Consumer Reviews of York furnaces

Read more about York furnaces

1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>

Date created: 2018-11-10 Name: Franz. F.
Location: Salt Lake City, UT

"Very Bad Choice"
We purchased this furnace after the 20+ year-old, low efficiency furnace finally gave out last October, 2017. I was looking forward to replacing it with a high efficiency and more quiet model, which is why I went with the more expensive 96%, 2 stage, variable speed (ecm) model. Once installed, the first problem was that it was so loud that it felt like being in the back seat of an old md-80 jet airplane. This required adjusting down the speed of the motor as much as possible so that it was tolerable - but not quieter than the old unit I replaced. We were told that this would make it operate even more efficiently and we even replaced old return vents, and registers, plus cleaning of ducts, to try to minimize the noise, to no avail. I even replaced my thermostat with a Nest model to better control the furnace settings. After a year of use, looking at my gas usage history for the past three years, I see that the amount used has not changed at all, even though we had a very mild winter last year (Salt Lake City, IT). When looking at the weather adjusted usage, it shows a marked increase in gas consumption! Trying to deal with York (Johnson Controls) has also been a waste of time. They offer no assistance at all and will throw the blame back on your home. I am beyond disappointed and wish I had read reviews sooner. If you are looking for a new furnace, stay away from York and Johnson Controls. Save yourself some grief.

Date created: 2018-11-08 Name: Michael Melton
Location: North Carolina

"Contractor fail"
I have been selling and installing York/JCI equipment for decades. We have installed thousands, and as an authorized dealer, we are trained by the factory and stay on top of all the new equipment install requirements. Our warranty program is in two parts. 10 year parts, which does not include labor costs, and then part two is offered at a small additional charge, which includes parts, labor, and anything else needed to make the repairs or replacement of the faulty equipment. When installed properly, these unit simply do not have problems. Out of over 5,000 systems we have had 4 actual warranties, which is an unheard of low percentage industry wide. Each contractor is obligated to explain the system warranties and what is available to them to be sure to have all the correct information. Each review I have seen on this system is of issues that were avoidable if installed or managed correctly by the dealer. True York dealers that do the job right just don't have these issues.
Date created: 2018-11-01 Name: Keith M.
Location: Rochester, NY

"Awful Product - Don't Buy York"
This furnace is the Affinity 9.c series and is less than 10 years old and for the last three years it has had one issue after another. I do yearly cleaning every year, but there is always an issue. Condensate collects in the box, the blower failed, the pressure switch or rollout sensor fails. And now they think the mother board is failing. Never again. I am replacing it with a Rheem!
Date created: 2018-09-16 Name: T. Jefferies
Location: Powell River, BC

"Condensate unit of furnace"
This is the second York furnace that has been installed. It's a single stage TM9E060B12MP11. I am getting something else from the furnace that causes me to get dizzy. The last furnace, I used an air quality monitor from the health unit and it showed up Nitrogen Dioxide on one of the readings, which was unexpected. It was then that the furnace was replaced. Now, I am having the same problem with this second unit that has been installed. I am getting dizzy again and feel better if I open up the windows and doors. I am wondering if the condensate unit inside the furnace is faulty in some way, i.e. seals and they are not expelling the condensate properly and it is getting into the heat exchanger area. Is there anyone that can help?
Date created: 2018-08-28 Name: Bob selles
Location: KCMO

I deal York and every item out of the box turns out working wrong. Changing my dealership to another reliable brand.
Date created: 2018-03-01 Name: Nikki Dunn-Critser
Location: Burlington, IA

"Excellent furnace"
My furnace installation went as smooth as could be for having my whole unit die a few days after Christmas. Itís quiet and efficient, and seems to be working out beautifully. Itís heating my 2600 square foot home that was built in the 1860s. My bill has not gone up at all and I turned the thermostat up higher than I had it before. The unit is much much smaller than my old one too, which is a nice bonus. Iím very happy with the financing and payment schedule offered also.
Date created: 2018-02-23 Name: Peter Cacoperdo
Location: Elephant Butte, NM

"York"
I was surprised and disappointed to find how low an efficiency rating the unit has.
Date created: 2018-02-21 Name: Rose
Location: Manhattan, KS

"Thank you York! No Space Heater Needed Anymore!"
I have had to use a space heater in my Master Bedroom for years. I tried adding foam insulation around the window frames and covered the windows with plastic etc, etc. After having a York furnace installed, I have no more problems. I couldn't believe the difference in the whole house. The heat was consistent in each room. Now I have to turn the temperature down at bedtime or the room gets too warm. What a switch. If I had know what a difference it would have made to have a new more efficient unit I would have bought it years ago. Thanks York! No more space heater needed.
Date created: 2018-02-19 Name: JIM
Location: Millstone. Nj

"Central gas furnace"
The York gas heating system is very efficient, quiet & cost saving
Date created: 2018-02-19 Name: Kathleen York
Location: Kingston Ontario

"Furnace installation"
I recently had a new furnace installed and I am extremely happy with the furnace and the service provider that put it in.
1234567891011121314151617181920Next >>