Consumer Reviews of WEATHERKING furnaces

Read more about WEATHERKING furnaces

Date created: 2008-04-04 Name: GLEN LILLQUIST
Location: Georgia

Ouch. defective induced draft fan motor drips water down onto burner plate, fills up plate and stops flow of gas. actual rust on burner plate. I take it off, scrape the rust off and replace only to have it do the same thing, couple times a month. dunno how to fix this.

Date created: 2008-03-31 Name: Michelle
Location: Warren, Michigan

We bought our house with this furnace already installed. We have had the blower motor go out 2 years ago and now the igniter. This furnace cannot keep our house warmer than 65 degrees, and in Michigan that's not good enough

Date created: 2008-03-24 Name: karmen k sawh
Location: South Dakota

Have had to repair it 3 times in one winter season. the repairman says its becoming a common problem of combustion build up and not allowing the heater to fire up. This furnace is awful.

Date created: 2008-03-07 Name: C.W. Muse
Location: York, PA

I had trouble with the furnace within one month of moving into my new house. First the circuit board fried and then it started shutting off. I would come home and the house would be 50 degrees. I had the the repairman here so many time I've actually gotten to know him quite well. If I shut it off and turned it back on it would start again. Sometimes it would continue to run on the first try, sometimes it would take hours of turning it off and on to get the house to the set temperature. I'm currently looking to have it replaced. To anyone who is considering having one installed I would look to other brands.

Date created: 2008-02-25 Name: IBMally

Just installed two weeks ago, nothing but trouble so far. Installer claims my ducts are not allowing enough air flow and causing it to overheat and shut down. Sounds like crap to me. Replacing the ducts, then planning to talk to my attorney.

Date created: 2008-02-11 Name: Very Disatisfied Customer
Location: Michigan

I have had this 90% High efficiency furnace for the last 4 years. Every year the furnace stops working. Usually on one of the coldest days of the year. When the furnace stops blowing heated air at night, the house termperature will be in 50's. I have called out different repairmen each time and no one has come up with a solution. Now, instead of paying repairmen, I just turn off and on the furnace every 5 minutes or so, and after a number of times, the furnace will start blowing heated air. I have no idea whether that will shorten the miserable life that this furnace has had, but for now, it is the cheapest and quickest solution.

Date created: 2008-01-25 Name: P. Jeans
Location: Michigan

I am so disappointed with this furnace. If I had known what a piece of crap this furnace was I would have made sure my installer bought another one. I also have the same problem with the furnace working, but blowing out nothing but air. I have had to replace the igniter 5 times in 8 years, pretty pathetic. I also cannot afford to do this every 2 years. I was told that the new ceramic ingiter was suppose to be better & last much longer, well that was a load of crap. It didn't even make 2 years. So now I'm going on my 6th. Going online today I found out that Weatherking is owned by Rheem, well Rheem & Weatherking you should both be ashamed of the quality of your product. Any person that I talk to who is going to buy a furnace I will make sure they know how lousy your product is & to never buy them.

Date created: 2008-01-02 Name: Dan
Location: Seattle, WA

Had 90% efficient gas furnace that went bad after 8 years. I am told that 10 years is the typical lifetime but man the other furnace was 20+ years old. All I can say is buy the best filter you can get and change it often. On the plus side, the system is modular so only those units that needed changing were replaced. But I had to buy the whole furnace anyway.

Date created: 2007-12-08 Name: Mark F
Location: Le Mars, IA

Works fine every time. Wish I would have purchased one with dc motor though.

Date created: 2007-12-04 Name: L. Krempa
Location: North Tonawanda, NY

I have had this weatherking furnace for 1-1/2 years and have nothing but trouble with the unit. Right now the furnace is "blowing" but not heating my home. I live in WNY and it is 27 degrees outside. The best this furnace can do is get my home up to 60 degrees. While that may be OK for some people - it's hard to actually live in. I had my repairman/contractor who installed the unit at the house yesterday afternoon, he worked on it for 2 hours and replaced some parts, and STILL it's not working as it should. I can't keep taking off of work for these "repairs" = so I am at work today to warm up. I am at my wits end.