Consumer Reviews of Trane furnaces

Read more about Trane furnaces

Date created: 2011-04-14 Name: suz
Location: canada

"TRANE FURNACE (horrible preformance)"
It is constantly BREAKING...What a piece of crap! High efficiency my ass.. I guess because it never works its considered efficient???

Date created: 2011-03-31 Name: Jerry Wasylkiw
Location: Edmonton, Alberta

"NOT pleased with the Trane furnace"
We remodled about 7 years ago and were advised that the Trane was the best furnace. So we purchased a 2 stage mid efficient modle. Were were told by the installers that the unit was maintenance free. However, the next winter we found out otherwise. We went on vacation during the winter season and left our 2 teenage girls at home. The last two days of the trip the furnace only blew cold air. Fortunately, my son came over and started up the fireplace to keep the house warm. When I got home I called our dealer and was told that the problem I have is likely a carboned up heat censor, and notwithstanding that I purchased the additional warranty, this was deemed to be a maintenace issue and hence the service people were instructed not to service this under our coverage. The next day I called the service manager, who came over and installed a new flame censor for free. He showed me how to remove it and to annually clean off the carbon with a fine sand paper. I now do this every year in October when I install my new air filter. Even with this, the other day (March 30) the house got cold over night and I had to clean off the censor again. Its a good thing that I know what to do now, but this could potentially be a dangerous situation in the middle of winter for unknowing people or for someone who is away for an extended period of time. For this reason alone, I would NOT recommed the purchase of the TRANE.

Date created: 2011-03-24 Name: J. Marks
Location: Caledon

"Frequent Trane Furnace Problems"
My warranty expired from Direct Energy this month, exactly 30 days after. I had service people out here at least once a year for the last 5 years, usually to clean the flame sensor that carbons up. A few times to reconnect the aluminum to copper wire. Last furnace I had lasted decades with no problem. When I called them, my warranty was up and they wanted to sell me a warranty plan after a few hundred dollar visit and 10 a month, or 100 service call and 54 labour to fix. Did they make these lemmons so they could see money? I do not nopt know what recourse I have but the reason they changed this 5 years ago was because the water tank leaked and blew the furnace, they changed the tank next day and said nothing about why it broke.

Date created: 2011-03-17 Name: Brent w.
Location: Rochester,mn

"BW mechanical"
I have been installing Trane for over 15 years, the furnace is by far the easiest furnace on the market to get parts for and every problem I run into is usually an install issue. It just goes to show how important the install is. You pay a little more for the product but side by side comparison shows the Trane is 20 pounds heavier due to better made materials. And if you want btu,s in a box buy some junk like goodman, duccane, or Lemnox. Remember you are just another job to some contractors. Find a contractor who stands behind there work and you will find a Trane dealer.

Date created: 2011-03-07 Name: Hannah
Location: South Dakota

"Not Energy Efficient"
We had our Trane installed brand new about five years ago. We have had nothing but problems with the unit. It constantly runs and blows almost cool air instead of warm. It is far from energy efficient-our electric and propane bill has been considerably higher since it was installed too. Parts are expensive and servicers are hard to find.

Date created: 2011-03-03 Name: J.Crowell
Location: Puyallup, Wa.

"Best comfort ever"
The service received from our Trane dealer, was nothing but the best and most professional in all regards. We truly appreciate the personal contacts, the patience with our decisions, and the professional and caring manner with which they handled our furnace and venting needs. Our appreciation for the Product and company has been shared with many of our friends, and I trust that they will call should any of them have a need for your services.

Date created: 2011-02-26 Name: W. Lamb
Location: Flagstaff arizona

"Trans xe90 EXTREMELY DANGEROUS MALFUNCTION"
Trane gas furnace on auto programmable thermostat, ignited during the night while our family was asleep BUT blower did not run. Safety cut off malfunctioned and furnace continued to burn without airflow or ventilation. Fortunately a family member awoke to find house filling with smoke, carbon monoxide etc. Ducts in walls and ceiling were melting but house had not yet ignited. EXTREMELY DANGEROUS

Date created: 2011-02-26 Name: T.Pet
Location: Bville, Pa

"Its hard to get one goin to"
Ive been a service tech. in the h.v.a.c industry since 2005. I work for a company that is a carrier and payne dealer. A couple years ago we also started installing the Trane XB 90 furnace. BIG MISTAKE!!! We'd take them out the box install them, and a handfull of them wouldn't even run. Well our company ended up discovering the pipe that connects the Primary heat exchanger to the secondary wasn't sealed properly from the factory causing the furnace not to work. I've worked on every brand. Go with a Carrier you can't beat the warranty, 10yrs parts 5yrs labor or 10yrs labor for a couple extra bucks. Alot of people don't understand that the quality of your furnace also depends on the installation and being properly sized for your house and what your duct work can handle. Carriers Infinity system is the way to go. You pay for what u get. Trust me..

Date created: 2011-02-12 Name: Donald Daugherty
Location: Florence, Alabama

"I would never buy another Trane"
I bought a trane heat pump 10 years ago. Every part on it has been replaced execpt the cover. I just had the third fan motor put in. It constantly leaks freon. I guess ,I alone am responible for global warming. It still has warranty thank goodness. But what happens when the warranty runs out in 6 months. 4-6000 dollars to replace a unit 10 years old. Bad product will never by another Trane in my life time.

Date created: 2011-01-28 Name: Mar
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

"XV95 - not much of a heater"
I got a Trane high efficiency furnace in 2007. Expecting it to do a better job and the 20+ furnace. I was disapointed with the results, the clain of "no more hot or cold spots and better heat distribution" is a bogus claim. I was never able to get the temperature in the house as warm as I did with the old furnace.