Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

Read more about York furnaces

Date created: 2011-01-31 Name: C bartoli
Location: Califon NJ

"York Affinity Modulating furnace"
Installed York modulating 96% eff. furnace in Nov 2007. Furnace worked great for a year then pressure switch failed in Dec 2008 not allowing furnace to start. In Dec 2009 pressure switch failed again (this was discovered after service company replaced electronic control board and inducer blower motor but found that problem was with the pressure switch).In Dec 2010 pressure switch failed again (I guess they only last one year) Fortunately I have a 10 year warranty for parts and labor so I've not paid anything yet. Service company says they are having this pressure switch failure problem but York will not admit to the problem. Other than this problem the furnace with the modulating fature works great.

Date created: 2011-01-22 Name: J. R
Location: Can.

"York Furnace, "ya right""
Bought a york furnace about 3 years ago, worked well for the first 2 winters but this winter the furnace just stopped working. It stopped working on a monday, had a tech come in and fix it, then the furnace started leaking the same week on the tue. tech came in on wed fixed the problem. then the furnace stopped running same week fri. night. tech came sat. said that the furnace needed a new motor. same day motor was replaced furnace ran for about 1 hour and then broke down again! never ever again will i buy a york furnace again. i change the filter every 6 months, so i know its not the filter, tech confirmed it was not the filter. should have left my old furnace in, gave me way less problems, but since it was 18 years old i thought getting a new one would save me time and money.....guess not!

Date created: 2011-01-19 Name: D Larente
Location: Ottawa

"York Owner"
I'm amazed that people want to lay all the problems they have with their furnaces at the feet of the manufacturer.I have read most of the reviews and the running theme is the product is excellent when installed and maintained by a reputable contractor. You can take the best equipment,put it in the hands of a bad installer and it will never work properly. If your sales person does not size the unit correctly,again nothing but trouble. Paying for warranty work be it labour or otherwise is a ripoff and again you picked a bad contractor. York dealers include a 10 year parts AND labour warrant where I live.

Date created: 2011-01-11 Name: Craig Schmidt
Location: media Pa.

"Packaged heater/air conditioner"
We bought one of these becasue it is really the only way to go for single floor homes. The unit was installed by a very professional company in the summer. the air worked great. we loved it. When it came time yo fire up the heater the pilot would not light reliably unless the side cover was off. (very wierd) the delaer just about changedc every part in the damn thing to no avail. the factory sent someone out and they did the same thing. Same problem. Finally i got a call from the dealer saying York wanted to give us a brand new unit totally free of any charges. the did just that and the new unit works perfectly and heats the place so much better than our old indoor oil burner. York certainly backs up their warrany and their product. i was sorry to have the problem but thank God i picked York. the dealer(who sells almost every brand) said no other company would have doen that!

Date created: 2011-01-09 Name: E.Green
Location: Columbus OHIO

"GY9S plastic inducer fan is crap"
Less than a year after the warrentee expired ie 5 years , 11 months, 20 days from install the inducer fan scattered. Took it apart and discovered that the fan had very slightly been nicking the side of the fan housing until after long enough it melted and threw a fan blade and susequently the rest of the blades. This obviously left the factory in this condition and the piece of crap glued up cheap fan should be made of metal or nylon and the clearance should be confirmed before leaving the factory. Of course the entire assembly will have to be replaced because they won't sell you just the fan. So instead of $30 or $40 bucks it will cost $250 +. Thats with me doing the work myself. This would be $500 or more from a service entity.

Date created: 2011-01-07 Name: Mary Smith
Location: Whitby, Ontario

"Aire One heating & cooling Whitby"
My brother had York furnace and air conditioner installed by Aire One and was very happy with their quality service, so I decided to make the call to Aire One as well. I was very pleased with how professional Aire One staffs are. Arrived on time, showed me their I.D. Badge and done their job to exceed my satisfaction. They explained the operations of the furnace and air conditioner system, and they were very friendly, courteous, well mannered people. Overall an excellent job!!! I know of many people that would be happy to have service offered from Aire One like how my brother and I have received so farů

Date created: 2011-01-07 Name: Roger Stone
Location: North York, Ontario

"Aire One heating & cooling Markham"
Aire One took measurable steps in gaining my business, after my furnace had no heat, right away I made the call, and they had a sales guy who mentioned about the best furnace and efficiency unit for York. They quickly got the installer to get the job done next day. The technician was quick, clean and polite. Excellent job Aire One. I look forward to your continued excellent service!

Date created: 2011-01-07 Name: Brandon Segull
Location: Scarborough, Ontario

"Aire One heating & cooling"
Aire One provided very courteous service and very knowledgeable sales personal. Great warranty and installation was of high quality. Very happy that the job was done RIGHT and no mess left behind from the installers. Professional service from the very beginning to the end. I am now a proud owner of my York high efficiency unit for a fare price and extended warranty to give me the peace of mind.

Date created: 2011-01-06 Name: Deb S.
Location: Wayzata, MN

"Terrible Furnaces!"
We bought our house in summer of 2006. It had 2 York furnaces (one is zoned for the upstairs; the other is zoned for basement and main level). First time we turned on the furnaces, one didn't work. The HVAC service team was from the company that installed the furnaces in 2001 (their stickers were on the furnaces, so that's why we called them). Turns out a blower motor was burned out and had to be replaced. Since that winter, we have replaced five motors, and in early 2010 had to replace the SAME blower motor that we bought in fall of 2006. These are the worst furnaces we have EVER owned (this is our 4th home). In the past six weeks, one of the flame sensors has gone out twice ($200 a pop for a service call and flame sensor cleaning), and we've finally had it. I called two companies and are getting quotes next week on Carrier and Trane furnaces. It is ridiculous that after 9 years we are replacing furnaces, but they've been nothing but money pits for the 4 years we've lived here!

Date created: 2011-01-06 Name: Furnace Guy
Location: Flint, Michigan

"Wow! you poor babies."
Maybe next time you will call a professional. its not the furnace.