Consumer Reviews of Whirlpool furnaces

Read more about Whirlpool furnaces

Date created: 2015-07-06 Name: M. Baillot
Location: Ottawa, Canada

"Warranty"
My warranty is a minimum of 5 years, and I have the 10 year parts and labour and Lifetime unit replacement. The 5 year is up at the end of October 2015. The condensate pump has been replaced at my cost. It's been leaking and it appears that rust is leaking from the bolts inside the panel. Ideal Home Comfort has avoided all calls on this issue and now refuses all warranty work based on the fact that it has not been serviced every year. Completely ignored. I got a company called CYB Heating and Cooling to replace the pump. Both Ideal and Goodman seem to not take any responsibility. So the warranty is worthless. Hard to find out anything with a company and manufacturer that ignore you.

Date created: 2013-08-30 Name: G C
Location: Toronto, ON

"Won't Buy Any Whirlpool Product in My Life"
We are a well-known heating contractor in Toronto. We were Whirlpool furnace and air conditioner dealer back in 2007-2009. I won't recommend Whirlpool product to any customer in my life. Why? Because Whirlpool doesn't honor the warranty and treats the end users very bad. Armstrong made furnace for Whirlpool before 2010, Whirlpool just put the name plate on it. In 2010, the contract between Whirlpool and Armstrong stopped, then Goodman has made furnace for Whirlpool since 2010. Since then, all Whirlpool customers (before 2010) are not able to get warranty parts from both Whirlpool and local dealer. Our customers and our company called Whirlpool and local distributor many times for warranty parts. They just kicked the ball between the Whirlpool and local distributor. At the end, some of our customers have to buy a new furnace or AC after a few years. do you trust this kind of manufacturer? NO!!!!!!!! Whirlpool doesn't make furnace, Whirlpool doesn't take care of customers at all.

Date created: 2013-02-08 Name: Gary
Location: New Jersey

"EXCELLENT FURNACE"
My father and I both got the Whirlpool Gold gas furnace 3 seasons ago. I canít tell you how happy we both are! Our heating bills plummeted; the unit is quiet and does a fantastic job. I am 50 and I have to admit this is in the top 5 of the best purchases I ever made. For me to take the time to find a place to write a review 3 years later should be testament to how happy I am. Make sure you have it professionally installed! Donít skimp here...this is the key!

Date created: 2013-01-20 Name: B. Porter
Location: Red Deer AB

"WhirlPool Gold has failed after 15 months"
It is minus 20 c and my 15 month old furnace has quit. Take two aspirins and call the installer in the morning.

Date created: 2011-06-12 Name: Jack M.
Location: Newmarket, Ontario

"Its all about the installer"
I am very happy with my whrilpool furnace. Its very quiet and I noticed a significant drop in my heating bill after it was installed. I was very careful in choosing the dealer who would install my furnace as I read its more about the installation the the brand and they were right. I would recommend Schomberg Sheet Metal to anyone. Very professional, neat, on time and their price wasn't the highest either!

Date created: 2011-06-02 Location: St. Louis, MO

"Incredible Whirlpool Furnace"
We installed this furnace along with a matching 4ton a/c unit over four years ago. It was installed with a 3 zone computer controlled damper system to separately condition the three floors of our home. This furnace was ideal because it has a dual stage combustion chamber depending on how much demand there is. So besides being 95% efficient, the furnace can run at 70% or 100% heating capacity which saves on utility bills when the whole house doesn't need heat at the same time. It also had a variable speed blower which made start ups and shut downs almost unnoticeable. The blower actually ramps up to speed discreetly and adjusts itself according to the amount of back-pressure it senses. This allows it to respond to varying conditions as each of the 3 thermostats are calling for heating or cooling at different times. And yes here in St. Louis we have had days that require heat on the first floor and a/c on the third floor at the same time. The controller cycles between the two every 15 mintutes. All of these features make it ideal for our 2200sq ft three story brick home(four including the basement where it is installed). This furnace and control system along with new ductwork and dampers were able to replace the two old furnaces and a/c units originally in the home. We haven't had a single problem with it in over four years and would recommend Whirlpool Gold products to anyone I know. If I ever had to do this again in another house I would do exactly the same thing with exactly the same products.

Date created: 2010-04-30 Name: CF

"Whirlpool made by Goodman?"
Looking at the Whirlpool.. very little info. Their manual looks like a Goodman unit.

Date created: 2010-04-08 Name: B. Crouch

"I have one and have no problems with it"
Was weary due to not a name associated with furnaces, but we installed a 100,000 Btu unit 2 stage and have not had any issues thus far.