Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

Read more about York furnaces

Date created: 2010-12-21 Name: Sara
Location: Chicago, IL

"York 92 Efficiency GY9S"
The York 92 % efficient furnace is crap. It does not work in the winter. I live in Chicago and when temperature goes close to zero the furnace does not work. It keeps cutting off, have already had 2 technicians come and check it. This furnace is waste of money.

Date created: 2010-12-20 Name: David K

"Model No. TM9X080C16MP11A"
We've had the unit for 1 yr. They had to replace a condensate drain reservoir after one year. My main concern is that every now and then the burners make a rather loud roaring sound not unlike my old Lenox furnace(in that case it was the flame igniting in one of the air intakes). I haven't been able to find what is causing the problem. Had the gas co. (propane) check the pressure, but that did not fix the problem. Don't know if this will have long term effect on the furnace?

Date created: 2010-12-17 Name: Vreeland
Location: Pepin,wi

"Very dissapointed"
We have had this furnace for about 6 years and have had a repair man out every spring for central air unit and every winter for the furnace it blows really good to bad it is cold air. We have to wear sweatshirts to bed to stay warm.

Date created: 2010-12-16 Name: J. Wan
Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA

"The most unreliable furnace"
I purchased York Affinity pc9 Series Furnace in Feb 2007. Right after warranty expiry, the ventor motor and the pressure switch broke in Dec 2008. The same pressure switch broke again in Feb 2010. Today, the same problem recurred. The service technician pin-pointed it to the pressure switch again. This is costly and unsafe in the cold winter. I believe there is a design flaw in this pressure switch in the pc9 series. How could it keep breaking down? I am so disappointed in York's poor quality. Can York send me a few pressure switches so that I can replace it when it breaks?

Date created: 2010-12-14 Name: Dan Meunier
Location: Edmonton Alberta

"York issues"
Flame sensor goes out leaving house cold - 3 times... installers have been great about warranty etc but York doesn't pay warranty labor so the installers are hesitant to come out if at all....so here I am with a 2 year old furnace that YORK doesn't want to look after even though I have a 10 year parts and labour warranty.. Replace thermistor, flame sensor...brutal brutal BRUTAL....I sure hope they read these forums...we like the furnace when it is operating but when it doesn't and YORK doesn't want to go to bat for the product - that's where the B/S starts...

Date created: 2010-12-14 Name: S.Wise
Location: Stow OH.

"Name plate"
I purchased a York furnace partly for its nameand also because it is made in Pa(My home state).What dissappointed me in it is where the York name should be proudly displayed are the words "Apply logo here".Is this actually a York or did the installer put some lesser furnace in?

Date created: 2010-12-14 Name: Brandon Smith
Location: South Jordan, Utah

"JUNK!"
Brand new house- first summer the air conditioner compressor went out- $1500 to repair. Now its winter and the furnace keeps going out. We are waiting for a repairman, oh boy can't wait to see what this will cost. STAY AWAY from YORK!! JUNK JUNK JUNK!!!!!

Date created: 2010-12-12 Name: L. Fair
Location: Ontario, Canada

"Cold as Ice"
How do I get my old furnace back. We are freezing, and NOT impressed.

Date created: 2010-12-10 Name: W. Devisser
Location: Bangor, MI

"Affinity 98%"
We are estatic with the York Affinity, the fuel savings,quiet performance,and outstanding installation crew. It heats evenly and you don't even know it's running. Very comfortable, and would highly recommend it to everyone who is going green!

Date created: 2010-12-08 Name: Paul Arsenault
Location: Ontario Canada

"Not happy"
This furnace is nothing but maintance