Consumer Reviews of Trane furnaces

Read more about Trane furnaces

Date created: 2011-05-24 Name: Jim Haley
Location: Michigan

"XL 80"
I had this unit installed 15 years ago and have spent $1,500 in service calls on it. It seems to quit working just about the coldest season. However, it quit again this Spring & I'm shopping for a dependable, quiet furnace (unlike the Trane) to replace it. We should have an automatic sound-raiser on the TV when the furnace kicks on. 'Nothing stops a Trane'... it stops all by itself. And sounds like a train. Our dog barks when it comes on.

Date created: 2011-05-23 Name: W. Kerringer
Location: Bancroft, SD

"Keeps ya warm"
Replaced our prior Trane Furnqance after 20 years. It still ran but wanted better efficiency. We've had the new Trane for 7 years - runs great, no problems at all!

Date created: 2011-05-23 Name: Bob
Location: Osceola, IA

"Recommend"
I may still be in the Honeymoon period over this furnace. But its been great. Such a huge improvement over our prior unit(Carrier). It is unbelievably quite. Installer was great.

Date created: 2011-05-23 Name: Darren
Location: Silver Lake, KS

"Great Product"
5 year old furnace runs great!

Date created: 2011-05-16 Name: Todd
Location: Mechanicsville, VA

"TRANE furnace - Great buy"
Bought this furnace four years ago. Its been great, never an issue. Can barly hear it run, at firt I had to put my hand against the register to see if it was running - it always was. Very happy with this funance.

Date created: 2011-05-03 Name: David G.
Location: Huron, SD

"Would buy again"
Great furnace, installers were great. Aside from writing the check, the whole process was a pleasure. The new furnace works as advertised: it quite, efficient and never breaks down. I stay current in all maintenance, which is important for something as critical as a gas furnace.

Date created: 2011-05-02 Name: Bob
Location: Pittsburg, PA

"Premium Brand"
I'm a contracor and have the flexibility to install almost any major brand I want. Over the course of my 25years in the business, I've been an factory installer for three brands and I've serviced all the major brands. One things I've seen, easlity 75% of furnace repairs for equipment under 8 years old are due to poor installation and/or maintance. People should first look to their installer - make sure you get one who backs up their work - check BBB and refernces/Friends/etc. Now to Trane, I can attest to the value that Trane presents. They are consistantly one of the best quality products out there. They make their equipemnt in the USA, you'd be surprose how much equipment comes out of Asian sweat shops. One of the prior reviews talked about how hard parts are to get for Trane - thats is a lie your contractor is telling you - Trane has Warehouses throughout the USA with parts. I've never had to wait longer than 24 hrs. When sonething goes bad its usually happens within the first 30 days, electronics are that way. I know that Trane tests their furnaces and A/C equipment before it leaves the factory(sometines twice). Its a premium brand - so its expensive compared to other equipement - you just need to decide whats it worth to you. I highly recommend Trane over any other brand. Make sure you do your homework on your service comnpany - it can make all the difference.

Date created: 2011-04-29 Location: Dayton, OH

"Trane, it never stops."
It is very new, therefore I cannot review fully yet but so far very efficient! It is quiet which is a big deal for me. Haven't had any snow, therefore cannot comment on its defrosting abilities but so far handles great in the rain.

Date created: 2011-04-27 Name: Sandy
Location: Toronto, Canada

"Value"
New Trane furnace installed 8 months ago. Model XV90 with Traneffects air cleaner. Yes, its expensive ... seems about 15% more than a Carrier system. Was sold on the features and service recommendaitons from several sources. Not disappointed. What a quality system. I guess any manufacure can have some problems, but in my experience it's a best buy.

Date created: 2011-04-25 Name: Greg
Location: Springville, NY

"Highly Recommend"
Had this system installed two years ago replacing a Carrier brand system. What a difference! Two completely trouble free years. My Carrier was only 9 years old and the system died. The difference between these two systems is significant (even when the Carrier ran at its best). The Trans is allot less noisy and has completely eliminated the large temperature swings we used to get.