Consumer Reviews of WEIL-MCLAIN furnaces

Read more about WEIL-MCLAIN furnaces

Date created: 2014-11-24 Name: Mrs. Price
Location: NH, CT

"Great customer service!"
North Carolina office. Impeccable customer service and call back/response time. Shannon is the administrative assistant. Ryan is the warranty manager. Aaron is the warranty manager and life saver! I'm a very pleased customer!

Date created: 2012-03-05 Name: Mike Gray
Location: Washington Court House OH

"MOST boiler problems are installation, NOT the boiler!!"
I install boilers for a living, mostly Weil McClain and Burnham. I work on the rest. I have found that nearly all of the problems I read about on these review sites are installation / service related. The boiler manufacturer gets blamed when the installer or servicer is generally at fault. NO product will work properly if it is not INSTALLED CORRECTLY or is not serviced by someone who truly knows what they are doing!!!

Date created: 2011-07-11 Name: lee
Location: ct

"WTGO"
I bought a new 3 piece weil mclain in 2009. it works fine so far but the noice is very troublesome. They claim it was one the quietest in the class but it is th eopposite. It is louder than my old 45 year old by two folds. Does anyone know why that is? Is it because it runs on high pressure pump? Read reviews before you invest.

Date created: 2011-04-26 Location: Mountain Top, PA

"My Weil- Mclean Furnace"
I like my furnace. I have not had any major issues with it. The home I purchased two years ago had the furnace in for eight years. I have had to repair the igniter a month or so ago but that is a simple fix. I like it because it seems to be well made. This furnace has been working for about 10 years now. The prior homeowner has not had to replace anything.

Date created: 2011-03-14 Name: Always Cold
Location: Central Massachusetts

"Avoid Weil-McLain"
Installed Ultra Series 3. Boiler is junk. Has never worked right. Cold water, cold house. Repeated service calls, rebuilds and poor customer service by Weil McLain. Learn from our misfortune. Avoid Weil-McLain.

Date created: 2010-11-21 Name: D. Andres
Location: Ohio

"Bad control module"
This unit is 2 years old. No heat and no hot water today. Have to wait until tomorrow to get the part and hopefully get it fixed. Also, I have tepid water in the summer and blazing hot water in the winter even though the water heater with it has a control for temperature.

Date created: 2009-12-29 Name: P O'Dowd

"Weil-McLain not reliable; lock outs persist"
This gv-7 high efficiency furnace has had lock out problems from the start. The control module ($250) has been replaced three times without change. Ironically, it performs worst in cold weather - locking out multiple times in a now cold house. I found that using basement air as the intake air (it's supposed to be a sealed outside air intake only but if the air is cold it doesn't work). I virtually eliminated the lockouts. I have a co-meter near the unit which registers zero (as expected). You would think a furnace manufacturer would design a unit that works in the cold weather...duh. Never again Weil-McLain.

Date created: 2009-12-16 Name: Ernest Mallett

"Owner"
This is my second propane Ultra Weil-Mclain furnace. I experience high temp lock down too often. The furnace is not dependable. Please advise. I have contacted my local rep for your company and waiting for a return call.

Date created: 2009-12-15 Name: Dermot Burke

"Old one better"
I replaced my 30-year old unit for a new Weil-McLain. We had it for two years and it has broken down 9 times. That's right 9 times, a piece of junk. Do not buy from this company.

Date created: 2009-03-25 Name: WEIL-MCLAIN

"Weil-McLain"
I bought a house four years ago with a 30 year old wm boiler in it. I was worried that I'll have to replace it soon after I move in. But it is still working like a champ. I am now preparing to replace my burnham unit with a wm in my other unit but something in the reviews here is concerning me. Based on the reviews here it appears that most of the older wm units are running well with minimal complains where as the newer units have a lot of complains. Now I have to think hard before I go with wm because of what I read here!