Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

Read more about York furnaces

Date created: 2011-03-21 Name: Neil Henderson
Location: bowmanville ontario canada

"Not a bad furnace"
After many years in the HVAC trade I can tell you that most furnace problems are due to poor installation and not bad equiptment people should be writing reviews on installers not furnaces.

Date created: 2011-03-21 Name: DK Otterbacher
Location: Hebron, IL

"Draft/inducer motors"
York gas furnace & AC installed Aug. 1998. June 3, 2004 - draft/inducer motor replaced June 8, 2004 - draft/inducer motor defective and replaced while under warranty, paid for labor. Dec. 20, 2004 - draft/inducer motor replaced while under warranty, paid for labor Aug. 13, 2010 - Capasitor replaced and freon added March 15, 2011 - draft/inducer motor replaced

Date created: 2011-03-10 Name: john simpson
Location: federal way,wa

"Owner"
About 10 years ago, I bought this York gas heating system. For the first two years all was ok. After that, it has been an expensive machine to keep running. It is also difficult to find a competent repair shop too. This winter, it began cutting out and not restarting. it would get up to temp, but not come back on whne the ttemp dropped again. I checked and reset the rollout switch, but it only runs throuhg one cycle before acting up. The repair man replaced the rollout switch, and that imp[roved iut, but did not cure it. After being away for a week, i reset teh thermostat to bring it up to 68 deg. from 60deg. It ran up to 66 deg, then stopped, for five mins, then came back on, but blowing cold. Code #1 was flashing so I shut off the electric power, waited 30 secs, then switched it back on; it ran, with no code, on an off all night. This morning, back to same old problem and the repair shop now tells me just to replace th whole machine! It may be a few years old but I just don't believe that this constanbt procession o freplacement parts is the right way to diagnose or repair it. Is there some way I can diagnosis and repair instructions? I have quite a bit of experience with electronically controlled machinery, so can probably get to the bottom of it myself.

Date created: 2011-03-08 Name: Linda Leaman
Location: Englewood, Ohio

"Retired"
I had my old Janitrol replaced last year with a new "York" unit. This unit is very LOUD and noisy and I have been very unhappy with it since I bought it. There is absolutely nothing we can do about the NOISE level and it sounds like a jet engine taking off....never again will I purchase a "YORK" or recommend this unit to anyone.

Date created: 2011-02-28 Name: j wise
Location: camillus new york

"Unsatisfactory"
Bought a york furnace october of o7...since december of 10 and feb 28 th of 11 , have had 4 repair calls at a total of $550 dollars with a part that was under warrenty...still stops running , is not dependable , when i call my repair guy the next time, he will be bringing a new 2 stage heil. i have no recourse, the installer of the york retired and york offices, now owned by johnson contols, told me there is no lemon program...i have to keep replacing parts or have my present heating guy go to the supplier...mean while i use electric heaters when it stops working. i've had enough.i had a another furnace for 17 years and it rusted out. never failed, always kept us warm. this york is a big piece of metal junk.

Date created: 2011-02-17 Name: Rob
Location: Edmonton

"So far so good"
Installed yp9c not long ago, but way better than the old mid-efficient arcoaire furnace. Much quieter than the old mid efficient furnace with id fan, and single stage gas and blower. Used to have to turn up the radio/tv when the old furnace started, but not now. We'll see how happy I am in a year or two, but have 10 year/part/labor warranty.

Date created: 2011-02-10 Name: N. Connors

"Recurring York Furnace Problems"
Obviously, the positive reviews are york company representatives. My york affinity 9.m furnace is 6 years old. I've replaced the inducer fan + motor because the motor/bearings failed in the first one ($265 part). Tried bearing only replacement, but the motor is not truly serviceable, meaning you eventually have to replace the whole thing. At the same time, the pressure switch failed (3 blinking reds, pressure switch stuck open, another $20 part). That meant he furnace wouldn't come on during the coldest day of the year, it was 8 degrees outside. Now the error is "low flame sense current" meaning that the flame sensor is probably going bad. That'll be another $10-$20. My old furnace was 50 years old and it was more reliable than this piece of junk. stay away from york affinity!

Date created: 2011-02-05 Name: David Krause
Location: Seattle, WA

"Rumbling York Variable Speed Ele Furnace"
Spend $4,000+ on a new electric furnace from York. The Plus - It does provide heat. Neg - the variable speed fan rumbles for 5-10 seconds every time it starts up while it adjusts. Humm this is a feature? even the constant fan option is loud. When I reviewed the reviews of York there is a huge unsatified customer base. How about the York management come over to my house and check out my problem?

Date created: 2011-02-04 Name: r. lawrence
Location: canada

"Tm9x"
I bought this furnace a year ago and am ready to replace it. It has to run on at least the third speed otherwise it overheats. On this speed the rushing air noise keeps us awake. Can't get rid of it fast enough. I am trying to get my money back.

Date created: 2011-02-03 Name: Mrs. harris
Location: bridge city

"York sucks"
My new York system is broke and leaking freon again. I'm calling BBB. Factory are lairs. Don't buy this brand.