Consumer Reviews of WEATHERKING furnaces

Read more about WEATHERKING furnaces

Date created: 2011-01-10 Name: S Phillips
Location: New Castle ,DE

"Not happy with Weather king furnace"
We brought our home 6 years ago and Weatherking was installed for the furnace and for 6 years we have had to have a repair man come out. Sometimes during the night the furnace will go out and we wake up freeezing. When you call customer service they have nothing but the distubutors and nothing else. Something should be done about this and recall or replacement of the furnace. as our warranty has ran out. If enough people complain maybe something can be none but to be stuck like this each winter SUCKS. I would like to hear from others who has this problem.

Date created: 2010-12-31 Name: Joe Jones

"Don't buy this furnace unless you want to freeze"
This unit was installed when i bought the home. The first year we had to have repair men out maybe about 12 times. Winter just started and someone has been out 4 times. Usually when you call a technician they cannot come out for 2-4 days. In the meantime you have to sit there without heat. Different techs say different things. No one know what to do. I have a warranty company called Old Republic and I think that they should replace the unit but that is like pulling teeth. They say the system is not malfunctioning.I asked them what exactly would they call a furnace that consistently goes out at least twice a month? Can we all join together and do something about this?

Date created: 2010-12-31 Name: Joe Jones

"I wouldnt recomment a weatherking furnace"
This is our second winter in the home and lucklily we have a warranty. I guess I can say lucky. The idiot warranty company has sent several tech's out and every last one has said a host of problems but the warranty company wont fix it. We are constantly without heat every winter. I would not recommend a weatherking furnace

Date created: 2010-12-14 Name: kevin
Location: pittsburgh pa.

"Home owner"
I had a weather king Installed 2 years ago 2008 wow, what a piece of garbage. when it kicks on the air is cold,when it's running the heat is luke warm and when it shuts down the air is cold. does anybody know what is wrong with this white elephant?

Date created: 2010-10-01 Name: B. A.
Location: Florida

"Trash"
This furnace worked just 2 years

Date created: 2010-05-21 Name: Jon Moon
Location: Kansas City

"You People are Crazy"
Hi! My name is Jon, owner and president of AAA Aire Heating and Cooling LLC in Kansas City and I have a few answers to all the problems that you people are having. One, if you have replaced a motor in it twice, try changing the blower capacitor. Your board will never go bad due to a blower motor. Also, if you have been getting water into the bottom of the furnace that is why it keeps going bad. You always have to replace the capacitor when you change a blower motor, a fan motor in a condensing unit, replacing a contractor in a condensing unit or a vent motor. Find a new service man! Alot of people don't know what a Weather King funace is. Weather King is a Rheem funace. They also make Ruud, Sure Comfort and Remmington. Im a Sure Comfort Dealer and i've never have one problem. G Ham, if you back up heat is not coming on, you have a bad t-stat or outdoor t-stat. Have a Honeywell 8000 touchscreen with outdoor sensor installed. If you dont have at lease 8 ran to the t-stat, you have to install a Honeywell IAQ or a wireless system. It has nothing to do with you furnace. Find a new Service man! Also your heat pump should be set to shut off at 30 the max, I like 35. Find a new service man! D. Butera, Don't put in a carbide ignitor. Replace it with a nitride igniter in. It will Last Longer. Get a new service man! D. Miller, If you have a 90% funace or above you have a 10 year warranty. That is if you service man registered your funace when it was installed. All 90% and above funaces and any R-410A equipment has to be registered online to have a 10 year warranty. If you don't do this the equipment will only have a 5 year warranty Find a new service man! Charlie C., the furnace was wired up wrong! Find a new service man! Janet Schminkey, The parts that you have had to replace, are parts the just go bad on all funaces. All the parts that are in your funace is the same that is in mine and everyone's furnace. If they say that its not they are a lier. There are only a few different companies that make this stuff like, Honeywell, Johnson Controls and White Rogers. THEY ARE MAN MADE. Find a new service man! If you people have been listining you would find a common problem to most of these problems. FIND A NEW SERVICE MAN! That has a big part on if you stay cool in the summer or warm in the winter. If you have any ?'s about this please call. 816-878-7887 and I will be glad to speak with you.

Date created: 2010-04-07 Name: R. Imbrogno

"Home owner"
I replaced the motor on it twice and now just found out that the motherboard is bad and has to be replaced. This unit is junk and should be in a junkyard. I have a unit doing my 1st floor since 1960. No problems. They don't make them like they used to anymore. What happened to quality control?

Date created: 2010-01-30 Name: Brad

All I can say is junk all the money I put in fixing this. I could have bought a top line furnace.

Date created: 2010-01-10 Name: Melissa

"3 ton weather king"
This is absolutely a piece of junk!! Do not waste your time with buying one of these! We have had to replace the compressor 4 times already and it just went out again.. The last one they would not cover under warranty because they said there was a defect in how it was installed... I had a licensed HVAC put and install it. I have 10 grand in this piece of junk... I'm taking it out and buying a different one!! Please stay away from this brand. It literally is a piece of garbage!!

Date created: 2009-12-29 Name: G Ham

"Total Frustration"
I find Weatherking's review very comical, considering the other reviews and comments. Perhaps he is a better repair man than I have. The gas backup never kicks in. When the outside temperature is above 20 degrees, the heat pump keeps the temperature around 68 degrees. Once below 20 the house temperature drops rapidly with no gas backup. Ackerman Brothers Heating have been out numerous times and can't figure it out. So this morning, the temperature is 58 degrees in our house, besides extremely high electric bills in the cold weather. After reading these reviews, I understand that I have a piece of crap for a furnace. Try a different company to see if anyone can fix this before buying space heaters. My recommendation: avoid Weatherking and Ackerman Brothers