Consumer Reviews of Utica furnaces

Read more about Utica furnaces

Date created: 2015-07-12 Name: Pat fasanello
Location: Walpole, MA

"Very bad service"
I bought a very high efficiency gas furnace for my apartment house. It has been a constant nightmare The boiler leaked the first year, resulting in no heat until Utica sent a new one; $2000 to install a new boiler. Then the condensate collector failed. They would not send a new one, it was $400 to buy and install. Also lost rent because of no heat and tenant's stored property was destroyed by the condensate leak. I sent registered letters to Utica to no avail. We have begun legal action to recover our losses. Don't get involved with the Utica company! Pat Walpole, Massachusetts.

Date created: 2015-01-09 Name: kelvin
Location: United States

"Utica sucks"
I own a two-family building and both boilers are Utica. The cast iron block cracked within one year. I called Utica to report it and I was treated like crap. The worst costumer service ever. Don't buy it.

Date created: 2015-01-06 Name: kathy botty
Location: Pelham, NH

"Nightmare"
Do not install this furnace; it's a nightmare. It hasn't worked from day one. It must have had 100 service calls, yet it just keeps stopping. The company will not honor the warranty or return a phone call. Three years of this and $10,000 later, and now we have to buy a new furnace. Worst company in America.

Date created: 2012-11-01 Name: Karen R.
Location: York,PA

"3 utica, 35 years old"
I have three Utica gas hot water boilers in a multi unit apartment building, that are 35 years old! They have been good furnaces and I would purchase the same brand again.

Date created: 2011-01-12 Name: Paul Geenen
Location: Milwaukee, WI

"Failed Venting System"
I put in two Utica boiler gas fired furnaces in my rental. The vent system failed on both, with the 3 yr unit failing first, and now the 7 yr old unit failing 1/11/11. The repair man grumbled that the vent system was designed to save heat, closing when the furnace was off, but they often fail. In the 3 yr unit, I had a $300 repair bill. In the 7 yr old unit, it failed to open and the furnace over heated. The attempt by the repair man failed and my tenant is still without heat. It looks like we need a new part to solve the problem.

Date created: 2010-01-08 Name: Sue

"Utica Boiler"
Ignitor tanked after less than 7 years. Told I had to contact a plumbing contractor for a new part. Have spent a week waiting for it. No one calls back. Every time I call the plumbing contractor, he tries to convince me to buy a new boiler. Who replaces a boiler after 7 years? What a piece of crap. I would never buy another Utica Boiler.

Date created: 2009-12-02 Name: C. Romaine

"Twice bitten with Utica Boilers"
Replaced the old furnace with a utica steam boiler in 2002 only to have a defect crack in the cast iron. Utica paid to replace boiler in 2005, but not labor. In Oct 2009, same problem with the replacement boiler, crack in cast iron. I have documented pictures of both right through. Would not have another utica boiler installed. If there is a class action suit against the company, I would like to join it!

Date created: 2009-05-09 Name: A M.

"Utica Boilers"
We have had a Utica Gas Burner for 17 years- it was the original furnace installed at the time our house was built. We have never had a problem with it. We have only serviced it twice in 17 years for regular genteral maintenace.