Consumer Reviews of Trane furnaces

Read more about Trane furnaces

Date created: 2011-03-17 Name: Brent w.
Location: Rochester,mn

"BW mechanical"
I have been installing Trane for over 15 years, the furnace is by far the easiest furnace on the market to get parts for and every problem I run into is usually an install issue. It just goes to show how important the install is. You pay a little more for the product but side by side comparison shows the Trane is 20 pounds heavier due to better made materials. And if you want btu,s in a box buy some junk like goodman, duccane, or Lemnox. Remember you are just another job to some contractors. Find a contractor who stands behind there work and you will find a Trane dealer.

Date created: 2011-03-07 Name: Hannah
Location: South Dakota

"Not Energy Efficient"
We had our Trane installed brand new about five years ago. We have had nothing but problems with the unit. It constantly runs and blows almost cool air instead of warm. It is far from energy efficient-our electric and propane bill has been considerably higher since it was installed too. Parts are expensive and servicers are hard to find.

Date created: 2011-03-03 Name: J.Crowell
Location: Puyallup, Wa.

"Best comfort ever"
The service received from our Trane dealer, was nothing but the best and most professional in all regards. We truly appreciate the personal contacts, the patience with our decisions, and the professional and caring manner with which they handled our furnace and venting needs. Our appreciation for the Product and company has been shared with many of our friends, and I trust that they will call should any of them have a need for your services.

Date created: 2011-02-26 Name: W. Lamb
Location: Flagstaff arizona

"Trans xe90 EXTREMELY DANGEROUS MALFUNCTION"
Trane gas furnace on auto programmable thermostat, ignited during the night while our family was asleep BUT blower did not run. Safety cut off malfunctioned and furnace continued to burn without airflow or ventilation. Fortunately a family member awoke to find house filling with smoke, carbon monoxide etc. Ducts in walls and ceiling were melting but house had not yet ignited. EXTREMELY DANGEROUS

Date created: 2011-02-26 Name: T.Pet
Location: Bville, Pa

"Its hard to get one goin to"
Ive been a service tech. in the h.v.a.c industry since 2005. I work for a company that is a carrier and payne dealer. A couple years ago we also started installing the Trane XB 90 furnace. BIG MISTAKE!!! We'd take them out the box install them, and a handfull of them wouldn't even run. Well our company ended up discovering the pipe that connects the Primary heat exchanger to the secondary wasn't sealed properly from the factory causing the furnace not to work. I've worked on every brand. Go with a Carrier you can't beat the warranty, 10yrs parts 5yrs labor or 10yrs labor for a couple extra bucks. Alot of people don't understand that the quality of your furnace also depends on the installation and being properly sized for your house and what your duct work can handle. Carriers Infinity system is the way to go. You pay for what u get. Trust me..

Date created: 2011-02-12 Name: Donald Daugherty
Location: Florence, Alabama

"I would never buy another Trane"
I bought a trane heat pump 10 years ago. Every part on it has been replaced execpt the cover. I just had the third fan motor put in. It constantly leaks freon. I guess ,I alone am responible for global warming. It still has warranty thank goodness. But what happens when the warranty runs out in 6 months. 4-6000 dollars to replace a unit 10 years old. Bad product will never by another Trane in my life time.

Date created: 2011-01-28 Name: Mar
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

"XV95 - not much of a heater"
I got a Trane high efficiency furnace in 2007. Expecting it to do a better job and the 20+ furnace. I was disapointed with the results, the clain of "no more hot or cold spots and better heat distribution" is a bogus claim. I was never able to get the temperature in the house as warm as I did with the old furnace.

Date created: 2011-01-26 Name: C.LAMB
Location: ALLEN TEXAS

"95+ gas furnace"
I have a Trane 95+ gas furnace model TUH3C100ACV4VAA, it is a little over a year and half old.The first winter it stopped heating four times, they NPF one time claimed there were no faults. The next time they replaced ignitor, then they replaced a pressure switch, then they came out and replaced the ignitor again. This was over about a four month time. But come this winter it all started again, first time they changed ignitor, the next time thy claimed it was my gas regulator on outside of house, three weeks later they are saying it is gas press. valve on unit. Bet it goes out within next month if it stays cold in Texas. If you talk to TRANE they just want to keep replacing parts. I dont believe they are know what they are doing and im not talking about the tech. Im talking about service reps and engineers for TRANE they keep telling tech to replace parts instead finding out what is causing problem. If i had to do over would not Use TRANE

Date created: 2011-01-26 Name: Kevin McMahon
Location: Haddonfield, NJ

"Quality, customer service, and leadership very poor"
As part of an entire home renovation less than five years ago, we installed three heating / cooling zones, all with Trane equipment. One of the furnaces is on its third motor, and Trane has to date refused to back the product or admit a part problem. Using customer service via the website was useless. I also wrote directly to David Pannier, Pres. of Trane residential, with no response

Date created: 2011-01-24 Name: Ryan
Location: Gun Barrel City, Texas

"To respond to your complaints..."
As any of you complaining about this product may know, it is built on an assembly line in a timely manor. The products that are failing are a result in poor vendors quality that Trane puts their name on. I do not work for Trane, or any other brand, but can see a trend in A/C and heating parts in the last 7 years. They are coming out of Mexico and China due to price. I work on all brands all the time, and can say that Trane is the one I have seen the least of. In the complaints given, most seem like they can be avoided with annual maintenance. A dirty ignitor will fail when used. A motor that has a small leak in the bearings will fail. A poorly installed system will have plenty of issues with air loss and efficiency. So spend the time and money to have the system looked at regularly to protect your investment. In final, if your technician doesn't seem to know enough about the product or system, send them on their way and demand another.