Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

Read more about York furnaces

Date created: 2011-02-28 Name: j wise
Location: camillus new york

"Unsatisfactory"
Bought a york furnace october of o7...since december of 10 and feb 28 th of 11 , have had 4 repair calls at a total of $550 dollars with a part that was under warrenty...still stops running , is not dependable , when i call my repair guy the next time, he will be bringing a new 2 stage heil. i have no recourse, the installer of the york retired and york offices, now owned by johnson contols, told me there is no lemon program...i have to keep replacing parts or have my present heating guy go to the supplier...mean while i use electric heaters when it stops working. i've had enough.i had a another furnace for 17 years and it rusted out. never failed, always kept us warm. this york is a big piece of metal junk.

Date created: 2011-02-17 Name: Rob
Location: Edmonton

"So far so good"
Installed yp9c not long ago, but way better than the old mid-efficient arcoaire furnace. Much quieter than the old mid efficient furnace with id fan, and single stage gas and blower. Used to have to turn up the radio/tv when the old furnace started, but not now. We'll see how happy I am in a year or two, but have 10 year/part/labor warranty.

Date created: 2011-02-10 Name: N. Connors

"Recurring York Furnace Problems"
Obviously, the positive reviews are york company representatives. My york affinity 9.m furnace is 6 years old. I've replaced the inducer fan + motor because the motor/bearings failed in the first one ($265 part). Tried bearing only replacement, but the motor is not truly serviceable, meaning you eventually have to replace the whole thing. At the same time, the pressure switch failed (3 blinking reds, pressure switch stuck open, another $20 part). That meant he furnace wouldn't come on during the coldest day of the year, it was 8 degrees outside. Now the error is "low flame sense current" meaning that the flame sensor is probably going bad. That'll be another $10-$20. My old furnace was 50 years old and it was more reliable than this piece of junk. stay away from york affinity!

Date created: 2011-02-05 Name: David Krause
Location: Seattle, WA

"Rumbling York Variable Speed Ele Furnace"
Spend $4,000+ on a new electric furnace from York. The Plus - It does provide heat. Neg - the variable speed fan rumbles for 5-10 seconds every time it starts up while it adjusts. Humm this is a feature? even the constant fan option is loud. When I reviewed the reviews of York there is a huge unsatified customer base. How about the York management come over to my house and check out my problem?

Date created: 2011-02-04 Name: r. lawrence
Location: canada

"Tm9x"
I bought this furnace a year ago and am ready to replace it. It has to run on at least the third speed otherwise it overheats. On this speed the rushing air noise keeps us awake. Can't get rid of it fast enough. I am trying to get my money back.

Date created: 2011-02-03 Name: Mrs. harris
Location: bridge city

"York sucks"
My new York system is broke and leaking freon again. I'm calling BBB. Factory are lairs. Don't buy this brand.

Date created: 2011-01-31 Name: C bartoli
Location: Califon NJ

"York Affinity Modulating furnace"
Installed York modulating 96% eff. furnace in Nov 2007. Furnace worked great for a year then pressure switch failed in Dec 2008 not allowing furnace to start. In Dec 2009 pressure switch failed again (this was discovered after service company replaced electronic control board and inducer blower motor but found that problem was with the pressure switch).In Dec 2010 pressure switch failed again (I guess they only last one year) Fortunately I have a 10 year warranty for parts and labor so I've not paid anything yet. Service company says they are having this pressure switch failure problem but York will not admit to the problem. Other than this problem the furnace with the modulating fature works great.

Date created: 2011-01-22 Name: J. R
Location: Can.

"York Furnace, "ya right""
Bought a york furnace about 3 years ago, worked well for the first 2 winters but this winter the furnace just stopped working. It stopped working on a monday, had a tech come in and fix it, then the furnace started leaking the same week on the tue. tech came in on wed fixed the problem. then the furnace stopped running same week fri. night. tech came sat. said that the furnace needed a new motor. same day motor was replaced furnace ran for about 1 hour and then broke down again! never ever again will i buy a york furnace again. i change the filter every 6 months, so i know its not the filter, tech confirmed it was not the filter. should have left my old furnace in, gave me way less problems, but since it was 18 years old i thought getting a new one would save me time and money.....guess not!

Date created: 2011-01-19 Name: D Larente
Location: Ottawa

"York Owner"
I'm amazed that people want to lay all the problems they have with their furnaces at the feet of the manufacturer.I have read most of the reviews and the running theme is the product is excellent when installed and maintained by a reputable contractor. You can take the best equipment,put it in the hands of a bad installer and it will never work properly. If your sales person does not size the unit correctly,again nothing but trouble. Paying for warranty work be it labour or otherwise is a ripoff and again you picked a bad contractor. York dealers include a 10 year parts AND labour warrant where I live.

Date created: 2011-01-11 Name: Craig Schmidt
Location: media Pa.

"Packaged heater/air conditioner"
We bought one of these becasue it is really the only way to go for single floor homes. The unit was installed by a very professional company in the summer. the air worked great. we loved it. When it came time yo fire up the heater the pilot would not light reliably unless the side cover was off. (very wierd) the delaer just about changedc every part in the damn thing to no avail. the factory sent someone out and they did the same thing. Same problem. Finally i got a call from the dealer saying York wanted to give us a brand new unit totally free of any charges. the did just that and the new unit works perfectly and heats the place so much better than our old indoor oil burner. York certainly backs up their warrany and their product. i was sorry to have the problem but thank God i picked York. the dealer(who sells almost every brand) said no other company would have doen that!