Consumer Reviews of Trane furnaces

Read more about Trane furnaces

Date created: 2011-01-26 Name: C.LAMB
Location: ALLEN TEXAS

"95+ gas furnace"
I have a Trane 95+ gas furnace model TUH3C100ACV4VAA, it is a little over a year and half old.The first winter it stopped heating four times, they NPF one time claimed there were no faults. The next time they replaced ignitor, then they replaced a pressure switch, then they came out and replaced the ignitor again. This was over about a four month time. But come this winter it all started again, first time they changed ignitor, the next time thy claimed it was my gas regulator on outside of house, three weeks later they are saying it is gas press. valve on unit. Bet it goes out within next month if it stays cold in Texas. If you talk to TRANE they just want to keep replacing parts. I dont believe they are know what they are doing and im not talking about the tech. Im talking about service reps and engineers for TRANE they keep telling tech to replace parts instead finding out what is causing problem. If i had to do over would not Use TRANE

Date created: 2011-01-26 Name: Kevin McMahon
Location: Haddonfield, NJ

"Quality, customer service, and leadership very poor"
As part of an entire home renovation less than five years ago, we installed three heating / cooling zones, all with Trane equipment. One of the furnaces is on its third motor, and Trane has to date refused to back the product or admit a part problem. Using customer service via the website was useless. I also wrote directly to David Pannier, Pres. of Trane residential, with no response

Date created: 2011-01-24 Name: Ryan
Location: Gun Barrel City, Texas

"To respond to your complaints..."
As any of you complaining about this product may know, it is built on an assembly line in a timely manor. The products that are failing are a result in poor vendors quality that Trane puts their name on. I do not work for Trane, or any other brand, but can see a trend in A/C and heating parts in the last 7 years. They are coming out of Mexico and China due to price. I work on all brands all the time, and can say that Trane is the one I have seen the least of. In the complaints given, most seem like they can be avoided with annual maintenance. A dirty ignitor will fail when used. A motor that has a small leak in the bearings will fail. A poorly installed system will have plenty of issues with air loss and efficiency. So spend the time and money to have the system looked at regularly to protect your investment. In final, if your technician doesn't seem to know enough about the product or system, send them on their way and demand another.

Date created: 2011-01-12 Name: paul arnold
Location: 50 stuart ridge rd. cle elum wa.

"Furnace repairs"
3 year furnace, motor went out last year $250.00 switch went out this year $25200

Date created: 2011-01-10 Name: P.N.
Location: Illinois

"Trane XE80 Lemons"
Stay away frtom a Trane. XE80 we have replaced ignitor, circuit board, blower motor and inducing motor plus problems with high limit switch. On the A/C unit, fan motor and several contactors. All of this JUST past warranty. I contacted the original installer and he sent me to Trane. They said "tough luck" and were willing to give me a FREE service if I paid for a service call and labor. How is that Free??

Date created: 2011-01-07 Name: Richard
Location: Auburn Hills, MI

"Humidifier leaks onto motherboard"
I have this furnace over 2 years. It might be the installers but here are the problems: Trane humidifier doesnt fit snug so it leaks on to the top of the furnace. Then into the area where the pilot is, then down onto the electricals and fan motor, then down onto the wires and circuits on the motherboard. Terrible design, terrible installers! They replaced the motherboard once- two months ago and the new motherboard is toast right now as I write this. Red light stays on and does not blink. I called Trane and they said someone will get back with me. Garbage customer service too!

Date created: 2011-01-07 Name: Chilly Willy
Location: Ann Arbor, MI

"Trane Furnace is garbage!!"
I had this installed in 2007. There have been 7 service calls since. 3 motherboards, 2 flame sensors, an igniter.... what a piece of junk. I researched trane and their name was good when I bought. Those days are over. The installer did a great job, and has been good about the service calls but you can't make a silk purse from a sows ear. Do yourself a favor, stay away from Trane. Almost ALL of the "satisfied" comments here are from DEALERS of Trane garbage. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED. TRANE IS JUNK!!!

Date created: 2011-01-07 Name: S. Byrnes
Location: Newmarket, Ontario

"Never Again by a Trance from Energy Direct"
In 2005 I purchased a Trane Furnace model TUYo80R9v3W, they installed something else because they could not fit the model I chose. The mid efficiency model has a five year warranty on part and labor. After four year in the winter the circuit board gave out and we were without heat for some time. Yet again, yesterday January 6th, 2011 the furnace broke down again and it appears to be yet another major problem. It is -10 outside and my husband is just getting over pneumonia. It is approx. 16 degree Celsius in the house right now. Nedless to say I have contacted a lawyer because I do not intend on paying another $4000.00. We have been maintaining the furnace and had it clean regularly.

Date created: 2010-12-21 Name: Adam
Location: St. Louis, MO

"Any Brand Including Trane"
I am professional, in HVAC industry, it is not the equipment that causes problems, 95% of the time. Guess what it is, most of the time home owner who doesn't maintain the equipment and offten is the half qualified Installer who doesn't size it right and wrongly installes it. Thats the problem 95% of the times. When my company installes any of the brands, our customers enjoy trouble free comfort for many years to come. No we are not cheap guys, we do charge for our expert work. Those guys that complain, stop blaiming someone else, it probably is your fault. Think about it!

Date created: 2010-12-17 Name: S Wolf

"Do NOT Buy a TRANE FURNACE!"
There was a trane furnace in our house brand new when we moved in...it quit working with in two days of moving into our very first ever home. We had it replaced with another trane cause we thought there would be warranty... Big Mistake! We have now had our 2nd one for 3 years, and every winter it quits working....it cycles on and off but will not blow heat! We live in Northern MN where it is -20 degrees. We can't go with out heat. Conveniently there is NO SERVICE REPAIR SHOP THAT WILL EVEN LOOK AT THIS PIECE OF CRAP within 2 hrs of us and NO TOLL FREE NUMBER TO CALL. Trane...you are awful and shouldn't be in Business. You don't stand behind your product or have anyone who can fix them or that we can call for help. Thanks for taking all my Christmas money yet again this year. We Drop kicked your furnace and are putting in a new furnace from a company that stands behind their product and has SERVICE!