Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

Read more about York furnaces

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2011-02-10 Name: N. Connors

"Recurring York Furnace Problems"
Obviously, the positive reviews are york company representatives. My york affinity 9.m furnace is 6 years old. I've replaced the inducer fan + motor because the motor/bearings failed in the first one ($265 part). Tried bearing only replacement, but the motor is not truly serviceable, meaning you eventually have to replace the whole thing. At the same time, the pressure switch failed (3 blinking reds, pressure switch stuck open, another $20 part). That meant he furnace wouldn't come on during the coldest day of the year, it was 8 degrees outside. Now the error is "low flame sense current" meaning that the flame sensor is probably going bad. That'll be another $10-$20. My old furnace was 50 years old and it was more reliable than this piece of junk. stay away from york affinity!

Date created: 2011-02-05 Name: David Krause
Location: Seattle, WA

"Rumbling York Variable Speed Ele Furnace"
Spend $4,000+ on a new electric furnace from York. The Plus - It does provide heat. Neg - the variable speed fan rumbles for 5-10 seconds every time it starts up while it adjusts. Humm this is a feature? even the constant fan option is loud. When I reviewed the reviews of York there is a huge unsatified customer base. How about the York management come over to my house and check out my problem?

Date created: 2011-02-04 Name: r. lawrence
Location: canada

"Tm9x"
I bought this furnace a year ago and am ready to replace it. It has to run on at least the third speed otherwise it overheats. On this speed the rushing air noise keeps us awake. Can't get rid of it fast enough. I am trying to get my money back.

Date created: 2011-02-03 Name: Mrs. harris
Location: bridge city

"York sucks"
My new York system is broke and leaking freon again. I'm calling BBB. Factory are lairs. Don't buy this brand.

Date created: 2011-01-31 Name: C bartoli
Location: Califon NJ

"York Affinity Modulating furnace"
Installed York modulating 96% eff. furnace in Nov 2007. Furnace worked great for a year then pressure switch failed in Dec 2008 not allowing furnace to start. In Dec 2009 pressure switch failed again (this was discovered after service company replaced electronic control board and inducer blower motor but found that problem was with the pressure switch).In Dec 2010 pressure switch failed again (I guess they only last one year) Fortunately I have a 10 year warranty for parts and labor so I've not paid anything yet. Service company says they are having this pressure switch failure problem but York will not admit to the problem. Other than this problem the furnace with the modulating fature works great.

Date created: 2011-01-22 Name: J. R
Location: Can.

"York Furnace, "ya right""
Bought a york furnace about 3 years ago, worked well for the first 2 winters but this winter the furnace just stopped working. It stopped working on a monday, had a tech come in and fix it, then the furnace started leaking the same week on the tue. tech came in on wed fixed the problem. then the furnace stopped running same week fri. night. tech came sat. said that the furnace needed a new motor. same day motor was replaced furnace ran for about 1 hour and then broke down again! never ever again will i buy a york furnace again. i change the filter every 6 months, so i know its not the filter, tech confirmed it was not the filter. should have left my old furnace in, gave me way less problems, but since it was 18 years old i thought getting a new one would save me time and money.....guess not!

Date created: 2011-01-19 Name: D Larente
Location: Ottawa

"York Owner"
I'm amazed that people want to lay all the problems they have with their furnaces at the feet of the manufacturer.I have read most of the reviews and the running theme is the product is excellent when installed and maintained by a reputable contractor. You can take the best equipment,put it in the hands of a bad installer and it will never work properly. If your sales person does not size the unit correctly,again nothing but trouble. Paying for warranty work be it labour or otherwise is a ripoff and again you picked a bad contractor. York dealers include a 10 year parts AND labour warrant where I live.

Date created: 2011-01-11 Name: Craig Schmidt
Location: media Pa.

"Packaged heater/air conditioner"
We bought one of these becasue it is really the only way to go for single floor homes. The unit was installed by a very professional company in the summer. the air worked great. we loved it. When it came time yo fire up the heater the pilot would not light reliably unless the side cover was off. (very wierd) the delaer just about changedc every part in the damn thing to no avail. the factory sent someone out and they did the same thing. Same problem. Finally i got a call from the dealer saying York wanted to give us a brand new unit totally free of any charges. the did just that and the new unit works perfectly and heats the place so much better than our old indoor oil burner. York certainly backs up their warrany and their product. i was sorry to have the problem but thank God i picked York. the dealer(who sells almost every brand) said no other company would have doen that!

Date created: 2011-01-09 Name: E.Green
Location: Columbus OHIO

"GY9S plastic inducer fan is crap"
Less than a year after the warrentee expired ie 5 years , 11 months, 20 days from install the inducer fan scattered. Took it apart and discovered that the fan had very slightly been nicking the side of the fan housing until after long enough it melted and threw a fan blade and susequently the rest of the blades. This obviously left the factory in this condition and the piece of crap glued up cheap fan should be made of metal or nylon and the clearance should be confirmed before leaving the factory. Of course the entire assembly will have to be replaced because they won't sell you just the fan. So instead of $30 or $40 bucks it will cost $250 +. Thats with me doing the work myself. This would be $500 or more from a service entity.

Date created: 2011-01-07 Name: Mary Smith
Location: Whitby, Ontario

"Aire One heating & cooling Whitby"
My brother had York furnace and air conditioner installed by Aire One and was very happy with their quality service, so I decided to make the call to Aire One as well. I was very pleased with how professional Aire One staffs are. Arrived on time, showed me their I.D. Badge and done their job to exceed my satisfaction. They explained the operations of the furnace and air conditioner system, and they were very friendly, courteous, well mannered people. Overall an excellent job!!! I know of many people that would be happy to have service offered from Aire One like how my brother and I have received so farů

<< Previous1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>