Consumer Reviews of TRANE furnaces

Read more about TRANE furnaces

Date created: 2010-12-02 Name: CMoffatt
Location: Calgary, AB

"XR80"
Am waiting for a tech to be available to come back again to restore heat. Sensor rods have been cleaned, replaced and a fuse has been replaced. The furnace has had problems since the get go from installation in 2002. If I have to replace the furnace it will definitely not be with a Trane. In my work, I see furnaces in homes that are 25+ years old. What has happened to quality these days.

Date created: 2010-12-02 Name: Larry Coffman
Location: Solon Ohio

"Heat exchanger"
Had the furnace two years. Bought the service contract which they told me would cover materials and labor should it fail. Looked at the furnace last week and had a puddle of water underneath. I thought there was something wrong with the humidifier. Called the company that installed it they told me the heat exchanger was cracked. The part was covered by Trane but not the labor to install!!! Two years on a $7000 furnace investment! That is what is wrong with business today. Sell a product that won't last!!! Very disappointed:(

Date created: 2010-11-30 Name: G. Anderson

"XR 90"
3 zones, expensive, starts and stops up to a dozen times before it will fire 3 years straight since new, tech replaced every component, still starts and stops, now i'm being billed for a piece of crap they can't fix! Never again!!!

Date created: 2010-11-24 Name: B. Zurek

"Xv95"
Noisy (really unbearably so); and heats much slower than an old lennox that used to shudder and groan every time it came on. I cannot believe I miss a furnace that was at least 25 years old. Avoid the trane at all costs. I wish I had my money back.

Date created: 2010-11-19 Name: k carlson

"No customer service number online"
They have no customer service number online. need i say more.

Date created: 2010-11-14 Name: Brian Schaumburg
Location: Chenoa, IL

"New purchaser of a Trane Wreck!"
I had the 95 installed by a highly respected local company and 2 times now we have had the furnace go out. These installer/defenders of the product that say "you don't understand, this is a very high tech system and things go wrong." All I understand is that it is Sunday am and it is cold and a tech won't be here for several hours. That and it is only the 14th of November. What happens in January and the snow is 3 foot deep and they cannot get here to fix it? Deeply disappointed? No I am mad!

Date created: 2010-11-12 Name: t hart
Location: doraville,ga

"Discount store junk"
Overpriced discount store junk. I have spent a average of $1000 per year in repairs for the last 7 years. everything from thermostat to circuit board have been replaced. Warranty??? Trane doesn't have a warranty- If something wasn't mailed using a secret code- no warranty. Trane might of had a good name 20 years ago-not today after Home depot and the discounters took over. Pure unreliable- unrepairable junk. No product support, no usable manuals or guides, no parts. I had a carrier unit that ran perfect - with normal easy to do maintenance for 30 years. Got talked into this overpriced, over complex junk. Here is the best part - my gas bill and electric bill went up instead of down. Tom

Date created: 2010-11-07 Name: Dave

"No poblems here"
I am a Trane dealer and I would never sell another brand. 10 year parts warranty and lifetime on heat exchangers. Their should be no warranty charge for parts like alot of you have said, labour maybe, I don't charge labour if I have a problem in the first year. Trane always stands behind their products. Problems that u are having is from poor installation or poorly trained installation and service techs. Trane does provide training free of charge but it is not mandatory and alot of owners will not send employees to training (they think it cost them money). I feel the more my employees know about our products the better the installs will be and the happier my customers. Intermitant problems are difficult to detect as I am sure all of you are aware, most of them stem from lack/poor maintenance. These are high tech furnaces and must be properly maintained, the blower must be removed and cleaned and this allows you to clean the heat exchanger as well, burners, drains, needs to be done also. Flame sensors should be cleaned only for a quick fix and then replaced. When you clean them you scratch the surface and the get dirty quicker. If I had this many problems I would be out of buisness and the opposite is true we are growing. Any problems that I run into with Trane products are installed by others who do not care and will not stand behind their shabby workmanship. You people need to go Tranes web site and contact them, try to be nice and I am sure you will get some help

Date created: 2010-11-07 Name: Dave H
Location: Ontario, Canada

"Best furnace u can buy"

Date created: 2010-11-02 Name: Craig Anthony
Location: Columbus, OH

"Stopped the Trane Pain"
Recently replaced our less than 10-year old Trane furnace with a new York furnace per the contractor's recommendation. Had many expensive service calls and repair bills with the old furnace, not sure what model it was. It was also very noisy and in-efficient. Agree with others that it's not hard to stop a Trane, ours stopped frequently and expensively! Reading other posts I don't think it was installation related, new furnace has worked with no problems.