Consumer Reviews of Williams furnaces

Read more about Williams furnaces

Date created: 2015-05-08 Location: Columbia, SC

"Williams 40,000 BTU Direct Vent Gas Wall Furnace"
This review is for the Williams 40,000 BTU Direct Vent Gas Wall Furnace. I've owned this particular furnace for about 2.5 years. Over the course of this time the unit has had a few issues, but does warm up the house (~800 sq. ft.) pretty well. The main issue that I've had with this unit is the fan located on the top of the furnace. The fan and the housing that has been put around it sometimes make contact when operating at higher speeds. The result of this is what sounds like a jackhammer in the house. The fan is usually spinning at a faster rate of speed when the furnace is working harder and when that happens that's when the awful noise begins. I've tried fixing this issue myself and haven't had much luck. Most of the time I try and tune it out. Other than the noise of the unit, it does actually heat the house very nicely. It runs on natural gas and the bill for using the furnace is not bad at all. Overall I'd probably give it 2.5/5.

Date created: 2015-03-16 Location: Richmond, Virginia

"Great hot furnace"
I brought my Williams furnace last year around the fall to heat my bathroom. Before installing it I was dreading showering because how cold it gets at night. As a result I got this small and compact furnace to warm up the bathroom. This model is very small and easy to use, not getting in my way. It also helped me to save a lot of money. Before getting it I had to warm up all of my house, now I can isolate it to just my bathroom. What I did not like was the break in smell. During the first week of use, there was a strong smell of weird chemical odor. I ran it for a couple of days with the doors and window open before it disappeared. Other than that small annoyance I am well satisfied with my Williams furnace and I definitely recommend it to others.

Date created: 2011-10-18 Name: A. Smith
Location: Wisconsin

"Not impressed"
Our landlord thought it would be a good idea to heat our small home with this unit. She was beside herself when she discovered the pilot doesn't stay lit, the blower was obnoxious and it could never heat up to the desired t-stat setting...and she claims it's only 2 years old! No, I would not buy this unit again and it would be in my landlord's best interest to get a new unit as well.

Date created: 2011-05-06 Location: Los Angeles, CA

"The Experience I've Had With My Home Furnace Has Been Both Positive and Negative"
I've had my current home furnace for almost two and a half years. I enjoy that my home furnace keeps the each room nice and warm when it starts to circulate around the whole house. It also keeps the house nice and cozy for a long time after it has heated up the place even when I turn it off. What I dislike is how long it takes for each room to get warm. It usually takes at least three hours to heat up my small one bedroom home, and even longer on the really cold winter days. I've had to relight the furnace multiple times and even had to call in a professional to do so after a few unsuccessful attempts within my first two months of using it. The repair man was able to successfully get it to work. These were the only situations when a repair person was called in to work on the furnace. I probably would change brands if I knew one with better performance. I don't think I would recommend it to a friend.