Consumer Reviews of Trane furnaces

Read more about Trane furnaces

Date created: 2011-01-07 Name: S. Byrnes
Location: Newmarket, Ontario

"Never Again by a Trance from Energy Direct"
In 2005 I purchased a Trane Furnace model TUYo80R9v3W, they installed something else because they could not fit the model I chose. The mid efficiency model has a five year warranty on part and labor. After four year in the winter the circuit board gave out and we were without heat for some time. Yet again, yesterday January 6th, 2011 the furnace broke down again and it appears to be yet another major problem. It is -10 outside and my husband is just getting over pneumonia. It is approx. 16 degree Celsius in the house right now. Nedless to say I have contacted a lawyer because I do not intend on paying another $4000.00. We have been maintaining the furnace and had it clean regularly.

Date created: 2010-12-21 Name: Adam
Location: St. Louis, MO

"Any Brand Including Trane"
I am professional, in HVAC industry, it is not the equipment that causes problems, 95% of the time. Guess what it is, most of the time home owner who doesn't maintain the equipment and offten is the half qualified Installer who doesn't size it right and wrongly installes it. Thats the problem 95% of the times. When my company installes any of the brands, our customers enjoy trouble free comfort for many years to come. No we are not cheap guys, we do charge for our expert work. Those guys that complain, stop blaiming someone else, it probably is your fault. Think about it!

Date created: 2010-12-17 Name: S Wolf

"Do NOT Buy a TRANE FURNACE!"
There was a trane furnace in our house brand new when we moved in...it quit working with in two days of moving into our very first ever home. We had it replaced with another trane cause we thought there would be warranty... Big Mistake! We have now had our 2nd one for 3 years, and every winter it quits working....it cycles on and off but will not blow heat! We live in Northern MN where it is -20 degrees. We can't go with out heat. Conveniently there is NO SERVICE REPAIR SHOP THAT WILL EVEN LOOK AT THIS PIECE OF CRAP within 2 hrs of us and NO TOLL FREE NUMBER TO CALL. Trane...you are awful and shouldn't be in Business. You don't stand behind your product or have anyone who can fix them or that we can call for help. Thanks for taking all my Christmas money yet again this year. We Drop kicked your furnace and are putting in a new furnace from a company that stands behind their product and has SERVICE!

Date created: 2010-12-16 Name: DMP

"Trane Furnace"
This is in response to many of the reviews, including the one by LEH. It is very important to know that a large majority of the problems are from improper installation. When fittings are loose, its probably because they arent tightened properly at install. Or the install/service company didn't solder the joints properly and is covering their own mistakes by blaming it on the equipment. Also, mechanical valves do go back...but most likely the sensing bulbs for these valves were removed during install when the joints were soldered and they burned the vales up. Also, water leaks are almost always from poor installation....otherwise they would be replacing the drain pans inside the units. Just be sure you know WHO installed the unit and be sure of the job they did before you run around telling everyone the equipment is junk.

Date created: 2010-12-14 Name: AW

"Repeated Service Calls"
Had my trane furnace for 5 years now. During the summers while running the AC, water would leak from the top of the furnace down the front and into the bottom section of the furnace. Over a three year period 8 service calls were required to try to stop the leaking. Fortunately, my area has several trane dealers, so I finally gave up on the dealer I was using and switched to another company, that company was able to fix the problem the first time and the three years of leaking were finally corrected. I've used the current company for two years now and so far so good. Like mentioned by some, many issues mine included have more to do with the people working on them than the product itself. A furnace/ac/humidifier/air cleaner is only as good as the people who work on it and back up that work. Be sure you have more than one dealer in your area.

Date created: 2010-12-09 Name: Susan Moors
Location: Santa Rosa CA

"Comvination gas heating 7 cooling air cond"
I've had way too many service calls to get the furnace to ignite. Its costing me about $50 per mo. to keep it working. Something has to be done to fix this ignitor problem.

Date created: 2010-12-08 Name: mkm
Location: st. Paul, mn

"NEVER AGAIN"
We will never again buy a Trane furnace. We have had so many problems and then a year after our 5 year warranty it is discovered that the circuit board is bad. And that is why we had all the problems to begin with but they will not cover the part. Our service guy is wonderful and is "eating" the cost of the part because it is simply wrong that we have had all these problems. He said he will try to get reimbursed himself. But of course there are labor charges. Again we will keep our furnace guy but never again buy another Trane (wreck).

Date created: 2010-12-05 Name: Geneva
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma

"Trane wreck"
This system has broken down every year since I purchased it I purchased july 02 and by winter I had to replace a part on the heater which had never been used but the unit was over 90 days old needless to say I had to pay for a repair of $ 350.00 and I have have to replace a part every winter so when someone tells me they want to purchase a trane I tell them it is a trane wreck ready to happen and don't throw your money out the window. I did report to the better business bureau the information I received was it was out of the part warranty who would run heat in oklahoma heat.

Date created: 2010-12-04 Name: Neil
Location: CA

"X95"
I got one X95 installed little over an year back and today the system stopped working on Saturday morning. I called up the dealer, his automated message says they work M-F. Now we have to spend 2 days without heating in this cold weather.

Date created: 2010-12-02 Name: CMoffatt
Location: Calgary, AB

"Dealers should be excluded from ratings"
The dealers ratings are skewing the results.