmable. I trusted this company to give me good advice, I asked about the brands and was told this was equal to the best. That was not true.

Date created: 2010-12-29 Name: cindy
Location: Portland, Oregon

"Sorry I purchased"
This is another bad review for the York 9.C series...had this furnace 4 years now and had the repair guys out every winter since installation. I have little children and hate the house to get so cold, but also another hassle I don't have time for. Very dissatisfied with this furnace. I wish York could be forced to recall them.

Date created: 2010-12-27 Name: Charlie
Location: Upstate New York

"Affinity PM9"
New Install in Dec. 2007. 1 year later(Nov. 2008) the Pressure Switch quits. 1 year after that (Nov. 2009) the same problem. 1 year after that (Dec. 2010)PRESSURE SWITCH AGAIN. This time they will try Replacing the Condensate Pan & Gasket. It works perfectly fine for almost 1 year to date after the New Switch is Installed. No one seems to know why. Bad Switches, Condensate Problem, Bad Inducer Fan Maybe?, ??????

Date created: 2010-12-21 Name: Sara
Location: Chicago, IL

"York 92 Efficiency GY9S"
The York 92 % efficient furnace is crap. It does not work in the winter. I live in Chicago and when temperature goes close to zero the furnace does not work. It keeps cutting off, have already had 2 technicians come and check it. This furnace is waste of money.

Date created: 2010-12-20 Name: David K

"Model No. TM9X080C16MP11A"
We've had the unit for 1 yr. They had to replace a condensate drain reservoir after one year. My main concern is that every now and then the burners make a rather loud roaring sound not unlike my old Lenox furnace(in that case it was the flame igniting in one of the air intakes). I haven't been able to find what is causing the problem. Had the gas co. (propane) check the pressure, but that did not fix the problem. Don't know if this will have long term effect on the furnace?

Date created: 2010-12-17 Name: Vreeland
Location: Pepin,wi

"Very dissapointed"
We have had this furnace for about 6 years and have had a repair man out every spring for central air unit and every winter for the furnace it blows really good to bad it is cold air. We have to wear sweatshirts to bed to stay warm.

Date created: 2010-12-16 Name: J. Wan
Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA

"The most unreliable furnace"
I purchased York Affinity pc9 Series Furnace in Feb 2007. Right after warranty expiry, the ventor motor and the pressure switch broke in Dec 2008. The same pressure switch broke again in Feb 2010. Today, the same problem recurred. The service technician pin-pointed it to the pressure switch again. This is costly and unsafe in the cold winter. I believe there is a design flaw in this pressure switch in the pc9 series. How could it keep breaking down? I am so disappointed in York's poor quality. Can York send me a few pressure switches so that I can replace it when it breaks?

Date created: 2010-12-14 Name: Dan Meunier
Location: Edmonton Alberta

"York issues"
Flame sensor goes out leaving house cold - 3 times... installers have been great about warranty etc but York doesn't pay warranty labor so the installers are hesitant to come out if at all....so here I am with a 2 year old furnace that YORK doesn't want to look after even though I have a 10 year parts and labour warranty.. Replace thermistor, flame sensor...brutal brutal BRUTAL....I sure hope they read these forums...we like the furnace when it is operating but when it doesn't and YORK doesn't want to go to bat for the product - that's where the B/S starts...

Date created: 2010-12-14 Name: S.Wise
Location: Stow OH.

"Name plate"
I purchased a York furnace partly for its nameand also because it is made in Pa(My home state).What dissappointed me in it is where the York name should be proudly displayed are the words "Apply logo here".Is this actually a York or did the installer put some lesser furnace in?