Consumer Reviews of Trane furnaces

Read more about Trane furnaces

Date created: 2011-05-16 Name: Todd
Location: Mechanicsville, VA

"TRANE furnace - Great buy"
Bought this furnace four years ago. Its been great, never an issue. Can barly hear it run, at firt I had to put my hand against the register to see if it was running - it always was. Very happy with this funance.

Date created: 2011-05-03 Name: David G.
Location: Huron, SD

"Would buy again"
Great furnace, installers were great. Aside from writing the check, the whole process was a pleasure. The new furnace works as advertised: it quite, efficient and never breaks down. I stay current in all maintenance, which is important for something as critical as a gas furnace.

Date created: 2011-05-02 Name: Bob
Location: Pittsburg, PA

"Premium Brand"
I'm a contracor and have the flexibility to install almost any major brand I want. Over the course of my 25years in the business, I've been an factory installer for three brands and I've serviced all the major brands. One things I've seen, easlity 75% of furnace repairs for equipment under 8 years old are due to poor installation and/or maintance. People should first look to their installer - make sure you get one who backs up their work - check BBB and refernces/Friends/etc. Now to Trane, I can attest to the value that Trane presents. They are consistantly one of the best quality products out there. They make their equipemnt in the USA, you'd be surprose how much equipment comes out of Asian sweat shops. One of the prior reviews talked about how hard parts are to get for Trane - thats is a lie your contractor is telling you - Trane has Warehouses throughout the USA with parts. I've never had to wait longer than 24 hrs. When sonething goes bad its usually happens within the first 30 days, electronics are that way. I know that Trane tests their furnaces and A/C equipment before it leaves the factory(sometines twice). Its a premium brand - so its expensive compared to other equipement - you just need to decide whats it worth to you. I highly recommend Trane over any other brand. Make sure you do your homework on your service comnpany - it can make all the difference.

Date created: 2011-04-29 Location: Dayton, OH

"Trane, it never stops."
It is very new, therefore I cannot review fully yet but so far very efficient! It is quiet which is a big deal for me. Haven't had any snow, therefore cannot comment on its defrosting abilities but so far handles great in the rain.

Date created: 2011-04-27 Name: Sandy
Location: Toronto, Canada

"Value"
New Trane furnace installed 8 months ago. Model XV90 with Traneffects air cleaner. Yes, its expensive ... seems about 15% more than a Carrier system. Was sold on the features and service recommendaitons from several sources. Not disappointed. What a quality system. I guess any manufacure can have some problems, but in my experience it's a best buy.

Date created: 2011-04-25 Name: Greg
Location: Springville, NY

"Highly Recommend"
Had this system installed two years ago replacing a Carrier brand system. What a difference! Two completely trouble free years. My Carrier was only 9 years old and the system died. The difference between these two systems is significant (even when the Carrier ran at its best). The Trans is allot less noisy and has completely eliminated the large temperature swings we used to get.

Date created: 2011-04-14 Name: suz
Location: canada

"TRANE FURNACE (horrible preformance)"
It is constantly BREAKING...What a piece of crap! High efficiency my ass.. I guess because it never works its considered efficient???

Date created: 2011-03-31 Name: Jerry Wasylkiw
Location: Edmonton, Alberta

"NOT pleased with the Trane furnace"
We remodled about 7 years ago and were advised that the Trane was the best furnace. So we purchased a 2 stage mid efficient modle. Were were told by the installers that the unit was maintenance free. However, the next winter we found out otherwise. We went on vacation during the winter season and left our 2 teenage girls at home. The last two days of the trip the furnace only blew cold air. Fortunately, my son came over and started up the fireplace to keep the house warm. When I got home I called our dealer and was told that the problem I have is likely a carboned up heat censor, and notwithstanding that I purchased the additional warranty, this was deemed to be a maintenace issue and hence the service people were instructed not to service this under our coverage. The next day I called the service manager, who came over and installed a new flame censor for free. He showed me how to remove it and to annually clean off the carbon with a fine sand paper. I now do this every year in October when I install my new air filter. Even with this, the other day (March 30) the house got cold over night and I had to clean off the censor again. Its a good thing that I know what to do now, but this could potentially be a dangerous situation in the middle of winter for unknowing people or for someone who is away for an extended period of time. For this reason alone, I would NOT recommed the purchase of the TRANE.

Date created: 2011-03-24 Name: J. Marks
Location: Caledon

"Frequent Trane Furnace Problems"
My warranty expired from Direct Energy this month, exactly 30 days after. I had service people out here at least once a year for the last 5 years, usually to clean the flame sensor that carbons up. A few times to reconnect the aluminum to copper wire. Last furnace I had lasted decades with no problem. When I called them, my warranty was up and they wanted to sell me a warranty plan after a few hundred dollar visit and 10 a month, or 100 service call and 54 labour to fix. Did they make these lemmons so they could see money? I do not nopt know what recourse I have but the reason they changed this 5 years ago was because the water tank leaked and blew the furnace, they changed the tank next day and said nothing about why it broke.

Date created: 2011-03-17 Name: Brent w.
Location: Rochester,mn

"BW mechanical"
I have been installing Trane for over 15 years, the furnace is by far the easiest furnace on the market to get parts for and every problem I run into is usually an install issue. It just goes to show how important the install is. You pay a little more for the product but side by side comparison shows the Trane is 20 pounds heavier due to better made materials. And if you want btu,s in a box buy some junk like goodman, duccane, or Lemnox. Remember you are just another job to some contractors. Find a contractor who stands behind there work and you will find a Trane dealer.